Ted Feuerbach

Default Decadent dips...

Frogleg > wrote:

: AFAIK, there is no criminal statute against buying/using/eating
: Velveeta.

Check out the US Penal code, Bub! Ignorance of the law is
no excuse.

Chili Velveta Dip
-----------------

1 Can Chili with Beans
1 Pound Velveta (half a loaf)

Nuke the Velveta until very soft.
Nuke the Chili until warm. Stir
together.

Ted Feuerbach feuer<*>feuerbach.com
Feuerbach & Associates www.feuerbach.com
Disclaimer: Well OK, I guess I do speak for F&A don't I?
John Freck

(Carnivore269) wrote in message . com>...

> I sometimes like to make stuff up as I go along. :-)
> Came up with this tonight, and it was hardly a diet food, but OH so
> yummy!

> Take about 8 oz. of crab shapes (fake crab) and chop them up. Add one
> small can of minced olives and several slices (about 4 or 5 oz)
> velveeta cheese. Place into a corningware or other microwave safe
> container with a lid and nuke it until everything is hot and the
> cheese is melted. Mix well, then add 4 oz. sour cream and mix well
> again.

> Serve with corn chips.

It sounds like 7-11 needs you. 7-11 will go extinct if it doesn't
start competeing with types like Hess Express, BP/Amoco-with good
deli, or any of those new types of gas stations with decent food
counters.
The best convience store I know of is Wawa. I used ot make sandwiches
and subs at a Wawa Food Store in the late 1980s, and I will tell you
that 7-11 is far below. I don't know why people go to a 7-11 for
ready made foods when better choises are all around.

Your dip sounds flavor full, salty, and hot. All the flavors are
known to match, exept of the artifical crab. I have seen your basic
idea with hamburger and beans. I would try it, of course, but somehow
the crab sounds off.

Hamburger, beans, diced olives, cheese, spice, and sour cheam are an
ever popular dip ingredient combination. You don't have any spice.
You need to sub hamburger for crab; add chili powder, onion powder,
garlic powder, paprika and maybe some Goya Hot Sauce in any
combination you like, but don't leave all of them out.

As far as myself, I like clam dip. I get some refrigerated ranch dip
then add canned chopped and diced clams, keeping most of the clam
broth out since it would over thin the dip. Then I add some deluxe
garlic powder, some ranch dressing, and real bacon bits and some
little amount of bacon fat. And I like Ruffles best. I serve very
cold. I make sure the canned clams are at refrigerator temp, and put
dip bowl in a bigger bowl filled with crushed ice too. Chive was
suggested as an improvement, but I'm hip to chive. But finely diced
onion or onion powder would be a nice add on. IN addition, the low
fat and no fat versions are very tasty, but getting hte texture right
is more work and more tricky.

John Freck