Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Read

Default Applesauce

>From: "Jolene" >
>Does anyone have a quick and easy recipe for applesauce they would like

>share? I love applesauce and would much rather make my own, instead of
>purchasing it from the supermarket in glass jars. Thank you very much,

in
>advance, for your help.

Applesauce

Peel and core apples, cut up & cook in a saucepan over low heat till
soft, and mush them up. You really don't need a recipe.

If you want more detail:
Apples, peeled and cored.
Slice, cook over very low heat stirring frequently till they start to
juice, and then over low heat stirring occasionally till tender. Mush
up, with a potato masher if you want chunky, and a potato ricer or an
electric mixer if you want smooth.
If you have a food mill, you don't even have to peel & core them--slice
and cook over low heat, run through the food mill, which will take out
the skin and seeds, and leave you with pink applesauce.
If the apples are particularly dull, you can add lemon juice and
sweetener, and you can add spices as desired--cinnamon is traditional;
ginger, cloves, allspice, lemon zest, vanilla and almost extract are
good too.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D Hill at .
Archives:

applesauce Cindy Fuller[_2_] General Cooking 3 11-11-2011 11:08 PM
Applesauce Gloria P Preserving 1 29-09-2009 01:40 PM
Applesauce Gloria P General Cooking 17 29-09-2009 02:00 AM
Applesauce Gary Preserving 14 09-08-2008 02:21 AM
Applesauce (2) Collection Faith C Recipes (moderated) 0 10-10-2006 12:45 PM