Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Any Corazon Recipes?

Never used it in my cooking. Any recipes?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

DaveTwo wrote:
> Never used it in my cooking. Any recipes?

Seems like one would be good stuffed like a big Bell Pepper... just a
little chewier.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> DaveTwo wrote:
>> Never used it in my cooking. Any recipes?

> Seems like one would be good stuffed like a big Bell Pepper... just a
> little chewier.

Then why don't you make yourself some, and then stuff the pepper up your
ass?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

DaveTwo wrote:
> Then why don't you make yourself some, and then stuff the pepper up your
> ass?

Sounds like a good idea, Dave. Possibly when I stuff the thing up
there, I might also find your sense of humor. You must be a lot of fun
in person, too!

Regards,

Jack
(who finally realizes the seriousness required in posting here)

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> DaveTwo wrote:
>> Then why don't you make yourself some, and then stuff the pepper up your
>> ass?

> Sounds like a good idea, Dave. Possibly when I stuff the thing up
> there, I might also find your sense of humor. You must be a lot of fun
> in person, too!

There are too many smug trolls in this group to accept on face value that
you were trying to be funny.

One side posts recipes with Ketchup on nachos just to **** people off. The
other jumps on anyone who doesn't adhere to their rules of authenticity.

Your post sounded like one from the latter. Next time you want to be funny,
actually post something that is funny, or include an actual answer to the
question.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

DaveTwo wrote:
> "Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > DaveTwo wrote:
> >> Then why don't you make yourself some, and then stuff the pepper up your
> >> ass?

> > Sounds like a good idea, Dave. Possibly when I stuff the thing up
> > there, I might also find your sense of humor. You must be a lot of fun
> > in person, too!

<snip>

> Next time you want to be funny,
> actually post something that is funny, or include an actual answer to the
> question.

Actually, Dave, as I hate these petty little flame wars and those who
participate in them, I have a better idea. Rather than have you tell
me how, when and what to post, why don't I just limit my posts and
replies to the others who are in this group. Actually, I haven't
really met any jerks here, until today, anyway. Pretty easy-going
group of people... sorta like in Mexico.

Have a nice day!

Jack
(movin' on)

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> DaveTwo wrote:
>> "Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> > Sounds like a good idea, Dave. Possibly when I stuff the thing up
>> > there, I might also find your sense of humor. You must be a lot of fun
>> > in person, too!

> <snip>
>
>> Next time you want to be funny,
>> actually post something that is funny, or include an actual answer to the
>> question.

> Actually, Dave, as I hate these petty little flame wars and those who
> participate in them, I have a better idea. Rather than have you tell
> me how, when and what to post, why don't I just limit my posts and
> replies to the others who are in this group. Actually, I haven't
> really met any jerks here, until today, anyway. Pretty easy-going
> group of people... sorta like in Mexico.
>
> Have a nice day!

Now this is funny.

You acted like a jerk, and it's my fault.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"DaveTwo" > wrote in message
> Never used it in my cooking. Any recipes?

I remember the delight of eating a taco de corazon at the Ninipil next to
the Merced in Mexico City. All I know is that it takes forever at very low
temperatures to make it edible. It is all muscle, just like tongue, and as I
recall, cooked the same way as tongue.

Off subject, but of possible interest: the Ninipil was one of the older,
traditional taco places in the city, well before all the corner taquerias.
As you went into the little 10 table restaurant you walked past the steaming
trays filled with brains, cheek, heart, liver, tongue, tripe, and half a
dozen other goodies. Kind of like a smorgasbord and you'd point to the
filling you wanted and with fingers said one, two, three, etc. You'd sit
down and the waiter would bring them to you along with a half dozen salsas
and a kilo of fresh hand partied steaming white corn tortillas. The best I
have ever eaten!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
you walked past the steaming
> trays filled with brains, cheek, heart, liver, tongue, tripe, and half a
> dozen other goodies. Kind of like a smorgasbord and you'd point to the
> filling you wanted and with fingers said one, two, three, etc. You'd sit
> down and the waiter would bring them to you along with a half dozen salsas
> and a kilo of fresh hand partied steaming white corn tortillas. The best I
> have ever eaten!

As one who loves chicken and turkey hearts, it is still hard to imagine
eating a heart bigger than your head! All of these chewy muscles and
organs can be cooked to be as tender as can be. I had a plate of
octopus in a Greek restaurant in Houston and asked the owner what he
did it to make it so tender and wonderful. He told me about standing
in the Mediterranean sea up to his waist and grabbing octo(pusses) and
taking them over to the edge and "beating the Hell out of them" on the
rocks. He also cooked the most tender tongue I have ever had. I don't
know that he beat the Hell out of it on the rocks, though.

I would try the pit barbeque method, wrapped in banana leaves for
hours, though. Should work for anything that's tough.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> you walked past the steaming
> > trays filled with brains, cheek, heart, liver, tongue, tripe, and half a
> > dozen other goodies. Kind of like a smorgasbord and you'd point to the
> > filling you wanted and with fingers said one, two, three, etc. You'd sit
> > down and the waiter would bring them to you along with a half dozen

salsas
> > and a kilo of fresh hand partied steaming white corn tortillas. The best

> > have ever eaten!

> As one who loves chicken and turkey hearts, it is still hard to imagine
> eating a heart bigger than your head! All of these chewy muscles and
> organs can be cooked to be as tender as can be. I had a plate of
> octopus in a Greek restaurant in Houston and asked the owner what he
> did it to make it so tender and wonderful. He told me about standing
> in the Mediterranean sea up to his waist and grabbing octo(pusses) and
> taking them over to the edge and "beating the Hell out of them" on the
> rocks. He also cooked the most tender tongue I have ever had. I don't
> know that he beat the Hell out of it on the rocks, though.
>
> I would try the pit barbeque method, wrapped in banana leaves for
> hours, though. Should work for anything that's tough.
>
> Jack

I'll cheat and use my faithful pressure cooker! I get my beans done in 35
minutes, my pork in 20 instead of an hour.... I'm tempted to try the heart
and tongue in the cooker just to see what will happen. Once tenderized, both
heart and tongue are a true delicacy!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
news

> "DaveTwo" > wrote in message
>> Never used it in my cooking. Any recipes?
>>

> I remember the delight of eating a taco de corazon at the Ninipil next to
> the Merced in Mexico City. All I know is that it takes forever at very low
> temperatures to make it edible. It is all muscle, just like tongue, and as
> recall, cooked the same way as tongue.

I've cooked heart on skewers over high heat until they were still read in
the center and they were terrific. I tried cooking the heart with my
barbacoa and it turned out dry. Maybe I need more broth, but it was still
edible.

As for tongue, my one attempt turned out a very mushy tongue, not anything
like I get in a taqueria. Maybe if I reversed the process, with a more dry
steaming for the tongue and a wetter braise for the BH I would get a better
result.