Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default no access to newsgroups

You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
loquacious.

My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
in future.

Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
know it.

Kathy-in-NZ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote on 17 Jul 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> loquacious.
>
> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> in future.
>
> Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
> work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
> lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
> know it.
>
> Kathy-in-NZ

There are several news group suppliers out there...Like Supernews that
will supply your needs. A quick google search will find one that you'd
like and in most any price range except free.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kathy-in-NZ" > wrote in news:1153118399.719608.263260
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> loquacious.
>
> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my

ISP

If you can access the Internet, you can access a free newsserver. There
are plenty to choose from.....

http://tinyurl.com/mu3nn

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kathy-in-NZ" > wrote in news:1153118399.719608.263260
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> in future.

http://halbrooktech.easynews.com

I've been using them for several years because my ISP's news server service
sucked, they'd be off more than on, not have all the groups I wanted, and I
don't mean the binary groups, ect. They launched a referal program a few
months ago, so I signed up, since I'd been refering people anyway, it'll
give me a free month if you use my referal link
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Kathy-in-NZ" > wrote:

> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> loquacious.
>
> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> in future.
>
> Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
> work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
> lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
> know it.
>
> Kathy-in-NZ

You don't have to change your ISP...
Do what I did and purchase Giganews. The account is only costing me
$12.50 per month and I'm still able to use my favorite newsreader. :-)

You can get used to googlegroups, I had to use it for a month or so
until I decided to buy giganews.

Hope this helps? :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> loquacious.
>
> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> in future.
>
> Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
> work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
> lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
> know it.
>
> Kathy-in-NZ

Get an account at the German news server http://www.individual.net
It used to be free; now it cost 10 EUR per year. My ISP has a news
server but I like individual.net better.

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Kathy-in-NZ" > schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> loquacious.
>
> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> in future.
>
> Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
> work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
> lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
> know it.

Hi Kathy,

My ISP is the same. I pay ? 10 a year for my current, excellent news server
now. Let me know if you want details.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

> My ISP is the same. I pay ? 10 a year for my current, excellent news
> server now. Let me know if you want details.

Oops, I had missed Bob's post. He mentions the same server.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:

> Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
> > You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> > around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> > loquacious.
> >
> > My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> > so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> > group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
> > so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> > in future.
> >
> > Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
> > work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
> > lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
> > know it.
> >
> > Kathy-in-NZ
> >

> Get an account at the German news server http://www.individual.net
> It used to be free; now it cost 10 EUR per year. My ISP has a news
> server but I like individual.net better.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Me, too. I've used this news server for many years now, even after it
started to charge a very reasonable fee of EU$10/year (approx.
US$12.50/year) in April 2005. It's very well worth the modest fee
(quite reasonable, IMNSHO). In addition, if one emails with the
administrators of this particular news server, it will acquire
newsgroups it doesn't already list when requested. I've done this a few
times to get access to a few newsgroups I learned about through various
websites. One thing to note, the German news server does not include or
access any binary newsgroup.

Sky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote:

> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> loquacious.
>
> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> in future.
>
> Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
> work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
> lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
> know it.

Bummer Kathy. My ISP dropped news groups last month. I had to go to s news
group server and pay extra for the service.

My ISP is owned by the same company that I had my tv satellite service
with. I switched because they screwed me once to often. I am looking into
changing ISPs.

About two weeks ago I had a call from my old satellite provider, actually
from a consultant hired to survey their old customers to find out why they
are losing so much business. I refused to do the survey and would only
tell him that the next time they come up with a scheme to reduce service
and jack up prices they should remember how much business they lost by
doing that.

My ISP offered unlimited access to the internet and then imposed limits on
uploads and downloads. They claimed that a small number of people were
abusing it. That confused me because I don't understand how you can abuse
unlimited service. They claimed that it was clogging the system and slowing
things down. Yet, despite their equipment being taxed to the limit by these
abusers, they were actively looking for more customers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Abe > wrote:

> >If you can access the Internet, you can access a free newsserver. There
> >are plenty to choose from.....
> >http://tinyurl.com/mu3nn

> Peter, I know you're being helpful, but please don't tinyurls in your
> posts. Security conscious users want to know where they're being
> directed. I personally will never open a tinny without knowing where
> it's going.
> Thanks

I use tinyurl's a lot in my posts too, the reason being is that some
URL's are so large, they "break" and won't work when you click on them
so you have to examine them and fix the breaks...

What would you suggest in their place?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:51:15 -0500, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>Get an account at the German news server http://www.individual.net
>It used to be free; now it cost 10 EUR per year. My ISP has a news
>server but I like individual.net better.
>
>Best regards,
>Bob

That's what I use.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

>>Peter, I know you're being helpful, but please don't tinyurls in your
>>posts. Security conscious users want to know where they're being
>>directed. I personally will never open a tinny without knowing where
>>it's going.
>>Thanks

> I use tinyurl's a lot in my posts too, the reason being is that some
> URL's are so large, they "break" and won't work when you click on them
> so you have to examine them and fix the breaks...
>
> What would you suggest in their place?

