FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   roasted red peppers today (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/441793-roasted-red-peppers-today.html)

songbird 02-09-2017 04:04 AM

roasted red peppers today

put 4 & 1/2 pint jars (tightly packed)
in the freezer. ate plenty too. :)
they're always so yummy, like candy.

first batch, picked this morning, one
full 5 gallon pail, some of the peppers
were as big as both my fists together.

songbird

Bloke Down The Pub 05-09-2017 11:45 AM

roasted red peppers today

"songbird" > wrote in message
> put 4 & 1/2 pint jars (tightly packed)
> in the freezer. ate plenty too. :)
> they're always so yummy, like candy.
>
> first batch, picked this morning, one
> full 5 gallon pail, some of the peppers
> were as big as both my fists together.

Do you strip the skin off before putting them up? We tend to char the skin
then remove it, using the plastic bag method, but there is never sufficient
quantity to preserve as they go with everything and get eaten till the are
gone. I also like them just sliced up ray in a salad and have no problem
with the skins.

Mike

songbird 05-09-2017 11:17 PM

roasted red peppers today

Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
> Do you strip the skin off before putting them up? We tend to char the skin
> then remove it, using the plastic bag method, but there is never sufficient
> quantity to preserve as they go with everything and get eaten till the are
> gone. I also like them just sliced up ray in a salad and have no problem
> with the skins.

no, i just eat 'em. the skins don't bother
me. i know some people do peel them after
roasting, but i've never bothered with that.

i like them fresh, fried, roasted or stuffed,
but i'm sure any other way i'd like them too -
one of my mostest favorite of the veggies.

i have 32 pepper plants. just picked two
more buckets today and will be roasting them
up this evening. most are the size of two
or three bell peppers.

songbird