Posted to rec.food.historic

Default This ' News Group' is NOT CLOSED at all!!..Only on Virgin Media Newsgroup....

SO...Virgin Media Newsgroup is Closed.... Big Whoop!!!!

So that doesn't 'Close' down the Newsgroup on other News Servers though!

So 'WHY' hasn't anyone else 'Posted' since the posts by 'Darrin' and
'Hugo_Hurtig' ...The newsgroup is still on other servers!!

SO...Go ahead and keep posting here!

--
Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Posted to rec.food.historic

Bigbazza > wrote:

> SO...Virgin Media Newsgroup is Closed.... Big Whoop!!!!
>
> So that doesn't 'Close' down the Newsgroup on other News Servers though!
>
> So 'WHY' hasn't anyone else 'Posted' since the posts by 'Darrin' and
> 'Hugo_Hurtig' ...The newsgroup is still on other servers!!
>
> SO...Go ahead and keep posting here!

OK.

What did we all have for dinner January 11th, 1973?
I'm pretty sure I had either hot dogs or spaghetti.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.historic

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Bigbazza > wrote:
>
>> SO...Virgin Media Newsgroup is Closed.... Big Whoop!!!!
>>
>> So that doesn't 'Close' down the Newsgroup on other News Servers though!
>>
>> So 'WHY' hasn't anyone else 'Posted' since the posts by 'Darrin' and
>> 'Hugo_Hurtig' ...The newsgroup is still on other servers!!
>>
>> SO...Go ahead and keep posting here!

> OK.
>
> What did we all have for dinner January 11th, 1973?
> I'm pretty sure I had either hot dogs or spaghetti.
>
> -sw

Why!...Sqwertzy 'Ol Fella...Surely you must remember that, after all it was
only a little over 35 years ago...<g>

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Posted to rec.food.historic

On Sat 31 May 2008 07:24:25p, Bigbazza told us...

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> Bigbazza > wrote:
>>
>>> SO...Virgin Media Newsgroup is Closed.... Big Whoop!!!!
>>>
>>> So that doesn't 'Close' down the Newsgroup on other News Servers
>>> though!
>>>
>>> So 'WHY' hasn't anyone else 'Posted' since the posts by 'Darrin' and
>>> 'Hugo_Hurtig' ...The newsgroup is still on other servers!!
>>>
>>> SO...Go ahead and keep posting here!

>> OK.
>>
>> What did we all have for dinner January 11th, 1973?
>> I'm pretty sure I had either hot dogs or spaghetti.
>>
>> -sw

> Why!...Sqwertzy 'Ol Fella...Surely you must remember that, after all it
> was only a little over 35 years ago...<g>
>
> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Let's see, that was a Thursday, and back then my former partner and I
always went to Rustic Restaurant in Rocky River, OH on Thursdays for a late
dinner after he closed his shop. Most likely I had either a patty melt or
a peanut burger, along with an order of slim jim fries and coleslaw, and a
piece of cherrry pie for dessert.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/31(XXXI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.historic

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
6.120...
> On Sat 31 May 2008 07:24:25p, Bigbazza told us...

>>> OK.
>>>
>>> What did we all have for dinner January 11th, 1973?
>>> I'm pretty sure I had either hot dogs or spaghetti.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Why!...Sqwertzy 'Ol Fella...Surely you must remember that, after all it
>> was only a little over 35 years ago...<g>
>>
>> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz
>>

> Let's see, that was a Thursday, and back then my former partner and I
> always went to Rustic Restaurant in Rocky River, OH on Thursdays for a
> late
> dinner after he closed his shop. Most likely I had either a patty melt or
> a peanut burger, along with an order of slim jim fries and coleslaw, and a
> piece of cherrry pie for dessert.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Now let me think back to then...Hmmm....Remembering that in Oz we are a day
ahead of you in time....So on the same day whilst you were eating them
morsels, it was Friday 12th here...I was on annual holidays and travelling
to the other side of 'Ol Sydney Town, to see how my new house had progressed
that week...Building that is... So as it was a favourite of my late wife and
myself (and my then 4 yr old daughter) we would most probably have gone to a
fast food Chicken place and picked up some Fried Chicken, Some Fried Button
Mushrooms and a container of deep fried' Lambs Testicles
(Sweetbreads)...That was an all time favourite of ours..We would then go
along to the beach and eat up...

By the way, that 4 yr old will be 40 in November!... Boy, are we getting
older!!

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Posted to rec.food.historic

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Let's see, that was a Thursday, and back then my former partner and I
> always went to Rustic Restaurant in Rocky River, OH on Thursdays for a late
> dinner after he closed his shop. Most likely I had either a patty melt or
> a peanut burger, along with an order of slim jim fries and coleslaw, and a
> piece of cherrry pie for dessert.

Of course, this is all speculation as far as the specific date goes,
but... Back then, TLOML and I ate a lot of meat, especially a lot of
beef, and that was usually rib roasts. I don't think I would have been
roasting a new one on a Thursday, so we probably would have been working
on orts from that and getting down to the last bits. That might have
been devilled ribs. I have NO recollection of what I might have served
with that, although I was also big into both gazpacho and strawberry
shortcake. Ooops! Looking back, I see it was the winter, so both of
those are unlikely.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.historic

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Let's see, that was a Thursday, and back then my former partner and I
>> always went to Rustic Restaurant in Rocky River, OH on Thursdays for a
>> late dinner after he closed his shop. Most likely I had either a patty
>> melt or a peanut burger, along with an order of slim jim fries and
>> coleslaw, and a piece of cherrry pie for dessert.
>>

> Of course, this is all speculation as far as the specific date goes,
> but... Back then, TLOML and I ate a lot of meat, especially a lot of
> beef, and that was usually rib roasts. I don't think I would have been
> roasting a new one on a Thursday, so we probably would have been working
> on orts from that and getting down to the last bits. That might have been
> devilled ribs. I have NO recollection of what I might have served with
> that, although I was also big into both gazpacho and strawberry shortcake.
> Ooops! Looking back, I see it was the winter, so both of those are
> unlikely.
>
> --
> Jean B.

It was in the hottest days of summer here, Jean...

By the way, today is the first official day of Winter here in Oz....It was
somewhere around 21oC here, but a little over cast though...and was all of
about 16-17oC during the night ...

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

Posted to rec.food.historic

"TMOliver" > writes:

>With daughters 41 and 36, I sympathize, but think back to a trip to Paris
>when the youngest was 10 or so, and ordered "Steak Tartare" in an Alsatian
>joint on the Champs, drawing much attention from the wait staff and the chef
>who brought it out to her. Small girls eating raw meat wasa compelling
>experience even for blase' Frawgs.

And, more recently, for some folks in my local metropolis. From
the archives of the local rag (where I once had employment as an
underassistant East Coast copy-editor, around the time your youngest
was probably first drinking raw milk fresh from the source), at
<http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/04-98/04-22-98/a08sr047.htm>:

Stephen Fagan, a Palm Beach, Fla., socialite, was in a Framingham
court yesterday to face parental kidnapping charges. His two adult
daughters, who learned last week their mother wasn't dead, looked
on from a courtroom gallery.
[Fagan's ex-wife Barbara] Kurth's neighbors in North Adams told Fagan
his ex-wife often was drunk or unconscious and let the girls run around
naked outside, said defense lawyer Richard Egbert.

One neighbor reportedly saw the young girls eating raw meat out of a
toaster, Egbert said.

No further details on how to eat raw meat (or anything) "out of a toaster"
were forthcoming in that article, unfortunately.

Lee Rudolph (some phrases stay with you; unfortunately)