Old 05-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Frogleg

Default Help!

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:07:02 +0100, "Rob Daniels"
wrote:

I'm taking a load of Scouts on Camp this summer and the site we are staying
on has an Iron age hillfort right next door. I thought it would be quite
cool to have an "Iron age day". They will be doing Archery in the morning,
making bread ovens etc..

I was after the ingredients of an Iron age meal. i thought that we could
have a leg of lamb on a spit, but what about vegetables? A Stew? pudding? -
did they have pudding 2500 years ago? etc .

Your scouts might not be tickled with the possibilities. See:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/program...iving_ironage/

No pudding. :-)