Posted to rec.food.historic

Default What is a "bake stone"?

I ran across an older recipe the other day, and they mentioned using a
"bakestone" (one-word). I thought it was just a different expression for a
pizza stone or something similar. But they mentioned "greasing" it and
some complained about grease running off of it.

Since I only know of using a 'pizza stone' dry, I was wondering if there
was something I wasn't getting about this term.

Any one know of any specifics?

TIA,
Dusty
--
"The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me
new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and