Member

Default Pan Dulce

Mexican Sweet Bread
I've searched Google etc. for hours, and I've found tons of recipes (maybe 50 or 60) for Conchas (or shells), and a few for Marranitos, cochintos or puerquitos (little pig, gingerbread pig), a couple for Polvorón (powdery cookie), OR Polvoron/Polvorones (Mexican Wedding Cookies), OR Polvorones (Mexican Shortbread Cookies) but that's about it.

When I go to a panaderia I find at least 20 to 30 different kinds/shapes of pan dulce, but no luck shearching the internet, other than above.
Actually I've only found two pictures of the the ones shaped like giant pretzels with large granules of sugar on them, no recipe.

I've even found video how to make the two color horns on you-tube, (but not the recipe).

No exageration, I'll bet I've shearched for over 20 hours total, I've even tried shearching in Spanish and tried translating, (not very good at it).

I've found a couple of places that say the panaderias hold the recipes as secret.

It's odd, one can find most anything on the internet, but not how to make pan dulce, including the recipes.

I've been eating these things all my life, love them, I'd really like to try and make some.....other than Conchas.

Agua Dulce [email protected] Wine 9 19-10-2007 04:05 PM
Tamales Dulce sf General Cooking 0 21-05-2006 03:15 AM
Dulce de Leche Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-08-2005 01:52 PM
Pan Dulce tank Mexican Cooking 4 10-03-2005 08:25 PM