Steve \Marlin Boy\ Bartman

Default What exactly is BOO-Chay

I'm not sure how to spell it, nor do I know exactly what it is........

This is part of the hog that is prepared when making carnitas.

I was told it is an organ (what organ).

It sure looked like giant orejas (ears)

Golden brown skin on two sides with some white cartiledge looking texture in
between.

Thx!

Jim Lane

Steve "Marlin Boy" Bartman wrote:
> I'm not sure how to spell it, nor do I know exactly what it is........
>
> This is part of the hog that is prepared when making carnitas.
>
> I was told it is an organ (what organ).
>
> It sure looked like giant orejas (ears)
>
> Golden brown skin on two sides with some white cartiledge looking texture in
> between.
>
> Thx!

buche - belly meat / gut

jim

Jim Lane

Roving Mouse wrote:
> Jim Lane > wrote in
> :
>

>>buche - belly meat / gut
>>

>>jim
>>
>> Is that the same stuff that's in Bizcocho? (not sure of spelling..)

> Matt

Bizcocho, as far as I know, is a buscuit or cake.

jim

Mark Preston

<snip>

buche
(Spanish)

bu·che
m.
1. (ORNITHOLOGY) - crop, craw
2. (ZOOLOGY) - maw
3. (porción) - mouthful, swallow
4. (pliegue) - sag, pucker
5. (estómago) - belly, gut
6. (pecho) - chest, bosom

buche, as Leo used to buy it for Restaurante El Norteno was the how
maw. Maw, albeit a zoological term above, is the word of commerce for
it as well. At least in New Mexico.
Jim Lane

Mark Preston wrote:
> <snip>
>
> buche
> (Spanish)
>
> bu·che
> m.
> 1. (ORNITHOLOGY) - crop, craw
> 2. (ZOOLOGY) - maw
> 3. (porción) - mouthful, swallow
> 4. (pliegue) - sag, pucker
> 5. (estómago) - belly, gut
> 6. (pecho) - chest, bosom
>
> buche, as Leo used to buy it for Restaurante El Norteno was the how
> maw. Maw, albeit a zoological term above, is the word of commerce for
> it as well. At least in New Mexico.

Mine shows crop and maw also, but then shows guts or belly and the
phrase llenar el buche - to fill one's belly. I may have pulled the
wrong part. Mea culpa.

jim

Jim Lane

Mark Preston wrote:

> <snip>
>
> buche
> (Spanish)
>
> bu·che
> m.
> 1. (ORNITHOLOGY) - crop, craw
> 2. (ZOOLOGY) - maw
> 3. (porción) - mouthful, swallow
> 4. (pliegue) - sag, pucker
> 5. (estómago) - belly, gut
> 6. (pecho) - chest, bosom
>
> buche, as Leo used to buy it for Restaurante El Norteno was the how
> maw. Maw, albeit a zoological term above, is the word of commerce for
> it as well. At least in New Mexico.

BTW, maw is stomach so belly meat may also fit. I could not find a
translation for that term to compare.

jim

Mark Preston

> Mark Preston wrote: <snip>

Ouch!! I hate when I snip myself.

Exactly buche?

http://www.usmef.org/IMM/imm_pork/7_...iety_meats.pdf

says it's the stomach. Say it in English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese
and Spanish.

The National Pork Producers Council website, has in internal search
window (how I hate the computer term 'window'). It returns a "no
results" when searched for the word "MAW".

I'm still working on it.
Jim Lane

Mark Preston wrote:
>>Mark Preston wrote: <snip>

> Ouch!! I hate when I snip myself.
>
> Exactly buche?
>
> http://www.usmef.org/IMM/imm_pork/7_...iety_meats.pdf
>
> says it's the stomach. Say it in English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese
> and Spanish.
>
> The National Pork Producers Council website, has in internal search
> window (how I hate the computer term 'window'). It returns a "no
> results" when searched for the word "MAW".
>
> I'm still working on it.

Great find. A search of this PDF on "buche" returns no hits. Likewise
for the NPPC site. ??? This is becomming intersting.

Bablefish gives "crop."
Intertran gives "craw" or "goiter."
. . .

jim