Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Sharon's Spicy Oyster Crackers

Request: Snack I tried a recipe for a snack using dry ranch dressing mix
with rice krispy treats, pretzels, oyster crakers and I can't remember
what else. It was a big hit, but since my move, I can't find the recipe,
can anyone help?

Here's one, you could use whatever snacky type food you want. I use this
on pretzel crackers for my annual holiday party. Always a big hit

Sharon's Spicy Oyster Crackers

1 (14 oz) pkg. oyster crackers - about 8 cups (Most packages are about 10
ounces - you'll need about 1 1/2 packages.)
1 (1 oz) pkg. Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning
Mix
(use this dry)
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 cup canola oil - or Enova for the fat conscious - or regular vegetable
oil
works just fine

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Pour crackers into a large bowl. Set aside.
Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Pour
over crackers and stir with a wooden spoon until all of the crackers are
coated with the oil mixture. Pour onto a large cookie sheet. Use spatula
to get all of the oil mixture out of the bowl. Bake for about 20 minutes,
stirring often. Cool, and transfer to an air-tight container. Let set
overnight before using. Flavor will improve after several days. This keeps
well for several weeks.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: