FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   Putting it by (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/432864-putting.html)

George Shirley[_3_] 20-03-2015 01:20 AM

Putting it by

Pulled the garlic chives and the scallions today, huge bunch of each.
All washed, de-rooted, topped and now being chopped for dehydrating in
the garage. Should run the bugs out of there too. We topped and
replanted two of each in the original bed so there will be a lot again
next year.

We do a lot of herbs, etc. as we have a very large extended family that
uses up what we don't use. Everyone seems happy with the arrangement and
we just like the growing and preserving.

Low eighties F today with lots of sunshine, at dusk we started getting
more rain. The rain gauge runs over at six inches and it ran over two
days ago. I must remember to be grateful for the rain even though it
makes the evil weeds grow too.

Our wild dewberry vines that we have been cultivating for two years are
in full bloom. This spring should be a good one for the wild berries as
last year was fairly dry and they were small and seedy.

All of the vegetable garden is planted for spring, hopes are for
bountiful crops and full fruit jars.

George

[email protected] 23-03-2015 07:41 PM

Putting it by

Thought about putting some Spinach seed out today But we got about 3 inches
of snow :-) John