Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Five Gordon Ramsey Video Recipes / Lessons

1. Broccoli Soup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFc6o2m9mMQ

2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ

3. Stuffed Saddle of Lamb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPO7xUC4Mq8

4. Salt Baked Pineapple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSpigcJrS0

5. Cripsy Salmon Crushed Potatoes Fresh Crab Meat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ff_HC0SR4

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> 1. Broccoli Soup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFc6o2m9mMQ

> 2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ
>
> 3. Stuffed Saddle of Lamb
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPO7xUC4Mq8
>
> 4. Salt Baked Pineapple
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSpigcJrS0
>
> 5. Cripsy Salmon Crushed Potatoes Fresh Crab Meat
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ff_HC0SR4

Very nice, thank you!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Aug 2006 06:34:41 -0700, wrote:

>1. Broccoli Soup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFc6o2m9mMQ

>2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ
>
>3. Stuffed Saddle of Lamb
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPO7xUC4Mq8
>
>4. Salt Baked Pineapple
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSpigcJrS0
>
>5. Cripsy Salmon Crushed Potatoes Fresh Crab Meat
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ff_HC0SR4

Excellent! Thank You!

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:51:12 -0500, "jmcquown"

>> 1. Broccoli Soup
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFc6o2m9mMQ
>>
>> 2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ
>>
>> 3. Stuffed Saddle of Lamb
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPO7xUC4Mq8
>>
>> 4. Salt Baked Pineapple
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSpigcJrS0
>>
>> 5. Cripsy Salmon Crushed Potatoes Fresh Crab Meat
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ff_HC0SR4

>Very nice, thank you!
>
>Jill

You are so right!! I'm thinking Scrambled eggs for dinner tonight.
I've never seen that method before. Mine always suck. Hopefully TJ's
has Creme Fraiche.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:51:12 -0500, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>> 1. Broccoli Soup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFc6o2m9mMQ

>>> 2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ
>>>
>>> 3. Stuffed Saddle of Lamb
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPO7xUC4Mq8
>>>
>>> 4. Salt Baked Pineapple
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSpigcJrS0
>>>
>>> 5. Cripsy Salmon Crushed Potatoes Fresh Crab Meat
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ff_HC0SR4

>> Very nice, thank you!
>>
>> Jill
>>

> You are so right!! I'm thinking Scrambled eggs for dinner tonight.
> I've never seen that method before. Mine always suck. Hopefully TJ's
> has Creme Fraiche.
>
> Lou

I'm craving broccoli soup! But per a prior thread, the cost is through the
roof now it's nearly September and thanks to the heat wave.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote

> I'm craving broccoli soup! But per a prior thread, the cost is through
> the
> roof now it's nearly September and thanks to the heat wave.

Remember when the price of cauliflower went through the roof?
Something about a low carb diet fad. Anyway, I bought myself a
nice big cauliflower. Not sure how I'm going to make it as a side
dish tonight. Haven't had cauliflower in forever.

At any rate, I only saw the broccoli soup video, thanks to
the OP for posting them, I'll be watching them all. It looked
very good.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 28 Aug 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> "jmcquown" > wrote
>
> > I'm craving broccoli soup! But per a prior thread, the cost is
> > through the
> > roof now it's nearly September and thanks to the heat wave.

> Remember when the price of cauliflower went through the roof?
> Something about a low carb diet fad. Anyway, I bought myself a
> nice big cauliflower. Not sure how I'm going to make it as a side
> dish tonight. Haven't had cauliflower in forever.
>
> At any rate, I only saw the broccoli soup video, thanks to
> the OP for posting them, I'll be watching them all. It looked
> very good.
>
> nancy

Cut the cauliflower into florets...put in a bowl. toss with cooking oil
and taco seasoning or curry to taste. Roast it on a greased cookie sheet
at approx 400F till lightly browned 20 minutes or so....very tasty.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 28 Aug 2006 in rec.food.cooking

>> Remember when the price of cauliflower went through the roof?
>> Something about a low carb diet fad. Anyway, I bought myself a
>> nice big cauliflower. Not sure how I'm going to make it as a side
>> dish tonight. Haven't had cauliflower in forever.

> Cut the cauliflower into florets...put in a bowl. toss with cooking oil
> and taco seasoning or curry to taste. Roast it on a greased cookie sheet
> at approx 400F till lightly browned 20 minutes or so....very tasty.

