Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Blues Ma

Default Frogmore Stew

Frogmore Stew

Serving Size : 4

2 lb Uncooked Shrimp in shell
4 Ears corn on the cob
4 Medium potatoes
2 lb Sausage (kielbasa, etc.)
Liquid shrimp & crab boil
Lemon
2 Medium onions (optional)

Fill a large stew pot about 1/2 full of water. squeeze lemon juice into
pot (throw in lemon rind just for the heck of it). Add as much of the
shrimp and crab boil as you think is wise (I usually use the whole bottle
but my wife can barely stand 2/3 rds of a bottle). Cut potatoes into large
chunks and add potatoes and corn on the cob. Cook for about 10 minutes and
add cut up onions. cook until the corn and potatoes are done, then add
shrimp and sausage (cut into "wheels") and cook until shrimp are done
(about 3 to 4 minutes longer). This is a very hot "stew" and should be
served with something to cut the heat. I enjoy slaw and some good bread.
Hot mustard goes well with the sausage and tarter sauce goes well with the
shrimp. A six pack of your favorite beverage might also be a good idea.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: