Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Default comfort food revisited

My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
competently than the majority of people who participate here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

sf wrote:
> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
> that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
> course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
> apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
> throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
> Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
> option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
> for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
> competently than the majority of people who participate here.

How would you know how competently the majority of the people here
cook? Have you eaten at everyone's home?
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 21 Jan 2006 09:53:56p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
> that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
> course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
> apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
> throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
> Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
> option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
> for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
> competently than the majority of people who participate here.

Perhaps she should blink an eye and swallow a can of whatever's at hand. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene

On 22 Jan 2006 06:10:21 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat 21 Jan 2006 09:53:56p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?
>
>> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
>> that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
>> course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
>> apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
>> throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
>> Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
>> option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
>> for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
>> competently than the majority of people who participate here.

>Perhaps she should blink an eye and swallow a can of whatever's at hand. :-)

Don't you ever have specific urges when you're sick?

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 21 Jan 2006 10:11:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it serene?

> On 22 Jan 2006 06:10:21 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat 21 Jan 2006 09:53:56p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?
>>
>>> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
>>> that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
>>> course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
>>> apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
>>> throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
>>> Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
>>> option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
>>> for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
>>> competently than the majority of people who participate here.

>>Perhaps she should blink an eye and swallow a can of whatever's at hand.
>>:-)

> Don't you ever have specific urges when you're sick?

Yes, of course, but if I were visiting someone and they offered me another
brand of the same thing, I'd accept. No point in being a PITA.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

sf wrote:
> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
> that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
> course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
> apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
> throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
> Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
> option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
> for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
> competently than the majority of people who participate here.

Sorry for her ouchie! I always preferred Lipton Noodle Soup - not the
chicken noodle one, just the noodle soup. Basically salty chicken broth and
noodles. With lots of crackers to dunk and get all mushy.

Too bad she can't do store brand tomato soup and grilled cheese sammich

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

sf > wrote in
:

> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
> that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
> course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
> apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
> throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
> Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
> option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
> for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
> competently than the majority of people who participate here.

So she was being a baby about it. I'm the same. If I get a cold I go for
the campbell's chicken noodle soup. Quick, tastes great with saltines,
feel like a kid for a while. Nothing wrong with that, imho.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

-L. wrote:
> sf wrote:
>> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
>> that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
>> course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
>> apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
>> throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
>> Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
>> option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
>> for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
>> competently than the majority of people who participate here.

> How would you know how competently the majority of the people here
> cook? Have you eaten at everyone's home?
> -L.

Don't get your knickers in a twist Lots of people on rfc have met and
eaten at each others homes. Then there is simply - hey!- someone posted a
recipe and tried it. Oh, and some have shipped stuff, like Barb's jam or
Margaret's Hamantaschen. If I liked mustard I'd be begging for some of
Pam's mustard to slather on corned beef. Way back when, Kendall F. Stratton
shipped me hand-picked fiddlehead ferns. These things scream *competent*.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

jmcquown wrote on 22 Jan 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> -L. wrote:
> > sf wrote:
> >> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth
> >> implant that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue....
> >> which, of course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC)
> >> but apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say
> >> her throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any
> >> Campbell's Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO -
> >> that wasn't an option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person
> >> who does parties for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes
> >> from more cuisines competently than the majority of people who
> >> participate here.

> > How would you know how competently the majority of the people here
> > cook? Have you eaten at everyone's home?
> > -L.

> Don't get your knickers in a twist Lots of people on rfc have met
> and eaten at each others homes. Then there is simply - hey!- someone
> posted a recipe and tried it. Oh, and some have shipped stuff, like
> Barb's jam or Margaret's Hamantaschen. If I liked mustard I'd be
> begging for some of Pam's mustard to slather on corned beef. Way back
> when, Kendall F. Stratton shipped me hand-picked fiddlehead ferns.
> These things scream *competent*.
>
> Jill

Yeah...we are all incompetent...that's why this group is so widely read.
Real competent people read this group and then know what not to do and
why...

Get a clue.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sat 21 Jan 2006 10:11:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
> serene?
>
> > On 22 Jan 2006 06:10:21 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> > <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Perhaps she should blink an eye and swallow a can of whatever's
> > > at hand. :-)

> > Don't you ever have specific urges when you're sick?

> Yes, of course, but if I were visiting someone and they offered me
> another brand of the same thing, I'd accept. No point in being a
> PITA.

There's nothing at all wrong with declining an offer. Why should should
eat something she doesn't enjoy?

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On 22 Jan 2006 06:26:25 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sat 21 Jan 2006 10:11:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it serene?
>
> > On 22 Jan 2006 06:10:21 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> > <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>On Sat 21 Jan 2006 09:53:56p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> >>Perhaps she should blink an eye and swallow a can of whatever's at hand.
> >>:-)

> > Don't you ever have specific urges when you're sick?

> Yes, of course, but if I were visiting someone and they offered me another
> brand of the same thing, I'd accept. No point in being a PITA.

Hey, she was on the road and about to stop at the grocery store...
just checking to see if we had any, that's all. If that's being a
PITA, you need a serious education in pain giving.

I was merely laughing about her wanting Campbell's chicken soup as
comfort food. She makes a killer chicken noodle soup (right down to
the homemade noodles and matzo balls), but she still wanted the canned
stuff. Sorry I mentioned it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 04:27:07 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
> > that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
> > course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
> > apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
> > throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
> > Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
> > option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
> > for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
> > competently than the majority of people who participate here.

> Sorry for her ouchie! I always preferred Lipton Noodle Soup - not the
> chicken noodle one, just the noodle soup. Basically salty chicken broth and
> noodles. With lots of crackers to dunk and get all mushy.
>
> Too bad she can't do store brand tomato soup and grilled cheese sammich
>
> Jill

I'm in the Lipton camp too.

She brought home the Campbells and a couple of frozen soups.... so we
ended up slurping some tomato basil instead. I would have called my
dentist for her yesterday, but she was out shopping all day. It's one
of those things - bite your tongue once and it swells so you keep
biting it. Been there, done that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 12:41:37p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> On 22 Jan 2006 06:26:25 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Sat 21 Jan 2006 10:11:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> serene?

>> > Don't you ever have specific urges when you're sick?

>> Yes, of course, but if I were visiting someone and they offered me
>> another brand of the same thing, I'd accept. No point in being a
>> PITA.

> Hey, she was on the road and about to stop at the grocery store...
> just checking to see if we had any, that's all.

It didn't come across that way, the way you wrote it.

If that's being a
> PITA, you need a serious education in pain giving.

Still, if I were visiting in someone's home and asked if they had any
chicken soup, I would have gratefully accepted what they offered.

> I was merely laughing about her wanting Campbell's chicken soup as
> comfort food. She makes a killer chicken noodle soup (right down to
> the homemade noodles and matzo balls), but she still wanted the canned
> stuff. Sorry I mentioned it.

Regardless of how well you cook or how many people you entertain, when you
don't feel well it's sometimes the most basic of things you feel comforted
by.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 12:54:07p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 04:27:07 -0600, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>> > My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
>> > that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
>> > course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
>> > apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
>> > throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
>> > Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
>> > option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
>> > for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more
>> > cuisines competently than the majority of people who participate
>> > here.

>> Sorry for her ouchie! I always preferred Lipton Noodle Soup - not the
>> chicken noodle one, just the noodle soup. Basically salty chicken
>> broth and noodles. With lots of crackers to dunk and get all mushy.
>>
>> Too bad she can't do store brand tomato soup and grilled cheese
>> sammich
>>
>> Jill

> I'm in the Lipton camp too.
>
> She brought home the Campbells and a couple of frozen soups.... so we
> ended up slurping some tomato basil instead. I would have called my
> dentist for her yesterday, but she was out shopping all day. It's one
> of those things - bite your tongue once and it swells so you keep
> biting it. Been there, done that.

Personally, I don't like *any* canned soup with noodles in it. I prefer
Mrs. Weiss' Chicken Kluski Noodle Soup Mix. Under the circustamces,
though, any port in a storm. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 12:54:07p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

