FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Adventures in Mexican cooking by Ortho (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/170543-adventures-mexican-cooking-ortho.html)

mack the knife 06-04-2009 09:11 PM

Adventures in Mexican cooking by Ortho

Does anyone have this cookbook? Mine was lost during moving and I need a
recipe. I would appreciate it if someone could pass on a recipe for me.
Thank you.

Rich[_7_] 12-04-2009 01:54 AM

mack the knife wrote:
> Does anyone have this cookbook? Mine was lost during moving and I need a
> recipe. I would appreciate it if someone could pass on a recipe for me.
> Thank you.

Adventures in Mexican Cooking, Ortho Books, a Chevron Chemical Company.

I have a copy. Despite the unusual company affiliation for a cookbook,
I consider it a fairly reliable source of authentic Mexican recipe and
preparation methods. It was published in 1978 and I'd guess copyright
protection might still apply. Send me a valid email address along with
your recipe request and I'll reply via personal email.

Rich

Mike[_2_] 14-04-2009 09:12 AM

"Rich" > wrote in message
> mack the knife wrote:
>> Does anyone have this cookbook? Mine was lost during moving and I need a
>> recipe. I would appreciate it if someone could pass on a recipe for me.
>> Thank you.

> Adventures in Mexican Cooking, Ortho Books, a Chevron Chemical Company.
>
> I have a copy. Despite the unusual company affiliation for a cookbook, I
> consider it a fairly reliable source of authentic Mexican recipe and
> preparation methods. It was published in 1978 and I'd guess copyright
> protection might still apply. Send me a valid email address along with
> your recipe request and I'll reply via personal email.
>
> Rich

Damn I would big time want that cookbook! even if you weren't pulling my
leg

Rich[_7_] 14-04-2009 08:44 PM

Mike wrote:
> "Rich" > wrote in message
>> mack the knife wrote:
>>> Does anyone have this cookbook? Mine was lost during moving and I need a
>>> recipe. I would appreciate it if someone could pass on a recipe for me.
>>> Thank you.

>> Adventures in Mexican Cooking, Ortho Books, a Chevron Chemical Company.
>>
>> I have a copy. Despite the unusual company affiliation for a cookbook, I
>> consider it a fairly reliable source of authentic Mexican recipe and
>> preparation methods. It was published in 1978 and I'd guess copyright
>> protection might still apply. Send me a valid email address along with
>> your recipe request and I'll reply via personal email.
>>
>> Rich

> Damn I would big time want that cookbook! even if you weren't pulling my
> leg

My copy isn't for sale, but I've seen copies for sale on amazon.com.
Google it.

Rich