Posted to rec.food.historic
Opinicus

Default California coffee prices in 1958

In Perry Mason episode 0123 "The case of the one-eyed witness" (first
broadcast on 11 March 1958) Della Street says "What could they *possibly*
put in a cup of coffee to make it worth a dollar?"

The answer of course is "inflation".
--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to rec.food.historic

Opinicus wrote:
> In Perry Mason episode 0123 "The case of the one-eyed witness" (first
> broadcast on 11 March 1958) Della Street says "What could they *possibly*
> put in a cup of coffee to make it worth a dollar?"
>
> The answer of course is "inflation".
> --
> Bob
> http://www.kanyak.com