FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Garlic and Chipotle Mashed Potatoes (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/14152-garlic-chipotle-mashed-potatoes.html)

A1 WBarfieldsr 30-10-2003 06:36 PM

Garlic and Chipotle Mashed Potatoes

6 large baking potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cubed
2 large canned chipotle chiles, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup warm milk
3 cloves garlic, crushed through a press
3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, chipotles, and water to
cover, and cook covered, until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
With a slotted spoon remove the potatoes from the liquid, discarding the
chipotle pieces.

2. Pass the potatoes through a ricer into a bowl and stir in the milk and
garlic. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a
serving dish and serve.

Serves 6

--
William Barfieldsr

Dimitri 30-10-2003 08:41 PM

Garlic and Chipotle Mashed Potatoes

Don't you just LOVE Google?
http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/corby/fiesta.htm

Dimitri

Jim Lane 31-10-2003 03:45 AM

Dimitri wrote:

> Don't you just LOVE Google?
> http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/corby/fiesta.htm
>
> Dimitri
>

> "A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message
>
>>Garlic and Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
>>
>>6 large baking potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cubed
>>2 large canned chipotle chiles, seeded and chopped
>>1/3 cup warm milk
>> 3 cloves garlic, crushed through a press
>>3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
>>Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
>>
>>1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, chipotles, and water to
>>cover, and cook covered, until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
>>With a slotted spoon remove the potatoes from the liquid, discarding the
>>chipotle pieces.
>>
>>2. Pass the potatoes through a ricer into a bowl and stir in the milk and
>>garlic. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a
>>serving dish and serve.
>>
>>Serves 6
>>
>>--
>>William Barfieldsr

I ques we can add plagerist to the list of A1's shortcomings, as though
he needed any more than he already has.

And then he lies to us saying he can't remember where he got them from.

jim

Dimitri 31-10-2003 09:07 PM

Garlic and Chipotle Mashed Potatoes

"Jim Lane" > wrote in message

<snip>

> I ques we can add plagerist to the list of A1's shortcomings, as though
> he needed any more than he already has.
>
> And then he lies to us saying he can't remember where he got them from.
>

> jim

In New York we'd have changed his name to scumbag. Excuse me, lying sack of
shit or scumbag.

Dimitri

Jim Lane 01-11-2003 12:36 AM

Dimitri wrote:

> "Jim Lane" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>>I ques we can add plagerist to the list of A1's shortcomings, as though
>>he needed any more than he already has.
>>
>>And then he lies to us saying he can't remember where he got them from.
>>

>>jim

> In New York we'd have changed his name to scumbag. Excuse me, lying sack of
> shit or scumbag.
>

> Dimitri

Why are you denigrating those folks by including his likes with them?

jim

Jack Sloan 04-11-2003 05:03 PM

"Jim Lane" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>
> > "Jim Lane" > wrote in message
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >>I ques we can add plagerist to the list of A1's shortcomings, as though
> >>he needed any more than he already has.
> >>
> >>And then he lies to us saying he can't remember where he got them from.
> >>

> >>jim

> > In New York we'd have changed his name to scumbag. Excuse me, lying sack

of
> > shit or scumbag.
> >

> > Dimitri
> >

> Why are you denigrating those folks by including his likes with them?
>

> jim

A1, I'm beginnin' to get the feelin' these guys don't like you very much.
Jack

Jim Lane 04-11-2003 09:20 PM

Jack Sloan wrote:

> "Jim Lane" > wrote in message
>
>>Dimitri wrote:
>>

>>>"Jim Lane" > wrote in message
>>>
>>><snip>

>>>In New York we'd have changed his name to scumbag. Excuse me, lying sack

> of
>
>>>shit or scumbag.
>>>

>>>Dimitri
>>>

>>Why are you denigrating those folks by including his likes with them?
>>

>>jim

> A1, I'm beginnin' to get the feelin' these guys don't like you very much.
> Jack

He reaps what he sows.

jim