Frogleg

Default Edible Leaves

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:17:28 GMT, "Karin Vaneker"
> wrote:

>I never realised that that are edible leaves, corn, vine...banana... anybody
>recipes, info, history... anything welcome, Karin

Of course there are zillions of edible leaves. What you mean is leaves
not usually thought of as food, and I believe you are confusing
"edible" with "used in food prep." Grape leaves as a wrapping for
seasoned rice (dolmades) and other stuffings are indeed edible. Corn
husks, not leaves, are used as wrappers for tamales and not eaten.
Banana leaves are used as plates, and not eaten.
Teddy Jack

Karin Vaneker wrote:

> I never realised that that are edible leaves, corn, vine...banana... anybody
> recipes, info, history... anything welcome, Karin

Banana leaves are edible?? And i spent all that time in Hawaii not
knowing that!
I don't know much about the subject, but do know that Brassica leaves
are good (broccoli, cauliflower, etc.) raw or steamed. I like them raw
best. I'll see if I can remember any other ones.

Jack
kiff

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:40:23 GMT, Teddy Jack >
wrote:

>Karin Vaneker wrote:
>>
>> I never realised that that are edible leaves, corn, vine...banana... anybody
>> recipes, info, history... anything welcome, Karin

>Banana leaves are edible?? And i spent all that time in Hawaii not
>knowing that!
>I don't know much about the subject, but do know that Brassica leaves
>are good (broccoli, cauliflower, etc.) raw or steamed. I like them raw
>best. I'll see if I can remember any other ones.
>
>Jack

Hi

Go to this page

http://www.cookingandfitness.com/cookery.htm

and type

edible leaves

into the search box there for info on a book you may wish to have.