Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Glazed apricot ginger habanero chicken

Glazed apricot ginger habanero chicken

Categories: Poultry
Yield: 4 servings

4
Boned,skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)

¼
cup
Broken walnuts, pecans or almonds

2
tablespoon
Margarine or butter

Salt and black pepper

?
cup
Apricot or peach preserves

1
tablespoon
Vinegar

¼
teaspoon
Ground ginger

Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a large skillet, cook chicken and nuts in
margarine over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender,
turning occasionally. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, reserving
juices in skillet. Season chicken breasts, lightly, with salt and black
pepper; keep warm. For glaze, stir preserves, vinegar and ginger into juices
in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until
mixture is heated through. Spoon glaze over chicken breasts. Makes 4
servings.

Apricot habanero glaze

Categories: Sauce
Yield: 4 Servings

1
small
Dried Habanero (we'll only use a very small piece)

½
teaspoon
Salt

1
tablespoon
Butter (optional)

1 ½
tablespoon
Dark brown sugar

12
Golden raisins; chopped up

3
tablespoon
Apricot preserves

1
teaspoon
White wine vinegar or lemon juice

Mike McNally > In a good-sized skillet heat about a half-cup
water over medium heat until it begins steaming. Carefully cut small slices
from the dried habanero and chop those finely to accumulate about 1/2 tsp or
so of flakes, adjusting to your taste and heat tolerance. (You might want to
wear rubber gloves when touching the pepper; at least be careful and don't
touch your eyes until your hands have been thoroughly washed.) Add the
pepper flakes with the salt and butter to the water and allow the flakes to
soften and the butter to melt. Add the brown sugar (stir to dissolve) and
raisins. When the water is simmering, add the apricot preserves. Cut up any
large pieces of apricot in the pan, and make sure all the gelatinous matter
is dissolved. Add the vinegar a little at a time, being careful not to make
the mixture at all sour; the vinegar should just brighten up the taste.
Allow the glaze to simmer. As it thickens, water can be added a bit at a
time to keep the glaze from scorching; it should be allowed to darken a bit.
Coat grilled chops or meat slices with the glaze by simmering the meats with
the glaze for a couple minutes on each side. Spread a teaspoon or so on each
serving plate and arrange meats on top. Little mint sprigs and curls of
orange peel could be used to give a truly foofy appearance, if you like that
kinda thing. CHILE-HEADS ARCHIVES From the Chile-Heads recipe list.
Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
~ ~ is offline

On Mar 6, 12:13�pm, "Gunner" > wrote:

> Mike McNally > (snip) Little mint sprigs and curls of
> orange peel could be used to give a truly foofy appearance, if you like that
> kinda thing.

"Frou frou" in Spanish is "frufru"...

Where's Wayne, now that we need a recipe for throbbing human heart,
torn from a living sacrificial victim by a priest wielding an obsidian
dagger?