Wayne Lundberg

Default Managing your leftovers

A most important part of Mexican, Mexican cooking, is managing the order in
which dinners are prepared then delivered over time. Since refrigeration is
a very new aspect of the kitchen - and in someplaces still absent - Mexican
chefs have developed a logical sequence of events. For example, beans are
boiled the first day and served as a soup - frijol de oya - then they are
left to the night where fermentation begins to take place unless left on the
'comal' over dying embers. The next day they are served on the main dish,
next to the rice or whatever. Lastly, the third day, they are fried or
refried and again served on the main dish or as a dip for fried tortillas -
sometimes with salsa added, sometimes with cheese - or just plain finely
diced onion.

So... what about other meals? Does the same thing apply?

Last night I made an invention - call it a chile relleno enchilada. I still
have not mastered the art of having the egg batter stay on the chile pod and
love chile relleno! So I burned off the skin, soaked the chile poblanos in a
towel, removed the skin and seeds, then sliced them lengthwise much as you
would to with rajas. I made the enchilada sauce, deep fried the corn
tortillas 7 seconds and set them aside. Filled the tortillas and rolled
them, put them in a pan for the oven, drowned them in red salsa, sprinkled
parmesano on top and put in the oven. It was finger-licking good for the
whole family.

Today, the leftover enchiladas will go into a sandwich made with Mexican
bolillos. Unheard of? Let me tell you... one of the greatest of all culinary
inventions of the century. I learned it in Mexico back in 1960 and have used
it every time I get a chance. If you are lucky enough to have some leftover
beans, then add a scoop or two to the bread. Wonderful!!!

Wayne
have some fun, visit my son's site: www.modelsailcars.com

A1 WBarfieldsr

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> A most important part of Mexican, Mexican cooking, is managing the order

in
> which dinners are prepared then delivered over time. Since refrigeration

is
> a very new aspect of the kitchen - and in someplaces still absent -

Mexican
> chefs have developed a logical sequence of events.

What time frame are you living in or referring to. Bring these people in
out of the jungle and introduce them to electricity, and at least tell
them we have had refrigeration since the late 1920s and early 1930s. There
are even inventions called air conditioning, and radios. I don't know how
you will ever explain an automobil, and a food processor would be totally
out of the question. I guess they are still cooking over open fires on the
ground or maybe they are using the up todate kerosene stoves with the
bottles of kerosene at the end of them. Probably very few, if any, have
been educated about natural gas stoves yet either. The best one of all is,
how are they going to read your example, if they don't know what a computer
is. You make it sound as though Mexico is a Third World illiterate country,
instead of the throbing metropolis with all the big business and
corporations.

For example, beans are boiled the first day and served as a soup - frijol
de oya -
then they are left to the night where fermentation begins to take place
unless left on the
> 'comal' over dying embers. The next day they are served on the main dish,
> next to the rice or whatever. Lastly, the third day, they are fried or
> refried and again served on the main dish or as a dip for fried

tortillas -
> sometimes with salsa added, sometimes with cheese - or just plain finely

diced onion.

Maybe if they wouldn't have made such a big pot of beans to start with,
they could have had beans and rice the first day and something different
the next day. BTY, how did they keep their milk and cheese fresh as well as
the meat and fish, unless they drink warm fresh milk from that mornings
milking and smoked or dried meat and fish, I don't know about the cheese.

> So... what about other meals? Does the same thing apply?

LMAO !!
> --

William Barfieldsr

> Last night I made an invention - call it a chile relleno enchilada. I

still
> have not mastered the art of having the egg batter stay on the chile pod

and
> love chile relleno! So I burned off the skin, soaked the chile poblanos

in a
> towel, removed the skin and seeds, then sliced them lengthwise much as

you
> would to with rajas. I made the enchilada sauce, deep fried the corn
> tortillas 7 seconds and set them aside. Filled the tortillas and rolled
> them, put them in a pan for the oven, drowned them in red salsa,

sprinkled
> parmesano on top and put in the oven. It was finger-licking good for the
> whole family.
>
> Today, the leftover enchiladas will go into a sandwich made with Mexican
> bolillos. Unheard of? Let me tell you... one of the greatest of all

culinary
> inventions of the century. I learned it in Mexico back in 1960 and have

used
> it every time I get a chance. If you are lucky enough to have some

leftover
> beans, then add a scoop or two to the bread. Wonderful!!!
>
> Wayne
> have some fun, visit my son's site: www.modelsailcars.com

Frogleg

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:41:40 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> wrote:

>"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote

>> A most important part of Mexican, Mexican cooking, is managing the order

>in
>> which dinners are prepared then delivered over time. Since refrigeration

>is
>> a very new aspect of the kitchen - and in someplaces still absent -

>Mexican
>> chefs have developed a logical sequence of events.