Hey, thanks! My dinner plans went awry, but I am having that
for lunch tomorrow, roasted cauliflower. Yum. It's quite a large
one, I'll be making cream of cauliflower soup, too.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:54:43 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote
>
>> I'm craving broccoli soup! But per a prior thread, the cost is through
>> the
>> roof now it's nearly September and thanks to the heat wave.

>Remember when the price of cauliflower went through the roof?
>Something about a low carb diet fad. Anyway, I bought myself a
>nice big cauliflower. Not sure how I'm going to make it as a side
>dish tonight. Haven't had cauliflower in forever.

One of my favorite ways to serve both broccoli and cauliflower is to
simply stream it and pour a cheese sauce over it. I don't have much
of a recipe but I use a white sauce and add cheddar, feta, paprika
celery powder, and pepper. Adjust thickness with milk.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:54:43 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:

>>nice big cauliflower. Not sure how I'm going to make it as a side
>>dish tonight. Haven't had cauliflower in forever.

> One of my favorite ways to serve both broccoli and cauliflower is to
> simply stream it and pour a cheese sauce over it. I don't have much
> of a recipe but I use a white sauce and add cheddar, feta, paprika
> celery powder, and pepper. Adjust thickness with milk.

Feta, interesting. Sounds delicious. I thought of making this recipe,
but I just don't have the energy today for some reason. It's a little
bit like your recipe. Thanks for the idea.
Tangy Mustard Cauliflower

1 medium head cauliflower
1/4 cup water

1/2 cup mayo
1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place cauliflower and water in 1 1/2 quart glass casserole dish.
Microwave 8-9 minutes on high. Drain. Combine mayo, onion and
mustard in a small bowl. Spoon sauce over cauliflower. Sprinkle
with cheese. Microwave 1-2 minutes on medium high to head topping
and melt cheese. Let stand 1-2 minutes before serving.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

That sounds like it's worth a try

Steve
..
> Cut the cauliflower into florets...put in a bowl. toss with cooking oil
> and taco seasoning or curry to taste. Roast it on a greased cookie sheet
> at approx 400F till lightly browned 20 minutes or so....very tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 28 Aug 2006 in rec.food.cooking

>> I bought myself a
>> nice big cauliflower. Not sure how I'm going to make it as a side
>> dish tonight. Haven't had cauliflower in forever.

> Cut the cauliflower into florets...put in a bowl. toss with cooking oil
> and taco seasoning or curry to taste. Roast it on a greased cookie sheet
> at approx 400F till lightly browned 20 minutes or so....very tasty.

Came out really nice, Alan, except I used Fox Point and Seasoned Salt
from Penzeys. I will break it into smaller florets next time. Thanks for
that nice way to make cauliflower.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 29 Aug 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Came out really nice, Alan, except I used Fox Point and Seasoned Salt
> from Penzeys. I will break it into smaller florets next time. Thanks
> for that nice way to make cauliflower.
>
> nancy

Glad you liked it.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> 2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ

What was that stuff he put into the eggs near the end? It sounded like
he said "creme fresh." I've never heard of such a product.

In googling for it, I also found something called creme fraiche. I have
no idea if this is the same thing.

But I can't find a simple definition of what it is. I'd like to know if
there is a kosher equivalent that I could find near me.

Please explain to me what this is, thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mordechai Housman" > wrote

> In googling for it, I also found something called creme fraiche. I have no
> idea if this is the same thing.
>
> But I can't find a simple definition of what it is. I'd like to know if
> there is a kosher equivalent that I could find near me.

http://www.epicurious.com has a food dictionary.

Check here for your answer:

http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/ho.../entry?id=2148

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mordechai Housman > wrote:
> > 2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ

> What was that stuff he put into the eggs near the end? It sounded like
> he said "creme fresh." I've never heard of such a product.

> In googling for it, I also found something called creme fraiche. I have
> no idea if this is the same thing.

Creme fraiche is pretty much a precursor step on the way
to cream cheese, so I would think it's certainly *possible*
to have kosher creme fraiche, but I don't know if anyone
markets it. You could make your own. I think Alton Brown
made some in one of his shows so the process would be on
the Food Network web site.

At least a couple of web sites suggest sour cream as a substitute.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message ...
> Mordechai Housman > wrote:
>> > 2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ

>> What was that stuff he put into the eggs near the end? It sounded
>> like
>> he said "creme fresh." I've never heard of such a product.

