Sonoran Dude

Default Chili Rellenos with garlic (lots of it)

Any one have a handle on the chili rellenos that they make at Rosa's
here in Tucson? I have searched the southwest for great chili rellenos
and this one is my new all time favorite.

The garlic is unbelievable! anyone have a recipe? I can't figure out how
they do it because the garlic must be mixed in the batter or chopped
very thin in the cheese. Could they be using some oil?

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:31:50 -0700, Sonoran Dude
> wrote:

>Any one have a handle on the chili rellenos that they make at Rosa's
>here in Tucson? I have searched the southwest for great chili rellenos
>and this one is my new all time favorite.
>
>The garlic is unbelievable! anyone have a recipe? I can't figure out how
>they do it because the garlic must be mixed in the batter or chopped
>very thin in the cheese. Could they be using some oil?

Have you tried asking them? Worst case, they won't tell you.

jim

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:31:50 -0700, Sonoran Dude
> wrote:

>Any one have a handle on the chili rellenos that they make at Rosa's
>here in Tucson? I have searched the southwest for great chili rellenos
>and this one is my new all time favorite.
>
>The garlic is unbelievable! anyone have a recipe? I can't figure out how
>they do it because the garlic must be mixed in the batter or chopped
>very thin in the cheese. Could they be using some oil?

BTW, next time you eat one, cut it open than then sample a small bit
of the cheese mixture with a spoon and then a bit of the batter. YOur
tongue should tell you where the garlic is.

jim