Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chutney for all occasions [Was: The Indian Mom]

Found this in aus.jokes this evening. As it has an association with
food I thought it appropriate to re-post it here -- especially as RFC
has become something of a haven for humorous material lately.
[Actually, I'd already seen this one a few years ago; so I apologise
to those of you here who have too.]

In article >, "Dhana Nair"
> wrote:

>Mom comes to visit her son Kumar for dinner...who lives with a girl roommate
>Sunita. During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice
>how pretty Kumar's, roommate was. She had long been suspicious of a
>relationship between the two, and this had only made her more curious. Over
>the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to
>wonder if there was more between Kumar and his roommate than met the eye
>Reading his mom's thoughts, Kumar volunteered, "I know what you must be
>thinking, but I assure you, Sunita and I are just roommates." About a week
>later, Sunita came to Kumar saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner,
>I've been unable to find the silver chutney jar. You don't suppose she took
>it, do you?" "Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure." So he
>sat down and wrote : Dear Mother: I'm not saying that you 'did' take the
>chutney jar from my house, I'm not saying that you 'did not' take the
>chutney jar. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you
>were here for dinner. Love, Kumar Several days later, Kumar received an
>email from his Mother which readear Son: I'm not saying that you 'do'
>sleep with Sunita, and I'm not saying that you do not' sleep with Sunita.
>But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have
>found the chutney jar by now. Love, Mom. ...

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID