Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Thank you so much for great recipe - Cabbage salad

Hello group,
Thank you so much for great recipe, dear Sonoran Dude.
I love very much vegetables and tried the cabbage salad,
it is really very tasty and healthy.

Cabbage salad:

1/2 head green cabbage
1 fresh jalapeno pepper
2 tbl spoons sugar
2 tbl spoons of vinegar
season to taste w/seasoned salt

shred 1/2 head of green cabbage
seed and de-vane one large fresh jalapeno pepper and chop to tiny bits
1/8" or
smaller
In a microwave safe bowl combine sugar and vinegar and microwave for 2
minutes or until sugar is melted into vinegar
Toss all ingredients in bowl season to taste and serve chilled.

Natalia.

Download cook ebooks, all in ENGLISH and Free!
Get 1000 Healthy Recipes with photos.
http://recipe.atspace.com/

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

pskov_recipe wrote:

> shred 1/2 head of green cabbage
> seed and de-vane one large fresh jalapeno pepper and chop to tiny bits
> 1/8" or
> smaller
> In a microwave safe bowl combine sugar and vinegar and microwave for 2
> minutes or until sugar is melted into vinegar
> Toss all ingredients in bowl season to taste and serve chilled.

Thanks for sharing the microwave tip. I've never made it that way.

My aunt showed me how to make "wilted lettuce" in a frying pan. She
would take a lettuce leaf, dip it in sugar and vinegar and then fry it
in bacon grease. When the lettuce wilted, it was ready to eat right out
of the frying pan. My aunt would stand by the stove, wilting lettuce,
but she only shared one piece with me, she ate the rest herself. ;-(