Colin Bigam

Default Duck fat from duck tail?

Greetings all;

I've cooked duck on a few occasions, and always saved the rendered fat for
use in other things.

Now a relative cooked duck recently, without removing the oil sack at the
tail. The meat was understantably quite greasy. The thing is, I was presented
with a quart (!) of duck fat. Curiously, it's yellower and seems to have a
different texture than the stuff I have in the fridge.

Is this the same fat, but just in need of some cleaning up? Should I toss it,
or use it, and should I mix it with my other fat?

Thanks,
Colin