>>> implant > that isn't quite right so she's been biting her
>>> tongue.... which, of > course, is quite painful. I've given her
>>> lidocane (OTC) but > apparently it hasn't worked wonders because
>>> she called to say her > throat hurts now and she wanted to know if
>>> we had any Campbell's > Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered
>>> Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an > option. She needs Campbell's.
>>> This is the person who does parties > for 40-60 without blinking
>>> an eye and cooks dishes from more > cuisines competently than the
>>> majority of people who participate > here.
>>>
>>> Sorry for her ouchie! I always preferred Lipton Noodle Soup - not
>>> the chicken noodle one, just the noodle soup. Basically salty
>>> chicken broth and noodles. With lots of crackers to dunk and get
>>> all mushy.
>>>
>>> Too bad she can't do store brand tomato soup and grilled cheese
>>> sammich
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I'm in the Lipton camp too.
>>

> Personally, I don't like *any* canned soup with noodles in it. I
> prefer Mrs. Weiss' Chicken Kluski Noodle Soup Mix. Under the
> circustamces, though, any port in a storm. :-)

Lipton's is dried soup mix. Campbell's came along later with their dried
soup mixture. I agree with you on canned noodles... yuk and yuk! Mom
bought Campbell's Beef Noodle soup once. I have no idea why it is still
sold; it's disgusting.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 01:21:38p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it jmcquown?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> I'm in the Lipton camp too.
>>>

>> Personally, I don't like *any* canned soup with noodles in it. I
>> prefer Mrs. Weiss' Chicken Kluski Noodle Soup Mix. Under the
>> circustamces, though, any port in a storm. :-)

> Lipton's is dried soup mix. Campbell's came along later with their dried
> soup mixture. I agree with you on canned noodles... yuk and yuk! Mom
> bought Campbell's Beef Noodle soup once. I have no idea why it is still
> sold; it's disgusting.

I've used Lipton's dried soup mix many times, but Mrs. Weiss' is much
better, IMHO. It's not widely distributed, but if you can find it, you
should give it a try. The noodles are much better.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 01:21:38p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
> jmcquown?
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 12:54:07p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

>>> Personally, I don't like *any* canned soup with noodles in it. I
>>> prefer Mrs. Weiss' Chicken Kluski Noodle Soup Mix. Under the
>>> circustamces, though, any port in a storm. :-)

>> Lipton's is dried soup mix. Campbell's came along later with their
>> dried soup mixture. I agree with you on canned noodles... yuk and
>> yuk! Mom bought Campbell's Beef Noodle soup once. I have no idea
>> why it is still sold; it's disgusting.

> I've used Lipton's dried soup mix many times, but Mrs. Weiss' is much
> better, IMHO. It's not widely distributed, but if you can find it,
> you should give it a try. The noodles are much better.

I'll just make my own, thanks

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 01:47:38p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it jmcquown?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 01:21:38p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> jmcquown?

>>> Lipton's is dried soup mix. Campbell's came along later with their
>>> dried soup mixture. I agree with you on canned noodles... yuk and
>>> yuk! Mom bought Campbell's Beef Noodle soup once. I have no idea
>>> why it is still sold; it's disgusting.

>> I've used Lipton's dried soup mix many times, but Mrs. Weiss' is much
>> better, IMHO. It's not widely distributed, but if you can find it,
>> you should give it a try. The noodles are much better.

> I'll just make my own, thanks
>
> Jill

I thought you just said you preferred Lipton Noodle Soup mix. If my intent
is to make a pot of soup, I make it from scratch. If I need something
quick, it's Mrs. Weiss'.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 01:47:38p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
> jmcquown?
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 01:21:38p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>>> jmcquown?

>>> I've used Lipton's dried soup mix many times, but Mrs. Weiss' is
>>> much better, IMHO. It's not widely distributed, but if you can
>>> find it,
>>> you should give it a try. The noodles are much better.

>> I'll just make my own, thanks
>>
>> Jill
>>

> I thought you just said you preferred Lipton Noodle Soup mix. If my
> intent is to make a pot of soup, I make it from scratch. If I need
> something quick, it's Mrs. Weiss'.

I prefer Lipton vs. Campbell's but if all is said and done I'll make my own
noodle soup. I've never seen/heard of Mrs. Weiss' in the Memphis area.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 22 Jan 2006 05:00:57p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it jmcquown?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Sun 22 Jan 2006 01:47:38p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> jmcquown?

>>> I'll just make my own, thanks
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> I thought you just said you preferred Lipton Noodle Soup mix. If my
>> intent is to make a pot of soup, I make it from scratch. If I need
>> something quick, it's Mrs. Weiss'.

