Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Default Retro Happy Hour Cocktail Meatballs

In the chat room I promised someone (Chris maybe??) that I would post the
recipe for the cocktail meatballs with cranberry sauce when I found the
cookbook they were in. I found the cookbook and here's the embarassingly easy
recipe (I should have remembered, I've made them more than once) it's really
just a play on the grape jelly/chili sauce meatballs.

From the Retro Happy Hour Cookbook

1 16oz can jellied cranberry sauce
1 12 oz bottle chili sauce
3 tbl brown sugar
2 tbl lemon juce

Mix together, toss in crock pot, add cooked meatballs. I regularly serve this
with fake meat meatballs for my vegetarian guests and no one can really tell
the difference.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:52:23 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

>In the chat room I promised someone (Chris maybe??) that I would post the
>recipe for the cocktail meatballs with cranberry sauce when I found the
>cookbook they were in. I found the cookbook and here's the embarassingly easy
>recipe (I should have remembered, I've made them more than once) it's really
>just a play on the grape jelly/chili sauce meatballs.

It was me!

Thanks!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Christine Dabney wrote:

> It was me!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Christine

Huzzah!
After I saw the recipe I realized I should have just remembered it, but I'm
kind of a dork that way. Sorry about the wait.

Ironically, it was on my cookbook shelf, I just didn't see it because I
thought it was teal but the front is teal and the spine is orangey. I'm a
dork.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester

The Bubbo wrote:

> it's really
> just a play on the grape jelly/chili sauce meatballs.
>
> From the Retro Happy Hour Cookbook
>
> 1 16oz can jellied cranberry sauce
> 1 12 oz bottle chili sauce
> 3 tbl brown sugar
> 2 tbl lemon juce
>
> Mix together, toss in crock pot, add cooked meatballs. I regularly serve this
> with fake meat meatballs for my vegetarian guests and no one can really tell
> the difference.

The combination sounds tastier (less sweet) than the grape jelly version.

gloria p