Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default deep fried cod

Please help, I have a deep frier and now I have been asked to deep fry
6oz cod fillets...I was told the temp should be 350 degrees but not how
long I should leave the cod in the frier?
Thank you

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"farabuto" > wrote:

> Please help, I have a deep frier and now I have been asked to deep fry
> 6oz cod fillets...I was told the temp should be 350 degrees but not how
> long I should leave the cod in the frier?
> Thank you

Until the coating is golden brown.
6 oz. fillets?
I'd say 3 to 4 minutes.

Deep fryers cook fast! :-)

Adjust time for thickness of the meat.....
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Until the coating is golden brown.
> 6 oz. fillets?
> I'd say 3 to 4 minutes.
>
> Deep fryers cook fast! :-)
>
> Adjust time for thickness of the meat.....

The thickness of the meat won't have much eefect
on how long it takes to get golden brown, so you
are giving contradictory instructions here.

Also, if your deep fryer cooks very fast,
you're running too hot. Better advice
would be to run cooler for thicker meat,
so that the heat has more time to penetrate,
assuming you're shooting for the same color
on the outside.