Shaun Collett

Default Looking for Schneider Weisse and/or Aventinus Beer

Whomever can help me find this beer is both a scholar and a gentleman.

I live on the west-side of Los Angeles (close to Santa Monica) and
have scoured the area for these very special beers called Schneider
Weisse and Aventinus. They define ambrosia.

Schneider Weisse
http://www.schneider-weisse.com/bynb...e/original.htm

Aventinus
http://www.schneider-weisse.com/bynb.../aventinus.htm

I would like somewhere I can go to purchase these beers in LA, but I
wouldn't be opposed to ordering them online either.

Any thoughts???

Thanks a bunch
Steve Jackson

"Shaun Collett" > wrote in message
om...

> Whomever can help me find this beer is both a scholar and a gentleman.
>
> I live on the west-side of Los Angeles (close to Santa Monica) and
> have scoured the area for these very special beers called Schneider
> Weisse and Aventinus. They define ambrosia.

To be honest, I haven't really been paying attention to their availability
in the LA area, because I'm rarely in a Weissbier mood. But Schneider
distributes pretty widely in the States, so I'd be surprised if they can't
be found in SoCal.

Best bets to look include Liquor and Wine Warehouse (or whatever the name
is - it's something close to that) in Van Nuys. Beverages and More probably
have it as well (locations throughout SoCal - check www.bevmo.com). Best
beer store in the area, IMO, requires a bit of a hike for you, down to Costa
Mesa, where Hi Time Wines is located. They also sell online -
www.hitimewine.com.

-Steve

Fred Waltman

(Shaun Collett) wrote in message . com>...
> Whomever can help me find this beer is both a scholar and a gentleman.
>
> I live on the west-side of Los Angeles (close to Santa Monica) and
> have scoured the area for these very special beers called Schneider
> Weisse and Aventinus. They define ambrosia.
>
> Schneider Weisse

http://www.schneider-weisse.com/bynb...e/original.htm

> Aventinus
> http://www.schneider-weisse.com/bynb.../aventinus.htm
>
> I would like somewhere I can go to purchase these beers in LA, but I
> wouldn't be opposed to ordering them online either.

Beverage Warehouse in Marina del Rey carries the Aventinus. Don't know
about the normal Weisse -- that's not one I buy often.

You missed a chance a couple months ago to meet the brewer from
Schneider. He was at the Sheraton 4 Points LAX. They also had
Schneider Weisse on tap (but not now). They always have Aventinus
bottles, and probably the Weisse, but again, I haven't noticed.

I think Naja's in Redondo has Aventinus on tap.

They are distributed in this area by Wine Warehouse -- if all else
fails you could call them and ask (323-724-1700)

Fred Waltman
www.LABeer.com
www.FranconiaBeerGuide.com