FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   What is so great about a Weck canner? (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/114102-what-so-great-about.html)

[email protected] 19-01-2007 06:24 PM

What is so great about a Weck canner?

My wife took a canning class, and I saw how hard she worked over the
summer canning peaches. So I bought her a Weck canner.

Now that we have it, I have a question. What is so great about a Weck
canner? My wife tells me that you can do the same thing with a stockpot
and a thermometer. We haven't used the Weck yet, and I'm wondering if
it's worth all the money.

PS. I just discovered that they're not Wecks anymore. The Weck company
stopped making them, so now they're manufactured by a Belgian company.

SB