Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Corn Doodle Burgers

Whereas one recipe contained way too much butter, this one contains way too
much salt! A recipe from the early 1950's Mom cut out of a "women's
magazine". Don't add salt to this. This is my adaptation (shown with *),
such as it is.

Corn Doodle Burgers

1 can red salmon, drained and small bones removed
2 c. corn chips, crushed
1/2 tsp. pepper
2-3 beaten eggs
2 Tbs. sour cream (I've used mayonnaise with the same results)
*1/2 Tbs. onion, minced (I use Penzey's dehydrated minced onion)
*1 clove garlic, minced (I use Penzey's granulated garlic)
*1 tsp. dried parsley

Drain and mash the canned salmon. Blend in all ingredients together in an
mixing bowl and let sit for a bit to reconsitute the onion and garlic.

Form mixture into small patties; you should get about 8 of them out of the
mixture. Heat about 1/4 cup of oil in a 12 inch skillet. Brown four
patties at a time. Turn them after about 3 minutes and fry until both sides
of the patties are golden brown. Remove the patties to a paper plate or
paper towel and cook the remaining patties.

If you have to watch sodium, this recipe is not for you. But it's
absolutely delicious!

Jill