FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   last few days (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/393862-last-few-days.html)

ellen wickberg 12-02-2010 10:18 PM

last few days

I don't know if there have been postings since 2/8, but I am not getting
them. Ellen

George Shirley 12-02-2010 10:28 PM

last few days

ellen wickberg wrote:
> I don't know if there have been postings since 2/8, but I am not getting
> them. Ellen

Even down here in the souf' we're huddled up around the far. Moderate
snow all night and most of the day within a two hour drive north of us
and Miz Anne just reported that there was a light drifting of snow
coming down here in USDA Zone 9b just a little while ago.

Tilly and I have been huddled under a blanket most of the day and we're
both wearing sweaters.

OB: food preserving, took a bag of home grown frozen green beans out of
the freezer this morning for dinner tomorrow. Put the rest of the smoked
pork roast up in vac bags today also, six bags full, two them chopped
and ready for sandwiches.

I also have a container of homemade turkey soup stock with meat thawing
for tomorrow and a pound of sockeye salmon thawing for other uses this
weekend. Salmon thanks to friends in the PNW.

Kathi Jones[_2_] 13-02-2010 10:54 PM

last few days

"ellen wickberg" > wrote in message
>I don't know if there have been postings since 2/8, but I am not getting
>them. Ellen

nope - not much going on.

I've been thinking I should check the freezer to see what I've "put away for
later"...I know there's pomegranate juice, wild blueberry juice, kiwi fruit
and strawberries in there...wonder what else I can find?

Kathi

Melba's Jammin' 18-02-2010 03:51 PM

last few days

In article >,
"Kathi Jones" > wrote:
> I've been thinking I should check the freezer to see what I've "put away for
> later"...I know there's pomegranate juice, wild blueberry juice, kiwi fruit
> and strawberries in there...wonder what else I can find?
>
> Kathi

I have peaches and scads of berries.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Brian Mailman[_1_] 19-02-2010 05:51 AM

last few days

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Kathi Jones" > wrote:
>> I've been thinking I should check the freezer to see what I've "put away for
>> later"...I know there's pomegranate juice, wild blueberry juice, kiwi fruit
>> and strawberries in there...wonder what else I can find?
>>
>> Kathi

> I have peaches and scads of berries.

I have about 5 2-3lb b**ts (they may take over LA) and what seems to be
a crate of broccoli.

Today I experimented with Mark Bittman's process for duck confit, I'm
doing a "Provencal" dinner at the end of the month. I doubled the cure,
and let it sit for 2 days + (shouldn't have, confit seems to be quite
salty, even though I rinsed it off). I put it in the oven at 300F, not
325 and gave it 3 hours covered, 90 minutes uncovered. Looks nice, but
as I said, tastes rather salty. I think all the fat did not render away
so I might give it another hour, covered, in the morning.

B/