Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default craving meat

So, I'm raiding my cupboards and not too sure what I want to eat. I had
pasta for supper - cheese and crackers for lunch, omelette for breakfast.
But there's something definitely missing.

Then it struck me. I hadn't had meat since Thursday night.

Weird.

Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:
> So, I'm raiding my cupboards and not too sure what I want to eat. I had
> pasta for supper - cheese and crackers for lunch, omelette for breakfast.
> But there's something definitely missing.
>
> Then it struck me. I hadn't had meat since Thursday night.
>
> Weird.
>
> Elaine

I'm in the same boat! I've been craving meat all day but my lack of ac and the
threat of thunderstorms sort of precluded cooking or grilling.

I ate more meat than usual this week but I think reading about everyone's
memorial day plans put the seed in my head.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 29 May 2006 06:27:05p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it The Bubbo?

> elaine wrote:
>> So, I'm raiding my cupboards and not too sure what I want to eat. I
>> had pasta for supper - cheese and crackers for lunch, omelette for
>> breakfast. But there's something definitely missing.
>>
>> Then it struck me. I hadn't had meat since Thursday night.
>>
>> Weird.
>>
>> Elaine
>>

> I'm in the same boat! I've been craving meat all day but my lack of ac
> and the threat of thunderstorms sort of precluded cooking or grilling.
>
> I ate more meat than usual this week but I think reading about
> everyone's memorial day plans put the seed in my head.

We had chicken on Saturday and salmon on Sunday, so today ended up being a
"no meat" day, without regret. On our way back from our mountain trip we
stopped at a farm and bought some wonderful corn on the cob. *That* was
dinner. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"elaine" > wrote:

> So, I'm raiding my cupboards and not too sure what I want to eat. I had
> pasta for supper - cheese and crackers for lunch, omelette for breakfast.
> But there's something definitely missing.
>
> Then it struck me. I hadn't had meat since Thursday night.
>
> Weird.
>
> Elaine

Heh! Most of my meals are planned around a meat entree'.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I've been stocking up for the past couple of weeks as the local
supermarkets have been running their summer-grilling-season meat sales.
The freezer is stacked with portioned-out bags of salmon (farmed and
wild), sirloin, strip, chicken breast, shrimp, and 93% burger.

My Tilia's due for a vacation, and my grill is humming a happy tune.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 29 May 2006 07:17:19p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
ntantiques?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Mon 29 May 2006 06:27:05p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it The
>> Bubbo?

>> > I'm in the same boat! I've been craving meat all day but my lack of
>> > ac and the threat of thunderstorms sort of precluded cooking or
>> > grilling.
>> >
>> > I ate more meat than usual this week but I think reading about
>> > everyone's memorial day plans put the seed in my head.

>> We had chicken on Saturday and salmon on Sunday, so today ended up
>> being a "no meat" day, without regret. On our way back from our
>> mountain trip we stopped at a farm and bought some wonderful corn on
>> the cob. *That* was dinner. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬ _____________________

> Oh you lucky devil - way too early for fresh corn on the cob in Oregon.
> After a couple of balmy weeks that had the farmers all excited, we've
> been deluged with rain for the last week. Must have bailed over a foot
> of water out of the containers on the back deck. My tomatoes have gone
> into a holding pattern & I'm hoping the local corn and strawberries
> haven't been damaged.

We have no rain, only irrigation. Too bad all that rain can't be evened
out somehow.

We've had local corn in the stores since sometime in April, but that's AZ
for you. Tomatoes, too. The local berries have not been all that great,
however. With our climate we manage several crop successive crops per
growing season, and usually the berry crop is good later on.

> Finally have a gorgeous sunny day for Memorial Day - DH is doing duty
> at the BBQ finishing off some ribs & I'd kill for some sweet corn to go
> with it. Food of the Gods.

The *perfect* combination! I love ribs, but haven't had any in quite a
while. I have to put that on the agenda for sometime soon.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Mon 29 May 2006 06:27:05p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it The Bubbo?
>
> > elaine wrote:
> >> So, I'm raiding my cupboards and not too sure what I want to eat. I
> >> had pasta for supper - cheese and crackers for lunch, omelette for
> >> breakfast. But there's something definitely missing.
> >>
> >> Then it struck me. I hadn't had meat since Thursday night.
> >>
> >> Weird.
> >>
> >> Elaine
> >>

> > I'm in the same boat! I've been craving meat all day but my lack of ac
> > and the threat of thunderstorms sort of precluded cooking or grilling.
> >
> > I ate more meat than usual this week but I think reading about
> > everyone's memorial day plans put the seed in my head.

> We had chicken on Saturday and salmon on Sunday, so today ended up being a
> "no meat" day, without regret. On our way back from our mountain trip we
> stopped at a farm and bought some wonderful corn on the cob. *That* was
> dinner. :-)

I've had *plenty* dinners that were just corn on the cob. It's good, it's
light, and as my husband says (In an almost British voice), "I will shit
easy in the morning!"

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...

> > > I'm in the same boat! I've been craving meat all day but my lack of ac
> > > and the threat of thunderstorms sort of precluded cooking or grilling.
> > >
> > > I ate more meat than usual this week but I think reading about
> > > everyone's memorial day plans put the seed in my head.

> > We had chicken on Saturday and salmon on Sunday, so today ended up being a
> > "no meat" day, without regret. On our way back from our mountain trip we
> > stopped at a farm and bought some wonderful corn on the cob. *That* was
> > dinner. :-)
> >

> I've had *plenty* dinners that were just corn on the cob. It's good, it's
> light, and as my husband says (In an almost British voice), "I will shit
> easy in the morning!"
>
> kili

<snicker> I know exactly what he means....
Best cure for the "C" word that there is. ;-D

We had corn on the cob yesterday. It was 5 for $1.00 and OH so sweet!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 May 2006 06:08:05a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it kilikini?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> On Mon 29 May 2006 06:27:05p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it The
>> Bubbo?

>> > I'm in the same boat! I've been craving meat all day but my lack of
>> > ac and the threat of thunderstorms sort of precluded cooking or
>> > grilling.
>> >
>> > I ate more meat than usual this week but I think reading about
>> > everyone's memorial day plans put the seed in my head.

>> We had chicken on Saturday and salmon on Sunday, so today ended up
>> being a "no meat" day, without regret. On our way back from our
>> mountain trip we stopped at a farm and bought some wonderful corn on
>> the cob. *That* was dinner. :-)
>>

> I've had *plenty* dinners that were just corn on the cob. It's good,
> it's light, and as my husband says (In an almost British voice), "I will
> shit easy in the morning!"
>
> kili

LOL! 'tis true!

--

Wayne Boatwright

"How can a nation be great if it's bread taste like Kleenex?"

Julia Child