>What time frame are you living in or referring to. Bring these people in
>out of the jungle and introduce them to electricity, and at least tell
>them we have had refrigeration since the late 1920s and early 1930s.

<snip>

There are many areas of the world where electricity is absent or, even
in large cities, sporadic even today. 99.99% of human history passed
before the 1930s and people still cooked and ate a variety of foods,
'though not frozen m'wave dinners. I'm not sure how I'd take to
'fermented' beans (although fermented soy beans are common in Asian
cuisine), but I think Wayne's information was quite interesting. As a
recent power outage showed, one *can* live without m'wave or freezer,
and quite nicely, too.
A1 WBarfieldsr

"Frogleg" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:41:40 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote

> >> A most important part of Mexican, Mexican cooking, is managing the

order
> >in
> >> which dinners are prepared then delivered over time. Since

refrigeration
> >is
> >> a very new aspect of the kitchen - and in someplaces still absent -

> >Mexican
> >> chefs have developed a logical sequence of events.

> >What time frame are you living in or referring to. Bring these people in
> >out of the jungle and introduce them to electricity, and at least tell
> >them we have had refrigeration since the late 1920s and early 1930s.

> <snip>
>
> There are many areas of the world where electricity is absent or, even
> in large cities, sporadic even today. 99.99% of human history passed
> before the 1930s and people still cooked and ate a variety of foods,
> 'though not frozen m'wave dinners. I'm not sure how I'd take to
> 'fermented' beans (although fermented soy beans are common in Asian
> cuisine), but I think Wayne's information was quite interesting. As a
> recent power outage showed, one *can* live without m'wave or freezer,
> and quite nicely, too.

I to remember when I used a slide rule instead of a calculator, and a
computer was the size of a room. Progress has speeded up quicker and
quicker every year since the 1930s. Research is now being conducted on
Bio-Computers to be implanted directly into your brain and electric motors
the size of a molecule. That is happening right NOW, not in the future.
Don't you think it should and would be expected that the majority of the
people had refrigerators in a modern civilized country like Mexico.
I didn't say there weren't tribes in backward countries existing without
electricity. I was referring to Mexico and It' millions of modern day type
of living, you know Wal-Mart, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and many more not
mentioned. I think you will find most Mexican people have refrigeration and
modern stoves. I would certainly think the chefs of Mexico does. What he is
describing, is what I would expect around the turn of the last century,
where most got around on donkeys or by horse. Where people didn't think
anything about brushing the blow flies away and buying meat from a butcher
doing business in an open air market. I think there has been some progress
since those days, or I hope so, with meat and vegetable exportation to
other countries.
I think it was an interesting post about how Mexican people lived in the
past, but not for modern day Mexico,
--
William Barfieldsr

Jim Lane

A1 WBarfieldsr wrote:

> "Frogleg" > wrote in message
>
>>On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:41:40 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> wrote:
>>

>>>"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote

> order
>
>>>in

> refrigeration
>
>>>is

>>>Mexican

>>>What time frame are you living in or referring to. Bring these people in
>>>out of the jungle and introduce them to electricity, and at least tell
>>>them we have had refrigeration since the late 1920s and early 1930s.

>><snip>
>>
>>There are many areas of the world where electricity is absent or, even
>>in large cities, sporadic even today. 99.99% of human history passed
>>before the 1930s and people still cooked and ate a variety of foods,
>>'though not frozen m'wave dinners. I'm not sure how I'd take to
>>'fermented' beans (although fermented soy beans are common in Asian
>>cuisine), but I think Wayne's information was quite interesting. As a
>>recent power outage showed, one *can* live without m'wave or freezer,
>>and quite nicely, too.

> I to remember when I used a slide rule instead of a calculator, and a
> computer was the size of a room. Progress has speeded up quicker and
> quicker every year since the 1930s. Research is now being conducted on
> Bio-Computers to be implanted directly into your brain and electric motors
> the size of a molecule. That is happening right NOW, not in the future.
> Don't you think it should and would be expected that the majority of the
> people had refrigerators in a modern civilized country like Mexico.
> I didn't say there weren't tribes in backward countries existing without
> electricity. I was referring to Mexico and It' millions of modern day type
> of living, you know Wal-Mart, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and many more not
> mentioned. I think you will find most Mexican people have refrigeration and
> modern stoves. I would certainly think the chefs of Mexico does. What he is
> describing, is what I would expect around the turn of the last century,
> where most got around on donkeys or by horse. Where people didn't think
> anything about brushing the blow flies away and buying meat from a butcher
> doing business in an open air market. I think there has been some progress
> since those days, or I hope so, with meat and vegetable exportation to
> other countries.
> I think it was an interesting post about how Mexican people lived in the
> past, but not for modern day Mexico,

Your ignorance is astounding. Perhaps you should cease thinking as it
has proven to most erroneous on many occasions. Better to be quiet than
remove all doubt of your foolishness, nay, blatant stupidity, A-1.

jim

Douglas S. Ladden

A1 WBarfieldsr on 18 Oct 2003 suggested:

[SNIP]
> I to remember when I used a slide rule instead of a calculator, and a
> computer was the size of a room. Progress has speeded up quicker and
> quicker every year since the 1930s. Research is now being conducted
> on Bio-Computers to be implanted directly into your brain and
> electric motors the size of a molecule. That is happening right NOW,
> not in the future. Don't you think it should and would be expected
> that the majority of the people had refrigerators in a modern
> civilized country like Mexico. I didn't say there weren't tribes in
> backward countries existing without electricity. I was referring to
> Mexico and It' millions of modern day type of living, you know
> Wal-Mart, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and many more not mentioned. I think
> you will find most Mexican people have refrigeration and modern
> stoves. I would certainly think the chefs of Mexico does. What he is
> describing, is what I would expect around the turn of the last
> century, where most got around on donkeys or by horse. Where people
> didn't think anything about brushing the blow flies away and buying
> meat from a butcher doing business in an open air market. I think
> there has been some progress since those days, or I hope so, with
> meat and vegetable exportation to other countries.
> I think it was an interesting post about how Mexican people lived in
> the past, but not for modern day Mexico,

Your ignorance and ethnocentricity is very clearly showing in all
its blazing glory. Tell me, A1, how do you define "most"? Then explain
to me how people who have to live on a minimum wage of about USD $5.00
per day are able to afford a refrigerator that may cost USD $500.00,
while simultaneously paying for rent, food, clothing, water,
transportation, and other basic costs of living.

Sure the amenities exist in Mexico, but the vast majority of the
populace in Mexico can not afford them. In fact, most people do in fact
go to the market to get fresh produce, meat, cheese, and milk, when they
need it. Some of these markets are open air, and some are in
established covered buildings, and then there are grocery stores. This
is true even in major Metropolitan cities.

Anytime you want to see the real Mexico, let me know. I'll be
happy to take you on a guided tour of both the metropolitan Mexico, and
the Mexico the vast majority of the populace have to live in. Of
course, you would have to pay all expenses for your education.

--Douglas
Misschef

Uhhhh, A-1??? Have you BEEN to Mexico recently? No, not a nice hotel in a
big city where tourists can get all kinds of international foods, but where
the majority of the Mexican people live, work and eat. They shop in
wonderful outdoor markets and buy farm fresh produce and cheap, but useful
items...... like pig's heads. In my experience there I can't say that I have
seen a lot of modern refrigerators and stoves outside of hotels, restaurants
and the homes of the more affluent. As a matter of fact, the best Mexican
food I've had the pleasure and great joy of consuming have come from
outdoor, open fires and street vendors. I am personally thankful that the
majority of Mexico still shops and cooks that way. But, if you prefer the
big hotels and such, that's your choice.
misschef

<snip>

"A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message
news

> I to remember when I used a slide rule instead of a calculator, and a
> computer was the size of a room. Progress has speeded up quicker and
> quicker every year since the 1930s. Research is now being conducted on
> Bio-Computers to be implanted directly into your brain and electric
motors
> the size of a molecule. That is happening right NOW, not in the future.
> Don't you think it should and would be expected that the majority of the
> people had refrigerators in a modern civilized country like Mexico.
> I didn't say there weren't tribes in backward countries existing without
> electricity. I was referring to Mexico and It' millions of modern day type
> of living, you know Wal-Mart, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and many more not
> mentioned. I think you will find most Mexican people have refrigeration

and
> modern stoves. I would certainly think the chefs of Mexico does. What he

is
> describing, is what I would expect around the turn of the last century,
> where most got around on donkeys or by horse. Where people didn't think
> anything about brushing the blow flies away and buying meat from a butcher
> doing business in an open air market. I think there has been some progress
> since those days, or I hope so, with meat and vegetable exportation to
> other countries.
> I think it was an interesting post about how Mexican people lived in the
> past, but not for modern day Mexico,
> --
> William Barfieldsr

A1 WBarfieldsr

"Misschef" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Uhhhh, A-1??? Have you BEEN to Mexico recently? No, not a nice hotel in

> big city where tourists can get all kinds of international foods, but

where
> the majority of the Mexican people live, work and eat. They shop in
> wonderful outdoor markets and buy farm fresh produce and cheap, but

useful
> items...... like pig's heads. In my experience there I can't say that I

have
> seen a lot of modern refrigerators and stoves outside of hotels,

restaurants
> and the homes of the more affluent. As a matter of fact, the best Mexican
> food I've had the pleasure and great joy of consuming have come from
> outdoor, open fires and street vendors. I am personally thankful that the
> majority of Mexico still shops and cooks that way. But, if you prefer the
> big hotels and such, that's your choice.
> misschef

I believe it wasn't to long ago that I was flamed because I said the big
Industry hadn't moved to Mexico. I agreed more business was there because
of the free trade agreement. I was told about the vast agriculture
business. I even read Mexico was moving ahead of China in the textile
business. How Mexico had it's own auto manufacturing business. Now with all
that business and industry, why do you say the Majority of the Working
People are living in squallier, with out enough money to purchase a cheat
refrigerator. Maybe they are the ones I was told wasn't a part of the money
system in Mexico. Who is educating the people on living standards in a
modern world. These are the people that are suppose to live in be the 2nd.
happiest country in the world, I guess ignorance is bliss. What happened to
that figure, 60 million millionaires, 60 million middle class and 6 million
poor that was shoved at me in an earlier post. You are right I haven't been
to Mexico in a number of years, and then it was business. We have others
going to Mexico and different parts of the world now and it is mainly on
business now also, so you are right again they do stay in the best hotels
and eat what ever they want. If the people you are talking about rebelled
against a government that kept them oppressed and in squallier they to
could have what the rest of the civilized world is enjoying and then some.
If they want to live like the rest of the world, let them get of their
butts and unite for a change in government, if the Poor don't mind living
like this then, I'm not going to feel bad because they are. Too Bad, Too
Sad, good bye.
--
William Barfieldsr

Misschef

I have resigned myself to the fact that you just don't get it and you just
don't want to, A1. I never said "the Majority of the Working people are
living in squalor". Quite the contrary, I have found most of the people
there to be extremely clean. If you are going to quote someone, be
accurate. If I was a Mexican, even a wealthy one, I would be offended not
only by your lack of understanding, but your complete and utter stubbornness
at even trying to understand the rich traditions of ALL the people of Mexico
and their cuisine. If ignorance is bliss, you must be very happy. I will
respond no further to your recipes or your unsubstantiated chatter.

misschef

"A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message
.. .

> [...]

> that figure, 60 million millionaires, 60 million middle class and 6

million
> poor that was shoved at me in an earlier post. You are right I haven't

been
> to Mexico in a number of years, and then it was business. We have others
> going to Mexico and different parts of the world now and it is mainly on
> business now also, so you are right again they do stay in the best hotels
> and eat what ever they want. If the people you are talking about rebelled
> against a government that kept them oppressed and in squallier they to
> could have what the rest of the civilized world is enjoying and then some.
> If they want to live like the rest of the world, let them get of their
> butts and unite for a change in government, if the Poor don't mind living
> like this then, I'm not going to feel bad because they are. Too Bad, Too

Wayne Lundberg

A1, you are one stubborn old goat. I said there were 20 million extremely
wealthy Mexicans who dominat the whole economoy and politics of the country
and any one of them could go to any airport in the world and order a Lear
Jet with crew and sexy stews and never ask how much. I also said that there
are 20 million on the bottom portion of the curve regarding money; but that
many of these 20 million do not work in a cash economy. They remain pretty
much agrarian and trade for what they need or use a minimum amount of cash.
Most of my recipes and food culture comes from these 20 million 'original'
Mexicans. You have really been an arrogant asshole in this newsgroup and I
don't understand why most of us have not just put you in the kill file. But
you come up with very interesting recipes which stimulate the imagination
and you do have innovative stuff. If only you could get off the ignorance of
the culture you percieve from a distance.

Come on down with me to a humble home anywhere in the interior of Mexico and
I will show you what I write about. Beans are made on Sunday after the
family has gone to market. They start to ferment that night and that is good
because it adds the right microbes to their tummys to fend off all kinds of
nasty other bugs. All the rest of what I write about is true and not
fiction. I lived it, loved and yearn for it when nostalgic.

Now, A1, learn to bend a little. Accept another culture and stop making
enemies when you're not really that bad a guy.

Wayne

For some fun in the wind see my son's innovation at www.modelsailcars.com -
Tacos served now and then.

Misschef

Thank you, Wayne. Well spoken, I applaud you.
misschef

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> A1, you are one stubborn old goat. I said there were 20 million extremely
> wealthy Mexicans who dominat the whole economoy and politics of the

country
> and any one of them could go to any airport in the world and order a Lear
> Jet with crew and sexy stews and never ask how much. I also said that

there
> are 20 million on the bottom portion of the curve regarding money; but

that
> many of these 20 million do not work in a cash economy. They remain pretty
> much agrarian and trade for what they need or use a minimum amount of

cash.
> Most of my recipes and food culture comes from these 20 million 'original'
> Mexicans. You have really been an arrogant asshole in this newsgroup and I
> don't understand why most of us have not just put you in the kill file.

But
> you come up with very interesting recipes which stimulate the imagination
> and you do have innovative stuff. If only you could get off the ignorance

of
> the culture you percieve from a distance.
>
> Come on down with me to a humble home anywhere in the interior of Mexico

and
> I will show you what I write about. Beans are made on Sunday after the
> family has gone to market. They start to ferment that night and that is

good
> because it adds the right microbes to their tummys to fend off all kinds

of
> nasty other bugs. All the rest of what I write about is true and not
> fiction. I lived it, loved and yearn for it when nostalgic.
>
> Now, A1, learn to bend a little. Accept another culture and stop making
> enemies when you're not really that bad a guy.
>
> Wayne
>
> For some fun in the wind see my son's innovation at

www.modelsailcars.com -
> Tacos served now and then.

Wayne Lundberg

Thank you. But I don't think he will ever put his ears or eyes on. He will
continue feeling falsehoods in his self imposed blindness. A typical example
of a disease impossible to immunize against once you are into management.
It's called the arrogance of ignorance and well developed in "The emperor
has no clothes"

Cheers!

"Misschef" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Thank you, Wayne. Well spoken, I applaud you.
> misschef
>

> "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> > A1, you are one stubborn old goat. I said there were 20 million

extremely
> > wealthy Mexicans who dominat the whole economoy and politics of the

> country
> > and any one of them could go to any airport in the world and order a

Lear
> > Jet with crew and sexy stews and never ask how much. I also said that

> there
> > are 20 million on the bottom portion of the curve regarding money; but

> that
> > many of these 20 million do not work in a cash economy. They remain

pretty
> > much agrarian and trade for what they need or use a minimum amount of

> cash.
> > Most of my recipes and food culture comes from these 20 million

'original'
> > Mexicans. You have really been an arrogant asshole in this newsgroup and

> > don't understand why most of us have not just put you in the kill file.

> But
> > you come up with very interesting recipes which stimulate the

imagination
> > and you do have innovative stuff. If only you could get off the

ignorance
> of
> > the culture you percieve from a distance.
> >
> > Come on down with me to a humble home anywhere in the interior of Mexico

> and
> > I will show you what I write about. Beans are made on Sunday after the
> > family has gone to market. They start to ferment that night and that is

> good
> > because it adds the right microbes to their tummys to fend off all kinds

> of
> > nasty other bugs. All the rest of what I write about is true and not
> > fiction. I lived it, loved and yearn for it when nostalgic.
> >
> > Now, A1, learn to bend a little. Accept another culture and stop making
> > enemies when you're not really that bad a guy.
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> > For some fun in the wind see my son's innovation at

> www.modelsailcars.com -
> > Tacos served now and then.

Misschef

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> I still
> have not mastered the art of having the egg batter stay on the chile pod

and
> love chile relleno!

<snip>

Wayne, I think I have seen you remark before on not being able to get the
batter to stick to the chili. Diana Kennedy says in many of her cookbooks to
make sure the chili is completely dried off on the outside. I agree
completely with this, however, I have found that the chilies still seem to
"weep" with moisture, even after drying them thoroughly. I have stumbled
upon a good method, by trial and error. After soaking up the excess
moisture with paper towels, give the chilies a light dusting of flour. Shake
off the excess and set them aside while you make the batter. The slight
coating of flour on the outside of the chilies seems to help the batter to
stick a lot better and keep the chilies "dry" enough on the outside, so the
batter doesn't slide off when frying. I also find the finely sifted flour
you can buy in a cardboard can (Wondra or Pillsbury) is a better consistency
than regular flour.
One more thing.....when I fry the rellenos I treat em like they were a
newborn baby.............eaaaaaaasy does it with the handling, lol. When you
remove them from the hot oil and set them aside to cool, they become a lot
more condusive to handling while staying intact. Then, you put em on a plate
and smother em with Green Chili...............OMG, died and gone to
heaven????? YA!!!!!!

Hope this helps!!
Happy Relleno frying!!
misschef

Wayne Lundberg

Will give it a try.... I know you are right. Thanks!!

"Misschef" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> > I still
> > have not mastered the art of having the egg batter stay on the chile pod

> and
> > love chile relleno!

> <snip>
>
> Wayne, I think I have seen you remark before on not being able to get the
> batter to stick to the chili. Diana Kennedy says in many of her cookbooks

> make sure the chili is completely dried off on the outside. I agree
> completely with this, however, I have found that the chilies still seem to
> "weep" with moisture, even after drying them thoroughly. I have stumbled
> upon a good method, by trial and error. After soaking up the excess
> moisture with paper towels, give the chilies a light dusting of flour.

Shake
> off the excess and set them aside while you make the batter. The slight
> coating of flour on the outside of the chilies seems to help the batter to
> stick a lot better and keep the chilies "dry" enough on the outside, so

the
> batter doesn't slide off when frying. I also find the finely sifted flour
> you can buy in a cardboard can (Wondra or Pillsbury) is a better

consistency
> than regular flour.
> One more thing.....when I fry the rellenos I treat em like they were a
> newborn baby.............eaaaaaaasy does it with the handling, lol. When

you
> remove them from the hot oil and set them aside to cool, they become a lot
> more condusive to handling while staying intact. Then, you put em on a

plate
> and smother em with Green Chili...............OMG, died and gone to
> heaven????? YA!!!!!!
>
> Hope this helps!!
> Happy Relleno frying!!
> misschef

A1 WBarfieldsr

"Misschef" > wrote in message
ink.net...
Uhhhh, A-1??? Have you BEEN to Mexico recently? No, not a nice hotel in a
big city where tourists can get all kinds of international foods, but
where the majority of the Mexican people live, work and eat. They shop in
wonderful outdoor markets and buy farm fresh produce and cheap, but useful
items...... like pig's heads. In my experience there I can't say that I
have seen a lot of modern refrigerators and stoves outside of hotels,
restaurants and the homes of the more affluent.

What is the minimum wage of these "Affluent"? What is the minimum wage of
those that are not "Afflunent" , and are so happy to be that way?

That's because they can't afford a refrigerator on $3.00-$5.00 per DAY. I
think Henry Ford stated "Any man working for him was worth at least $5.00
per day". This was back when he was making the Model T. Fords, at the turn
of the last century.

As a matter of fact, the best Mexican food I've had the pleasure and great
joy of consuming have come from
outdoor, open fires and street vendors.

I get a great deal of pleasure when I cook outside also. That doesn't mean
I am forced to cook outside.
Do you cook all of your meals outside? Are They, forced to cook outside? If
not, then that's great, but if they have no choice, then that is a shame.
How much did you pay in American money, or the equivalent in pesos, for
those good tasting vender food, $2.00 American or it's the equivalent in
pesos, or was it much less.

I am personally thankful that the majority of Mexico still shops and cooks
that way.

I'm sure you and all the other people with money, are thankful that the
majority of Mecico stays just the way it is.
Could it be because the minimum wage is $3.00-$5.00 per DAY, and allot of
those get ripped off because of non-compliance.

But, if you prefer the big hotels and such, that's your choice.

Can those people you are talking about, you know the Non-Afflunent, afford
to stay in those hotels even if they wanted to?
Now am I way off base here or what?
misschef

> <snip>

news I to remember when I used a slide rule instead of a calculator, and a