Posted to rec.food.historic

Default Velveeta Fudge

I saw this on another group and thought I'd post it for commentary: they
were wondering if this was a common 'family' recipe of the past. Sounds
like a Velveeta invention to me.

Velveeta Peanut Butter Fudge
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
3/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
2 lbs powdered sugar
Melt first 2 ingredients together in microwave. Add vanilla, peanut
butter. Then add sugar. Knead like bread dough until you can no longer
see the sugar. Roll candy with a glass. Spread into greased pan.
Refrigerate until set. Cut and enjoy!

Posted to rec.food.historic

"Patrick Porter" > wrote

>I saw this on another group and thought I'd post it for commentary: they
> were wondering if this was a common 'family' recipe of the past. Sounds
> like a Velveeta invention to me.

> Velveeta Peanut Butter Fudge
> 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
> 3/4 cup butter
> 1 tablespoon vanilla
> 1 cup peanut butter
> 2 lbs powdered sugar

Sounds like a good candidate for the Gallery:
http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/

Since it calls for a microwave, it can't be too much of an "heirloom" recipe
I would suppose...

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to rec.food.historic

In article >,
Opinicus > wrote:
>"Patrick Porter" > wrote

>>I saw this on another group and thought I'd post it for commentary: they
>> were wondering if this was a common 'family' recipe of the past. Sounds
>> like a Velveeta invention to me.

>> Velveeta Peanut Butter Fudge
>> 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
>> 3/4 cup butter
>> 1 tablespoon vanilla
>> 1 cup peanut butter
>> 2 lbs powdered sugar

>Sounds like a good candidate for the Gallery:
>http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/

>Since it calls for a microwave, it can't be too much of an "heirloom" recipe
>I would suppose...

As there is no cooking after the first two ingredients are
melted, it should make no difference if the melting was in
a microwave or the top of a double boiler.
Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558