Nothing, if it wraps it just takes an extra cut & paste into Firefox to
make it work. I won't follow or give "tinyurls" for the same reason.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-07-17, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> You don't have to change your ISP...
> Do what I did and purchase Giganews. The account is only costing me
> $12.50 per month......

That's $150 yr! I wouldn't pay giganews $12.50 yr. It's by far the
worst usenet service I've had to use. There has to be something
better.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-07-17, Dave Smith > wrote:

> Bummer Kathy. My ISP dropped news groups last month.

This trend is going to continue. Usenet (newsgroups) is the *******
stepchild of the net, an outdated artifact of the original internet
and it's community of university/lab geeks. Now, with it's binary
groups, it can consume ungodly amounts of bandwidth and still generate
zero revenue. It's no wonder more ISP's are dumping or charging extra
for it. I don't imagine there will be too many "freebies" around much
longer. That, or they will be "no-binary" offerings. But, I think
$10-12 per month is ridiculous. I can see $25-50 a year, but no more.
Too many website forums to tolerate that level of greed.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> loquacious.
>
> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> group. Google groups isn't very friendly.

i have been using google groups for a couple years, and am very happy
with it. it may take some getting used to, but it did not take me long
to get used to what it costs as far as money out of pocket! the one
downside, there is no killfile...if you don't want to read someone's
posting, you must just *ignore* it. myraide

> I don't plan to change my ISP
> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> in future.
>
> Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
> work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
> lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
> know it.
>
> Kathy-in-NZ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2006-07-17, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > You don't have to change your ISP...
> > Do what I did and purchase Giganews. The account is only costing me
> > $12.50 per month......

> That's $150 yr! I wouldn't pay giganews $12.50 yr. It's by far the
> worst usenet service I've had to use. There has to be something
> better.
>
> nb

It's better than Supernews...

Supernews is screwed.

I've had _no_ problems whatsoever with Giganews.

I guess it's YMMV.....
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2006-07-17, Dave Smith > wrote:
>
> > Bummer Kathy. My ISP dropped news groups last month.

> This trend is going to continue. Usenet (newsgroups) is the *******
> stepchild of the net, an outdated artifact of the original internet
> and it's community of university/lab geeks. Now, with it's binary
> groups, it can consume ungodly amounts of bandwidth and still generate
> zero revenue. It's no wonder more ISP's are dumping or charging extra
> for it. I don't imagine there will be too many "freebies" around much
> longer. That, or they will be "no-binary" offerings. But, I think
> $10-12 per month is ridiculous. I can see $25-50 a year, but no more.
> Too many website forums to tolerate that level of greed.
>
> nb

Newsgroups consume bandwidth that they want to use for "premium
services". They also can't sell advertising on newsgroups. I expect if
they persist in this ill conceived direction they will see a resulting
"Internet implosion" as a large number of consumers get fed up with
being charged more and more to be bombarded by more and more advertising
spam.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2006-07-17, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > What would you suggest in their place?

> Try this:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/index.php

Okay.

I've been seeing that comment more and more lately, so I may have to
remember to switch up...

How do you feel about tinypic?

> It takes you back to itself and shows the original link for a few
> seconds. But, you gotta pay attention. Here's an example:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?V6D526B6D
>
> nb

I know it's not cheap, but I really like giganews. ;-)
My usenet access, to me, is worth paying for.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Myraide" > wrote:

> i have been using google groups for a couple years, and am very happy
> with it. it may take some getting used to, but it did not take me long
> to get used to what it costs as far as money out of pocket! the one
> downside, there is no killfile...if you don't want to read someone's
> posting, you must just *ignore* it. myraide

Major drawback, it does not support binaries groups and I belong to a
graphic art list. I also like to collect pics off of
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, and participating in the food binaries
newsgroup is fun too.

I'd rather not live without the binaries groups!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet a écrit :

> I use tinyurl's a lot in my posts too, the reason being is that some
> URL's are so large, they "break" and won't work when you click on them
> so you have to examine them and fix the breaks...
>
> What would you suggest in their place?

Xnews has a wraparound feature for pasting long lines.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet a écrit :
>
> > I use tinyurl's a lot in my posts too, the reason being is that some
> > URL's are so large, they "break" and won't work when you click on them
> > so you have to examine them and fix the breaks...
> >
> > What would you suggest in their place?

> Xnews has a wraparound feature for pasting long lines.

I use MT Newswatcher...

The current version actually does not cause problems, but the last one
did. There are other newsreaders that have the same problem, and not
everybody upgrades as often as they should. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16 Jul 2006 23:39:59 -0700, "Kathy-in-NZ" >
wrote:

>You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
>around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
>loquacious.

I remember you! Judging from the number of responses you've received
(which I haven't read yet), you'll find a way to use Free Agent again.
Good to see you!

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Get an account at the German news server http://www.individual.net
>It used to be free; now it cost 10 EUR per year. My ISP has a news
>server but I like individual.net better.

Ditto that.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

oups.com...
:
: My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
: so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
: group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
: so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
: in future.
:
: Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
: work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
: lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
: know it.
:
: Kathy-in-NZ

Gidday Kathy. I suffered the Xtra crap as well.

In OE set up

nntp.aloe.org

as a New News Group. Works fine and offers all or more than Xtra, although a Tad
slow getting the posts sometimes.

Frenchy
In NZ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kathy-in-NZ" > wrote in message
oups.com...
: You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
: around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
: loquacious.
:
snip

I should have added that nntp.aloe.org is totally free, as most you will find in a
Google search say "Free" but you will probably have to pay after a short period of
time

Frenchy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> Bummer Kathy. My ISP dropped news groups last month.

> This trend is going to continue. Usenet (newsgroups) is the *******
> stepchild of the net, an outdated artifact of the original internet
> and it's community of university/lab geeks. Now, with it's binary
> groups, it can consume ungodly amounts of bandwidth and still generate
> zero revenue. It's no wonder more ISP's are dumping or charging extra
> for it. I don't imagine there will be too many "freebies" around much
> longer. That, or they will be "no-binary" offerings. But, I think
> $10-12 per month is ridiculous. I can see $25-50 a year, but no more.
> Too many website forums to tolerate that level of greed.
>
> nb

This explains a lot of things. At first I believed our great leaders were
opposed to the no holds barred exchange of informatioon and ideas. My
present satellite based ISP has no newgroups. You are probably correct about
bandwidth usage. The news server I now use has dropped a lot of popular
goups and binary groups altogether.

Farmer John

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 04:21:47 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article .com>,
> "Kathy-in-NZ" > wrote:
>
>> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
>> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
>> loquacious.
>>
>> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
>> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
>> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
>> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
>> in future.
>>
>> Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
>> work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
>> lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
>> know it.
>>
>> Kathy-in-NZ

>You don't have to change your ISP...
>Do what I did and purchase Giganews. The account is only costing me
>$12.50 per month and I'm still able to use my favorite newsreader. :-)
>
>You can get used to googlegroups, I had to use it for a month or so
>until I decided to buy giganews.
>
>Hope this helps? :-)

$12.50 a month sounds like a heck of a lot of money just for
newsgroups... the German newsserver costs just about that much for a
whole YEAR and it's great as long as you don't want to get the binary
groups or visit alt.sex.whatever.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abe > wrote in newsd5nb2le74cu8ddjlp88hu87mh9t8n3i88
@4ax.com:

>>If you can access the Internet, you can access a free newsserver.

There
>>are plenty to choose from.....
>>http://tinyurl.com/mu3nn

> Peter, I know you're being helpful, but please don't tinyurls in your
> posts. Security conscious users want to know where they're being
> directed. I personally will never open a tinny without knowing where
> it's going.
> Thanks

I thought it would have been patently obvious that it would have been
about free newsservers.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article .com>,
> "Myraide" > wrote:
>
> > i have been using google groups for a couple years, and am very happy
> > with it. it may take some getting used to, but it did not take me long
> > to get used to what it costs as far as money out of pocket! the one
> > downside, there is no killfile...if you don't want to read someone's
> > posting, you must just *ignore* it. myraide

> Major drawback, it does not support binaries groups and I belong to a
> graphic art list. I also like to collect pics off of
> alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, and participating in the food binaries
> newsgroup is fun too.

You mean there are actually folks out there who are not using the binary
froups for *erotica*...!!!???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abe > wrote in news:v0nob25ip5pgo4430asopbudiap7h8e7n5
@4ax.com:

>>I thought it would have been patently obvious that it would have been
>>about free newsservers.

> So you trust some anonymous stranger on the internet to provide a safe
> link?

I am *far* from anonymous.

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/mug/

or..........(for your benefit, this is the same URL as above)

http://tinyurl.com/s6lfv

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abe wrote:

> >> Peter, I know you're being helpful, but please don't tinyurls in your
> >> posts. Security conscious users want to know where they're being
> >> directed. I personally will never open a tinny without knowing where
> >> it's going.

> >I thought it would have been patently obvious that it would have been
> >about free newsservers.

> So you trust some anonymous stranger on the internet to provide a safe
> link?

