Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Toasted Sesame Seed Sugar Cookies

Toasted Sesame Seed Sugar Cookies
Modified From a Recent McCormick Advertisement

2 3/4 Cups Flour
2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Toasted Sesame Seeds (See notes below)
2 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, melted

Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add sugar; beat until well
blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture and 1/4 cup of the sesame seeds on low speed.

Refrigerate the dough 2 hours or until firm. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in the remaining 3/4 cup of sesame seeds. Place 2 inches apart on
ungreased baking sheets.

Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Drizzle cookies with the melted chocolate. Let stand until the chocolate is set.

Note: The original recipe called for pre-toasted sesame seeds. Instead, I placed the raw seeds, 1/2 cup at a time, in a glass covered non-stick
frying pan. I placed the heat on medium and shook the pan to keep the seeds moving around in addition to opening the pan to stir them with a wooden
spoon. They can pop like popcorn! You want them to turn brown, so you can smell the sesame, but you have to be careful not to burn them. They took
about 2 minutes to brown. I then placed them in an airtight container to cool overnight.

7/15/09 . I just finished making my first batch of these. The kids love .em. I think that the next time I am going to add cinnamon to the dry
ingredients for a different flavor twist!

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Tracy E. Carman at .
Archives: