Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Ok guys let's put some recipes here

We have enough Gringo experts telling the Mexicans how they should eat.

Let's put the emphasis back on "cooking" in this NG!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gunner wrote:
> We have enough Gringo experts telling the Mexicans how they should eat.

Hey! I'm NOT telling *Mexicans* how to eat. Get that straight.

I'm telling Americans *what* poor Mexicans eat, and how it got to be
regarded as "Mexican cooking", by default.

I've talked to Mexicans here in the USA that have never made a tamale
and who have never heard of mole. But they sure do know about tacos and
burritos and rice and beans.
It's all they eat.

Nowadays, Americans who can afford a far better meal are going to
Mexico, and settling for Tex-Mex and border food, because of their
misconceptions.

> Let's put the emphasis back on "cooking" in this NG!

Amen. This NG is about cooking Mexican food at home, using a modern
kitchen and available products.

If readers want tacos made from trash meat, they can always go down to
an industrial area and eat off the roach wagon, I don't want to read
messages from people praising the
supposed "authenticity" of tacos made with beef guts.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gunner wrote:
> We have enough Gringo experts telling the Mexicans how they should eat.
>
> Let's put the emphasis back on "cooking" in this NG!

With over 30 Mexican and Tex-Mex restaurants withing about 4 miles of my
house here in Austin, I don't cook a lot of Mexican at home, however,
here's one you don't find too much that is pretty good:

Margarita Pork Chops

4 boneless pork loin chops, cut 1-inch thick
1/3 cup prepared orange marmalade
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons tequila
1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
1 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Lime wedges

Trim the fat from the pork chops. Prepare the marinade by combining
the orange marmalade, jalapeno, lime juice, tequila and ginger in a

mixing bowl. Grill the chops on a preheated grill for 12-15 minutes,
brushing with the glaze during the final 5 minutes. Serve garnished with

cilantro and lime wedges.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Frank Mancuso wrote:

> Margarita Pork Chops
>
> 4 boneless pork loin chops, cut 1-inch thick
> 1/3 cup prepared orange marmalade
> 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
> 2 tablespoons lime juice
> 2 tablespoons tequila
> 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
> 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
>
> Lime wedges
>
> Trim the fat from the pork chops. Prepare the marinade by combining
> the orange marmalade, jalapeno, lime juice, tequila and ginger in a
>
> mixing bowl. Grill the chops on a preheated grill for 12-15 minutes,
> brushing with the glaze during the final 5 minutes. Serve garnished with
>
> cilantro and lime wedges.

Looks pretty tasty to me, Frank. I have a couple of really lean
boneless pork chops from Omaha Steaks that are so lean that I have put
off eating them. This looks really good. However, I might use some
jalapeno jelly instead of the marmalade.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
However, I might use some
> jalapeno jelly instead of the marmalade.
>
> Jack

That sounds like an improvement to me! A little more kick never hurt anyone-

I need your help guys... julialovesfood Baking 0 01-03-2012 04:42 PM
Five Guys vs. In'N'Out aem General Cooking 23 10-05-2011 12:39 AM
You guys like? Sheldon General Cooking 37 02-05-2006 02:40 AM
Hi guys! ~patches~ General Cooking 8 27-04-2006 11:10 PM
You guys ... Nancy Young General Cooking 20 08-11-2003 01:43 AM