>> In googling for it, I also found something called creme fraiche. I
>> have
>> no idea if this is the same thing.

> Creme fraiche is pretty much a precursor step on the way
> to cream cheese, so I would think it's certainly *possible*
> to have kosher creme fraiche, but I don't know if anyone
> markets it. You could make your own. I think Alton Brown
> made some in one of his shows so the process would be on
> the Food Network web site.
>
> At least a couple of web sites suggest sour cream as a substitute.

Okay, thanks.

By the way, I mentioned this video to my wife, and her response was that
if the only advantage she sees in scrambled eggs is that they're quick
to make. She feels that this method takes too long. (shrug) This, from a
woman who practically lived on egg omelets for almost all nine months of
her first pregnancy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

And three Antipasti recipies / lessons:

1. Stuffed Corugette Rolls Antipasti PT 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzIdzaif14M

2. Marinated Mushrooms Antipasti PT 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5pRTggDCtc

3. Balsamic Beetroot with Roquefort Antipasti PT 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8hjd6CEmc

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mordechai Housman > wrote:

> By the way, I mentioned this video to my wife, and her response was that
> if the only advantage she sees in scrambled eggs is that they're quick
> to make. She feels that this method takes too long. (shrug) This, from a
> woman who practically lived on egg omelets for almost all nine months of
> her first pregnancy.

In my opinion, a pregnant women is a separate entity from her
non-pregnant self. The two may share the same tastes, or not.
No way to know.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message ...
> Mordechai Housman > wrote:
>
>> By the way, I mentioned this video to my wife, and her response was
>> that
>> if the only advantage she sees in scrambled eggs is that they're
>> quick
>> to make. She feels that this method takes too long. (shrug) This,
>> from a
>> woman who practically lived on egg omelets for almost all nine months
>> of
>> her first pregnancy.

> In my opinion, a pregnant women is a separate entity from her
> non-pregnant self. The two may share the same tastes, or not.
> No way to know.

True. But she still likes omelets, just not as much as she did then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Mordechai Housman" > wrote
>
>> In googling for it, I also found something called creme fraiche. I
>> have no idea if this is the same thing.
>>
>> But I can't find a simple definition of what it is. I'd like to know
>> if there is a kosher equivalent that I could find near me.

> http://www.epicurious.com has a food dictionary.
>
> Check here for your answer:
>
> http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/ho.../entry?id=2148

Thank you, Nancy. So if I added sour cream, instead of creme fraiche
that I cannot obtain, would that do as well? I've never had omelet with
sour cream and chives in it. Or, for that matter, made without oil, and
the butter mixed in beforehand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message ...
> Mordechai Housman > wrote:
>> > 2. Scrambled Eggs Breakfast
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ

>> What was that stuff he put into the eggs near the end? It sounded
>> like
>> he said "creme fresh." I've never heard of such a product.

>> In googling for it, I also found something called creme fraiche. I
>> have
>> no idea if this is the same thing.

> Creme fraiche is pretty much a precursor step on the way
> to cream cheese, so I would think it's certainly *possible*
> to have kosher creme fraiche, but I don't know if anyone
> markets it. You could make your own. I think Alton Brown
> made some in one of his shows so the process would be on
> the Food Network web site.
>
> At least a couple of web sites suggest sour cream as a substitute.
> http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/ho.../entry?id=2148

Ah! So I CAN use sour cream instead! Great! I guess I'll give it at try
some morning this week. I have already bought the chives.

Thanks!

Mordechai

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Mordechai Housman" > schreef in bericht
> > wrote in message ...

>>> What was that stuff he put into the eggs near the end? It sounded like
>>> he said "creme fresh." I've never heard of such a product.

>>> In googling for it, I also found something called creme fraiche. I have
>>> no idea if this is the same thing.

>> Creme fraiche is pretty much a precursor step on the way
>> to cream cheese, so I would think it's certainly *possible*
>> to have kosher creme fraiche, but I don't know if anyone
>> markets it. You could make your own. I think Alton Brown
>> made some in one of his shows so the process would be on
>> the Food Network web site.
>>
>> At least a couple of web sites suggest sour cream as a substitute.
>> http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/ho.../entry?id=2148

> Ah! So I CAN use sour cream instead!

It's a matter of opinion, really. Unlike creme fraiche, sour cream curdles
when heated. Abnd tastes slightly sour rather than sweet. Sour cream has
less butterfat than CF, too.

I would sooner use a thick sweet cream, or mascarpone.