> I prefer Lipton vs. Campbell's but if all is said and done I'll make my
> own noodle soup. I've never seen/heard of Mrs. Weiss' in the Memphis
> area.
>
> Jill

Gotcha. Me, as well, but I keep a box for a quick bowl. Mrs' Weiss' is
only distributed in the Northeast, I believe.

http://tinyurl.com/c3w8k

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

jmcquown wrote:
> -L. wrote:
> > sf wrote:
> >> My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
> >> that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
> >> course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
> >> apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
> >> throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
> >> Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
> >> option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
> >> for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
> >> competently than the majority of people who participate here.

> > How would you know how competently the majority of the people here
> > cook? Have you eaten at everyone's home?
> > -L.

> Don't get your knickers in a twist

They aren't in a twist. It just seems like a really assinine
statement.

> Lots of people on rfc have met and
> eaten at each others homes. Then there is simply - hey!- someone posted a
> recipe and tried it. Oh, and some have shipped stuff, like Barb's jam or
> Margaret's Hamantaschen. If I liked mustard I'd be begging for some of
> Pam's mustard to slather on corned beef. Way back when, Kendall F. Stratton
> shipped me hand-picked fiddlehead ferns. These things scream *competent*.

Only if you have really eaten them and know for sure that the one who
prepared them *is* competent. No offense, but someone may have a lot
of followers or experience and still cook food that tastes like shit.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...

> So she was being a baby about it. I'm the same. If I get a cold I go for
> the campbell's chicken noodle soup. Quick, tastes great with saltines,
> feel like a kid for a while. Nothing wrong with that, imho.

I'm even more of a baby....Campbell's chicken and stars for me! Only when
sick, though. Otherwise, I don't really like chicken noodle soup.

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

-L. wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> -L. wrote:
>>>
>>> How would you know how competently the majority of the people here
>>> cook? Have you eaten at everyone's home?
>>> -L.

>> Don't get your knickers in a twist

> They aren't in a twist. It just seems like a really assinine
> statement.
>
>> Lots of people on rfc have met and
>> eaten at each others homes. Then there is simply - hey!- someone
>> posted a recipe and tried it. Oh, and some have shipped stuff, like
>> Barb's jam or Margaret's Hamantaschen. If I liked mustard I'd be
>> begging for some of Pam's mustard to slather on corned beef. Way
>> back when, Kendall F. Stratton shipped me hand-picked fiddlehead
>> ferns. These things scream *competent*.

> Only if you have really eaten them

(with the exception of mustard, which I don't like, I have)

and know for sure that the one who
> prepared them *is* competent. No offense, but someone may have a lot
> of followers or experience and still cook food that tastes like shit.
>
> -L.

True, but I'd be the first one to try something (a recipe, an item shipped
to me by an rfc'r, etc.) and say, "Well sorry, but I didn't like it." We
don't all have to like the same things. That's the enchantment of this
group.

TINC,
Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

-L. wrote:
> sf wrote:
> > My exSIL has been visiting since last week. She has a tooth implant
> > that isn't quite right so she's been biting her tongue.... which, of
> > course, is quite painful. I've given her lidocane (OTC) but
> > apparently it hasn't worked wonders because she called to say her
> > throat hurts now and she wanted to know if we had any Campbell's
> > Chicken Soup. I don't, but offered Udon.... OH NO - that wasn't an
> > option. She needs Campbell's. This is the person who does parties
> > for 40-60 without blinking an eye and cooks dishes from more cuisines
> > competently than the majority of people who participate here.

> How would you know how competently the majority of the people here
> cook? Have you eaten at everyone's home?
> -L.

Don't need to eat at their homes, just read their posts... after
reading for years there are plenty of clues, like who always seems to
be inquiring how long is meat safe left out on the counter, and whose
seasoning cupboard is filled with condensed soups, and who cooks
mystery meat, and who lives practically exclusively (when it's not fast
food joints) on crock pot slop. And even if many have eaten at each
others homes, how accurately can one mystery meat eater judge another
mystery meat eater... I find it ludicrous that the same folks who do
mystery meat slow cooker w/cream of shroom type dishes all year all of
a sudden at holiday times become mavens with USDA Prime rib... yeah,
right... just doesn't compute, and if it doesn't compute time after
time it just ain't so... strange how BBQ chickens from the deli can
time after time morph into rib roast and goose... I guess it's easy
when they have FoodTV keyboards. <G>