FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   Snow and Kiwi fruit (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/417258-snow-kiwi-fruit.html)

Kathi[_2_] 24-04-2012 06:11 PM

Snow and Kiwi fruit

Can you believe that Mother Nature has delivered snow to my part of
Ontario this week? Nutts!! Followed by lots of cold cold rain and
wet slushy stuff. Ick.

Kiwi fruit must be in season somewhere, because I can pick up 2 kg
baskets of them for pretty cheap. My daughter likes the firm ones to
eat fresh, and those that go soft get chopped up and frozen for later
use. Once I collect enough, I'll thaw them, and the bag of frozen
strawberries from last year, for jam. Everyone likes my Strawberry
Kiwi Jam :)

Kathi, hibernating still

NT 24-04-2012 06:22 PM

Snow and Kiwi fruit

On Apr 24, 6:11*pm, Kathi > wrote:
> Can you believe that Mother Nature has delivered snow to my part of
> Ontario this week? *Nutts!! *Followed by lots of cold cold rain and
> wet slushy stuff. *Ick.
>
> Kiwi fruit must be in season somewhere, because I can pick up 2 kg
> baskets of them for pretty cheap. *My daughter likes the firm ones to
> eat fresh, and those that go soft get chopped up and frozen for later
> use. *Once I collect enough, I'll thaw them, and the bag of frozen
> strawberries from last year, for jam. *Everyone likes my Strawberry
> Kiwi Jam :)
>
> Kathi, hibernating still

Mix kiwi with bramley apple 50/50 and put it in a pie. Yum!

NT