That's nothing, you called me a racist!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18 Jul 2006 04:30:35 GMT, PeterL > wrote:

>Abe > wrote in news:v0nob25ip5pgo4430asopbudiap7h8e7n5
:

>> So you trust some anonymous stranger on the internet to provide a safe
>> link?

>I am *far* from anonymous.
>
>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/mug/

I'm not sure I'd trust someone who uses goggles as dental floss. Nope,
pretty sure I wouldn't.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

> On 18 Jul 2006 04:30:35 GMT, PeterL > wrote:
>
>>Abe > wrote in

:

>>> So you trust some anonymous stranger on the internet to provide a

safe
>>> link?

>>I am *far* from anonymous.
>>
>>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/mug/

> I'm not sure I'd trust someone who uses goggles as dental floss. Nope,
> pretty sure I wouldn't.

LOL!! Had my hands full doing up my leg straps :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 04:21:47 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >In article .com>,
> > "Kathy-in-NZ" > wrote:
> >
> >> You probably don't care. You may not remember me. I've been hanging
> >> around for years and post when I have something to say. I'm not
> >> loquacious.
> >>
> >> My effing (strong language for me!) ISP no longer supports newsgroups
> >> so I cannot use my usual newsgroup program (Free Agent) to read this
> >> group. Google groups isn't very friendly. I don't plan to change my ISP
> >> so don't bother suggesting it. I will be an even more occasional poster
> >> in future.
> >>
> >> Sorry if you ask me questions and I seem to ignore you. I will try to
> >> work around this problem. I don't want to post my email address and get
> >> lots of spam. However I'll reveal it to those who genuinely want to
> >> know it.
> >>
> >> Kathy-in-NZ

> >You don't have to change your ISP...
> >Do what I did and purchase Giganews. The account is only costing me
> >$12.50 per month and I'm still able to use my favorite newsreader. :-)
> >
> >You can get used to googlegroups, I had to use it for a month or so
> >until I decided to buy giganews.
> >
> >Hope this helps? :-)

> $12.50 a month sounds like a heck of a lot of money just for
> newsgroups... the German newsserver costs just about that much for a
> whole YEAR and it's great as long as you don't want to get the binary
> groups or visit alt.sex.whatever.

I _do_ want the binary groups...
and not for the porn. Porn is boring.
There are far more interesting binary groups!

I, for one, think it's worth the money.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . net>,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > In article .com>,
> > "Myraide" > wrote:
> >
> > > i have been using google groups for a couple years, and am very happy
> > > with it. it may take some getting used to, but it did not take me long
> > > to get used to what it costs as far as money out of pocket! the one
> > > downside, there is no killfile...if you don't want to read someone's
> > > posting, you must just *ignore* it. myraide

> > Major drawback, it does not support binaries groups and I belong to a
> > graphic art list. I also like to collect pics off of
> > alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, and participating in the food binaries
> > newsgroup is fun too.

> You mean there are actually folks out there who are not using the binary
> froups for *erotica*...!!!???

The three I belong to a

alt.binaries.food
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
alt.binaries.comp-graphics

As I said, there are far and away more interesting binaries groups!
If I want erotica, I'll create my own in person. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Abe > wrote:

> >> Peter, I know you're being helpful, but please don't tinyurls in your
> >> posts. Security conscious users want to know where they're being
> >> directed. I personally will never open a tinny without knowing where
> >> it's going.

> >I thought it would have been patently obvious that it would have been
> >about free newsservers.

> So you trust some anonymous stranger on the internet to provide a safe
> link?

Damn I'm glad I drive a mac...
I don't have to be so paranoid!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
:

http://tinyurl.com/mu3nn

your

where
>> >I thought it would have been patently obvious that it would have

been
>> >about free newsservers.

>> So you trust some anonymous stranger on the internet to provide a

safe
>> link?

> Damn I'm glad I drive a mac...
> I don't have to be so paranoid!

Abe's not paranoid!! It's just evereyone's out to get him!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abe > wrote in news:rhpqb2liadpu26fm87fdvqtn6ttad6r0d5@
4ax.com:

>>> I don't have to be so paranoid!

>>Abe's not paranoid!! It's just evereyone's out to get him!!

> I hear helicopters - they're following me!!

Hang on!! Our Choppers can run on silent. How the hell can you hear them??

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote:
> Abe > wrote in news:rhpqb2liadpu26fm87fdvqtn6ttad6r0d5@
> 4ax.com:

>>> Abe's not paranoid!! It's just evereyone's out to get him!!

>> I hear helicopters - they're following me!!
>>

> Hang on!! Our Choppers can run on silent. How the hell can you hear them??

It's the Chinese!

http://www.theregister.com/2006/07/1...ngtan_mystery/