Just News

Default Agua de orchata ANYONE?

Hi, does anyone know the recipe for agua de orchata?

Shelora

Hi,
Its a wonderful refreshing beverage and you can probably find a
gazillion recipes for it on the internet.
It is spelled, Horchata.
Buen Provecho.

> Hi, does anyone know the recipe for agua de orchata?

Tambor

Horchata is made of chufas and in my country, Spain, is sold as a
sweet summer refresh. Chufas are not on sale.

Regards

Tambor

"Shelora" > escribió en el mensaje
om...
> Hi,
> Its a wonderful refreshing beverage and you can probably find a
> gazillion recipes for it on the internet.
> It is spelled, Horchata.
> Buen Provecho.
>
> "Just News" > wrote in message

>.. .
> > Hi, does anyone know the recipe for agua de orchata?

Puester

Just News wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know the recipe for agua de orchata?

I googled "Horchata recipes" and got a load of them. This
looked basic:

Horchata (Rice Cooler)
Yield: 1 quart

1 c Uncooked rice
4 1/2 c Warm water
3/4 c Sugar
1 ts Vanilla extract

Place rice in a large bowl. Pour warm water over rice. Set aside and
soak six hours or overnight.

Pour into blender jar; process until smooth. Strain mixture through a
fine mesh sieve. Return to blender, process again. Strain mixture into
pitcher through a clean dampened
dish towel or cheese cloth. Rinse blender, return mixture to blender;
add sugar and vanilla. Process until combined. Refrigerate until
chilled. Serve over cracked ice.

Variations:
Chocolate -- Add 2 ounces grated Mexican chocolate to rice. Continue
as directed above.

Strawberry -- Prepare as directed above, adding 1 package (10 ounces)
frozen strawberries with the sugar and vanilla. Continue as directed.

Cinnamon -- Add 2 (4-inch) cinnamon sticks to rice. After soaking
remove cinnamon sticks and discard. Continue as directed above.

Source: Viva Arroz! Reprinted with permission from USA Rice Council
Electronic format courtesy of Karen Mintzias

Agua de Jamaica koko General Cooking 5 31-10-2009 01:35 AM
Agua Dulce [email protected] Wine 9 19-10-2007 04:05 PM
Agua JoeSpareBedroom General Cooking 107 22-10-2006 05:34 AM
Horchata (Orchata) RicoCF Recipes (moderated) 0 21-11-2004 01:23 PM