Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default TGI Friday's Cilantro Lime Dressing

TGI Friday's Cilantro Lime Dressing

1/4 cup fresh lime juice ( 1 good sized lime)
1/4 + cup fresh cilantro
1/3 cup honey
1 garlic clove peeled & minced
1 med sized jalapeƱo de-seeded de-ribbed
3/4 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Salt to taste ( I used 6 pinches of kosher salt)

Juice the lime to 1/4 cup - (I am restaurant background, so used one good
sized lime) wash and pick leaves off of several sprigs of cilantro, chop
coarsely to equal a heaping 1/4 cup peel and mince a garlic clove, if they
are small use 2, grate the fresh ginger, mince the jalapeno, put all of
the above in a food processor and process until every thing is very fine
pieces. Add the honey & balsamic vinegar process a little, then drizzle in
the olive oil.`Salt to taste, I used 6 pinces of kosher salt. Table salt,
don't use as much.

I used a little mini-Cuisinart to do all the processing, there are little
holes in the lid, perfect for drizzling the oil.

Monari Federzoni Balsamic vinegar of Modena - brand is good and sweet, and
easy on the pocketbook.

Hint: buy fresh ginger, peel it and wrap chunks in film and freeze. You'll
always have it on hand, and it's easier to grate.

This is a very close match to Friday's. I read several here and online,
and just kept tasting the 'sample' I bought from the restaurant. VERY
close indeed !!

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: