Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

Default Pork Tenderloin Roast with pineapples and apples

For Ophelia and all the people interested.
here is my recipe of:

PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST with apples and pineapple

Category: Meat
Nb persons: 10

1 pork tenderloin - (a piece of about 2 kg
-without bones)
2 hg pork fat - sliced (for wrapping the piece of
-meat)
50 g bacon - (cut in thick pieces)
2 apples - (Renette variety)
1 pineapple - (fresh or canned)
1 hot chili pepper - (small)
6 leaves sage - fresh or dry
1 tbs flour
3 medium onions
1/2 cup Rum
1 1/2 cups broth
oil
salt
pepper
For the marinade:
3/4 cup olive oil - EVOO
2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup mixed herbs - sage, rosmarine, thyme,
-majoran, savory and what you want...
1/2 cup rum

1 day before, prepare the pork tenderloin: wrap it with thin slices of pork
fat; put over a branch of rosmary and tie all the things with cooking
string. You can ask the butcher to prepare it for you.
Then put the piece of meat in a large bowl and cover with the marinade
ingredients. Cover and put in the fridge for 1 day, turning it every 3-4
hours.
Next day: drip the meat and brown it (both sides) in a pan with some oil,
the pieces of bacon, chopped onions and the sage leaves.
When it is browned , evaporate with Rum; add 1 pitch of salt, hot chili
pepper and broth; cover and cook at low fire for about 40 minutes.
After 30 minutes , take away the meat (keeping the sauce) and let it cool
over a tray.
When the pork tenderloin is cold, put it over a chopping board, untie and
cut it in slices (5-6 mm thick). Put slices in a baking pan alternating them
with a pineapple slice. wet the meat with the sauce of the previously
cooking (to which you have add a tbs of flour)
Put in the oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. At 10 minutes from the end
add quarters of apples.
Serve hot or cool with roasted potatoes
Note: if you see that meat is burning, cover it with alluminium paper or add
other broth.

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
Calories 272kcal
Protein 1g (3%)
Total Fat 19g (29%)
Sat. 3g (15%)
Chol. 3mg (1%)
Carb. 14g (5%)
Fiber 2g (7%)
Sugars 9g
Calcium 18mg (2%)
Iron 1mg (3%)

----------

Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)

Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

Thank you very much)

"Pandora" > wrote in message
> For Ophelia and all the people interested.
> here is my recipe of:
>

> PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST with apples and pineapple
>
> Category: Meat
> Nb persons: 10
>
> 1 pork tenderloin - (a piece of about 2 kg
> -without bones)
> 2 hg pork fat - sliced (for wrapping the piece of
> -meat)
> 50 g bacon - (cut in thick pieces)
> 2 apples - (Renette variety)
> 1 pineapple - (fresh or canned)
> 1 hot chili pepper - (small)
> 6 leaves sage - fresh or dry
> 1 tbs flour
> 3 medium onions
> 1/2 cup Rum
> 1 1/2 cups broth
> oil
> salt
> pepper
> For the marinade:
> 3/4 cup olive oil - EVOO
> 2 tsp black pepper
> 1/2 cup mixed herbs - sage, rosmarine, thyme,
> -majoran, savory and what you want...
> 1/2 cup rum
>
> 1 day before, prepare the pork tenderloin: wrap it with thin slices of
> pork fat; put over a branch of rosmary and tie all the things with
> cooking string. You can ask the butcher to prepare it for you.
> Then put the piece of meat in a large bowl and cover with the marinade
> ingredients. Cover and put in the fridge for 1 day, turning it every
> 3-4 hours.
> Next day: drip the meat and brown it (both sides) in a pan with some
> oil, the pieces of bacon, chopped onions and the sage leaves.
> When it is browned , evaporate with Rum; add 1 pitch of salt, hot
> chili pepper and broth; cover and cook at low fire for about 40
> minutes.
> After 30 minutes , take away the meat (keeping the sauce) and let it
> cool over a tray.
> When the pork tenderloin is cold, put it over a chopping board, untie
> and cut it in slices (5-6 mm thick). Put slices in a baking pan
> alternating them with a pineapple slice. wet the meat with the sauce
> of the previously cooking (to which you have add a tbs of flour)
> Put in the oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. At 10 minutes from the
> end add quarters of apples.
> Serve hot or cool with roasted potatoes
> Note: if you see that meat is burning, cover it with alluminium paper
> or add other broth.
>
> Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
> Calories 272kcal
> Protein 1g (3%)
> Total Fat 19g (29%)
> Sat. 3g (15%)
> Chol. 3mg (1%)
> Carb. 14g (5%)
> Fiber 2g (7%)
> Sugars 9g
> Calcium 18mg (2%)
> Iron 1mg (3%)
>
> ----------
>
> Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)
>
> Cheers
> Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Allan Matthews

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:54:13 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>For Ophelia and all the people interested.
>here is my recipe of:
>

> PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST with apples and pineapple

Is this Pork Tenderloin or Pork Loin? A 2 Kg . (4.4 pound) pork
tenderloin would be a lot larger than any I have ever seen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. uk...
> Thank you very much)

You are very welcome! I have had some problems (and I actually have some
problems with my PC). I hope you will enjoy this recipe which had a lot of
success in our family )

Greetings and have a good year
Pandora

> [...]
>> When it is browned , evaporate with Rum; add 1 pitch of salt, hot chili
>> pepper and broth; cover and cook at low fire for about 40 minutes.
>> After 30 minutes , take away the meat (keeping the sauce) and let it cool
>> over a tray.
>> When the pork tenderloin is cold, put it over a chopping board, untie and
>> cut it in slices (5-6 mm thick). Put slices in a baking pan alternating
>> them with a pineapple slice. wet the meat with the sauce of the
>> previously cooking (to which you have add a tbs of flour)
>> Put in the oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. At 10 minutes from the end
>> add quarters of apples.
>> Serve hot or cool with roasted potatoes
>> Note: if you see that meat is burning, cover it with alluminium paper or
>> add other broth.
>>
>> Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel messaggio
news
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:54:13 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>>For Ophelia and all the people interested.
>>here is my recipe of:
>>

>> PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST with apples and pineapple

> Is this Pork Tenderloin or Pork Loin? A 2 Kg . (4.4 pound) pork
> tenderloin would be a lot larger than any I have ever seen.

Would you please explain to me the difference between a pork tenderloin and
a pork loin?
here in Italy they seems to be the same things. But perhaps I Am wrong !
TIA
Pandora
Ps. I have buyed a pork tenderloin. In Italy we call it " Filetto di maiale"
.. It is without bones. Because we call the one with bones "Carrč di maiale",
which is the same part but with bones.
What you call "Loin" is "Lonza" for Italians. And is "Filetto di maiale". So
Loin and filetto are the same things. If there is an Italian in this NG, who
can prove the contrary is welcome.
I would like to know the differences ...if they exist.
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Allan Matthews

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:26:36 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>"Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>news
>> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:54:13 +0100, "Pandora" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>For Ophelia and all the people interested.
>>>here is my recipe of:
>>>

>>> PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST with apples and pineapple

>> Is this Pork Tenderloin or Pork Loin? A 2 Kg . (4.4 pound) pork
>> tenderloin would be a lot larger than any I have ever seen.

>Would you please explain to me the difference between a pork tenderloin and
>a pork loin?
>here in Italy they seems to be the same things. But perhaps I Am wrong !
>TIA
>Pandora
>Ps. I have buyed a pork tenderloin. In Italy we call it " Filetto di maiale"
>. It is without bones. Because we call the one with bones "Carrč di maiale",
>which is the same part but with bones.
>What you call "Loin" is "Lonza" for Italians. And is "Filetto di maiale". So
>Loin and filetto are the same things. If there is an Italian in this NG, who
>can prove the contrary is welcome.
>I would like to know the differences ...if they exist.
>Cheers
>Pandora

Pork Loin is the meat exterior to the ribs and quite close to the
spinal column. Tenderloin is a much smaller muscle that is interior
to the ribs and is located on either side of the spinal column. The
pork loin can be boneless if no portion of the ribs is attached. The
pork tenderloin is generally sold here in the US as a package of two
and would generall not weigh anywhere near 2 Kg. OT.I spent part of
the summer of 1955 in Italy...beutiful country.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
MG

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel
> messaggio news
>> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:54:13 +0100, "Pandora" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>For Ophelia and all the people interested.
>>>here is my recipe of:
>>>

>>> PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST with apples and pineapple

>> Is this Pork Tenderloin or Pork Loin? A 2 Kg . (4.4 pound) pork
>> tenderloin would be a lot larger than any I have ever seen.

> Would you please explain to me the difference between a pork tenderloin
> and a pork loin?
> here in Italy they seems to be the same things. But perhaps I Am wrong !
> TIA
> Pandora
> Ps. I have buyed a pork tenderloin. In Italy we call it " Filetto di
> maiale" . It is without bones. Because we call the one with bones "Carrč
> di maiale", which is the same part but with bones.
> What you call "Loin" is "Lonza" for Italians. And is "Filetto di maiale".
> So Loin and filetto are the same things. If there is an Italian in this
> NG, who can prove the contrary is welcome.
> I would like to know the differences ...if they exist.
> Cheers
> Pandora

Hi Pandora, welcome back and "Felice Anno Nuovo"! :-)

the "filetto di maiale" is the loin of pork...as stated in another post, the
tenderloin would be too small

Regards
Maria

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:26:36 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel
>>messaggio
>>news

>>> Is this Pork Tenderloin or Pork Loin? A 2 Kg . (4.4 pound) pork
>>> tenderloin would be a lot larger than any I have ever seen.

>>Would you please explain to me the difference between a pork tenderloin
>>and
>>a pork loin?
>>here in Italy they seems to be the same things. But perhaps I Am wrong !
>>TIA
>>Pandora
>>Ps. I have buyed a pork tenderloin. In Italy we call it " Filetto di
>>maiale"
>>. It is without bones. Because we call the one with bones "Carrč di
>>maiale",
>>which is the same part but with bones.
>>What you call "Loin" is "Lonza" for Italians. And is "Filetto di maiale".
>>So
>>Loin and filetto are the same things. If there is an Italian in this NG,
>>who
>>can prove the contrary is welcome.
>>I would like to know the differences ...if they exist.
>>Cheers
>>Pandora
>>

> Pork Loin is the meat exterior to the ribs and quite close to the
> spinal column. Tenderloin is a much smaller muscle that is interior
> to the ribs and is located on either side of the spinal column. The
> pork loin can be boneless if no portion of the ribs is attached. The
> pork tenderloin is generally sold here in the US as a package of two
> and would generall not weigh anywhere near 2 Kg. OT.I spent part of
> the summer of 1955 in Italy...beutiful country.

I Am sorry I understand what you say but I don't undestand waht part of the
pork is loin and what is tenderloin. Could you please show me a design?
TIA
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"MG" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news

>>> Is this Pork Tenderloin or Pork Loin? A 2 Kg . (4.4 pound) pork
>>> tenderloin would be a lot larger than any I have ever seen.

>> Would you please explain to me the difference between a pork tenderloin
>> and a pork loin?
>> here in Italy they seems to be the same things. But perhaps I Am wrong !
>> TIA
>> Pandora
>> Ps. I have buyed a pork tenderloin. In Italy we call it " Filetto di
>> maiale" . It is without bones. Because we call the one with bones "Carrč
>> di maiale", which is the same part but with bones.
>> What you call "Loin" is "Lonza" for Italians. And is "Filetto di maiale".
>> So Loin and filetto are the same things. If there is an Italian in this
>> NG, who can prove the contrary is welcome.
>> I would like to know the differences ...if they exist.
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> Hi Pandora, welcome back and "Felice Anno Nuovo"! :-)
>
> the "filetto di maiale" is the loin of pork...as stated in another post,
> the tenderloin would be too small
>
> Regards
> Maria

Helloooooooooo! Maria!!!! Is nice to see you again here!
Post me a photo, please, of a tenderloin! I have googled but it's difficult
to find the meat cut ((
Thank you ! Have a nice Epifany day

--
Have a green Happy New year
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peggy Sullivan

Pandora wrote:
> "Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>>On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:26:36 +0100, "Pandora" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>"Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel
>>>messaggio
>>>news >>>

>>>Would you please explain to me the difference between a pork tenderloin
>>>and
>>>a pork loin?
>>>here in Italy they seems to be the same things. But perhaps I Am wrong !
>>>TIA
>>>Pandora

[snip]
>>Pork Loin is the meat exterior to the ribs and quite close to the
>>spinal column. Tenderloin is a much smaller muscle that is interior
>>to the ribs and is located on either side of the spinal column. The
>>pork loin can be boneless if no portion of the ribs is attached. The
>>pork tenderloin is generally sold here in the US as a package of two
>>and would generall not weigh anywhere near 2 Kg. OT.I spent part of
>>the summer of 1955 in Italy...beutiful country.

> I Am sorry I understand what you say but I don't undestand waht part of the
> pork is loin and what is tenderloin. Could you please show me a design?
> TIA
> Pandora

Here is what they say at Hormel:

http://www.hormel.com/templates/know...emid=34&id=309

"The tenderloin is the leanest and most tender cut of pork. It is
located along the bottom of the loin, starting in the center cut and
running back through the sirloin end. Because of its leanness, care
should be taken so that it is not overcooked. It is available whole or
cut into scallops and medallions."

And here is another picture, with a hand showing the size:

http://web.grcc.cc.mi.us/angus/broad...oadcast09.html

The tenderloin of pork is like the tenderloin of beef, the cut from
which they get filet mignon steaks. The pork loin is like the beef rib
roast -- available either with or without bones.

Peggy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"Pandora" > wrote:

> "Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >> PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST with apples and pineapple

> > Is this Pork Tenderloin or Pork Loin? A 2 Kg . (4.4 pound) pork
> > tenderloin would be a lot larger than any I have ever seen.

> Would you please explain to me the difference between a pork
> tenderloin and a pork loin? here in Italy they seems to be the same
> things. But perhaps I Am wrong !

> TIA
> Pandora

I wondered the same thing, Pandora - about the size. The pork
tenderloin is dark in color and often has a silver skin on one side of
it that needs to be removed before cooking. One that size would come
from a very large piggy. I have seen a pork tender of maybe 2 pounds or
so - maybe 2-1/2 inches in diameter; they can be rather small, too --
perhaps 12 ounces and only about 1-1/2 inches diameter.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"Pandora" > wrote:
(snippage)

> > Hi Pandora, welcome back and "Felice Anno Nuovo"! :-)
> >
> > the "filetto di maiale" is the loin of pork...as stated in another post,
> > the tenderloin would be too small
> >
> > Regards
> > Maria

> Helloooooooooo! Maria!!!! Is nice to see you again here!
> Post me a photo, please, of a tenderloin! I have googled but it's difficult
> to find the meat cut ((
> Thank you ! Have a nice Epifany day

Pandora, when you Google are you using the image search or the web
search? The image search is perfect for this kind of information. From
the google.com homepage, click on 'images' above the search window and
then type in what you are looking for. I did that and typed in "pork
tenderloin" without the quotation marks. The first picture in the
results is a nice one of two pork tenders.

The tenderloin is part of the whole loin and is more tender and is often
removed from it and marketed as a separate piece. Here are a couple
pictures. I see that the in the second one, the boneless loin roast is
also dark in color. I may have misstated in my first post about the
color -- when cooked, the tenderloin is darker than the rest of the loin
roast.

http://www.zenreich.com/ZenWeb/porktenderloin.htm

http://www.porkchops.com/images/Bone...ast,%20Split.j
pg
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Pandora wrote:

> Would you please explain to me the difference between a pork tenderloinand
> a pork loin?
> here in Italy they seems to be the same things. But perhaps I Am wrong !

The tenderloin starts off as part of the pork loin but is usually cut outand
sold separately (in Canada and US). Perhaps in Italy the pork loin roasts still
include the tenderloin. My mother used to by pork loins and cut out the
tenderloin herself.

The pork tenderloin usually no more than 1 foot in length (20 cm) and nomore
than 3 in (8cm) in diameter. It is darker meat than the loin roast, closer to
the colour of a veal chop. The larger end is often partially covered witha
silvery viscera that needs to be trimmed.

> TIA
> Pandora
> Ps. I have buyed a pork tenderloin. In Italy we call it " Filetto di maiale"
> . It is without bones. Because we call the one with bones "Carrč di maiale",
> which is the same part but with bones.
> What you call "Loin" is "Lonza" for Italians. And is "Filetto di maiale". So
> Loin and filetto are the same things. If there is an Italian in this NG, who
> can prove the contrary is welcome.
> I would like to know the differences ...if they exist.
> Cheers
> Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Peggy Sullivan" > ha scritto nel messaggio
news
> Pandora wrote:
>> "Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel
>> messaggio ...

> [snip]
>>>Pork Loin is the meat exterior to the ribs and quite close to the
>>>spinal column. Tenderloin is a much smaller muscle that is interior
>>>to the ribs and is located on either side of the spinal column. The
>>>pork loin can be boneless if no portion of the ribs is attached. The
>>>pork tenderloin is generally sold here in the US as a package of two
>>>and would generall not weigh anywhere near 2 Kg. OT.I spent part of
>>>the summer of 1955 in Italy...beutiful country.

>> I Am sorry I understand what you say but I don't undestand waht part of
>> the pork is loin and what is tenderloin. Could you please show me a
>> design?
>> TIA
>> Pandora

> Here is what they say at Hormel:
>
> http://www.hormel.com/templates/know...emid=34&id=309
>
> "The tenderloin is the leanest and most tender cut of pork. It is located
> along the bottom of the loin, starting in the center cut and running back
> through the sirloin end. Because of its leanness, care should be taken so
> that it is not overcooked. It is available whole or cut into scallops and
> medallions."

I understand! You say that tenderloin is the final part f the loin! But when
I go to the butcher and I ask for a roast of "Lonza di maiale" they give me
....I don't know how you call it, but they give me the part of the pork
without bones, which is called "Filetto". If I ask to the butcher to give me
a medaillon, he will give me the final part of the loin. Which is smaller.
Now you have talked about a certain "sirloin" and I wonder what is this
other cut.
I had a design of the pork cut of meat but now I Am not able to find it
Anyway. I thank you and I think that for my revipe I have used the ...pork
loin?
Is this, but in the photo (I don't know why) you will see a photo of a lamb
"Carrč"
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

> And here is another picture, with a hand showing the size:
>
> http://web.grcc.cc.mi.us/angus/broad...oadcast09.html
>
> The tenderloin of pork is like the tenderloin of beef, the cut from which
> they get filet mignon steaks. The pork loin is like the beef rib roast --
> available either with or without bones.

yes medaillons. i go to the butcher and I ask for medaillons. He will give
me medaillons taken from the final part of the loin.
But if i ask him for a pork tenderloin roast (Arrossto di filetto di
maiale), he wont give me the tenderloin but the bigger part....
Thank you for these clarifications
Cheers and
have a nice new year
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ms. B. Haven

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:47:14 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>I had a design of the pork cut of meat but now I Am not able to find it

Perhaps this will help

http://www.andrewsmeat.com/web_images/pork_cuts.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Melba's Jammin'" > ha scritto nel
messaggio ...
> In article >,
> "Pandora" > wrote:
> (snippage)
>> >
>> > Hi Pandora, welcome back and "Felice Anno Nuovo"! :-)

Grazie!!!

>> > the "filetto di maiale" is the loin of pork...as stated in another
>> > post,
>> > the tenderloin would be too small
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Maria

>> Helloooooooooo! Maria!!!! Is nice to see you again here!
>> Post me a photo, please, of a tenderloin! I have googled but it's
>> difficult
>> to find the meat cut ((
>> Thank you ! Have a nice Epifany day

> Pandora, when you Google are you using the image search or the web
> search?

Yes! I have used image search of google.

The image search is perfect for this kind of information.

Yes! I always consult it.

From
> the google.com homepage, click on 'images' above the search window and
> then type in what you are looking for. I did that and typed in "pork
> tenderloin" without the quotation marks. The first picture in the
> results is a nice one of two pork tenders.

yes! I have clicked too! The first image is of two pork tenderloin raw. The
second is an "italian stuffed pork tenderloin"

> The tenderloin is part of the whole loin and is more tender and is often
> removed from it and marketed as a separate piece. Here are a couple
> pictures. I see that the in the second one, the boneless loin roast is
> also dark in color. I may have misstated in my first post about the
> color -- when cooked, the tenderloin is darker than the rest of the loin
> roast.
>
> http://www.zenreich.com/ZenWeb/porktenderloin.htm
>
> http://www.porkchops.com/images/Bone...ast,%20Split.j

I Understand, but I don't understand why my butcher don't ask me what piece
of loin I want.
Tomorrow I will ask him!
BTW. Thank you very much for these explanations.
Cheers
I let you know! :_)
Pandora
> pg
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Ms. B. Haven" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:47:14 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>>I had a design of the pork cut of meat but now I Am not able to find it

> Perhaps this will help
>
> http://www.andrewsmeat.com/web_images/pork_cuts.jpg

A tender loin should be a "eye of loin"?
Yes I understand.
But what I have buyed?
I have buyed a piece of loin with bones THAT i Cll "Filetto". What do you
call it?
It was soft like butter after cooked! How do you call it?
Vilcoooooooo! Help! Can you help me?

--
Have a green Happy New year
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
PickyJaz

Pandora wrote:
> For Ophelia and all the people interested.
> here is my recipe of: PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST....(snipped)
> Cheers, Pandora

Thank you so much for this delicious looking tenderloin recipe. I've
been carefully watching to see your post of it, and I will be making
this "your way" very soon.

Picky'preciates

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Allan Matthews

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:19:13 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.uk...
>> Thank you very much)

>You are very welcome! I have had some problems (and I actually have some
>problems with my PC). I hope you will enjoy this recipe which had a lot of
>success in our family )
>
>Greetings and have a good year
>Pandora

>>To be perectly precise, the tenderloin is an interior muscle, located inside the ribcage.

If you purchase a pork loin,(boneless) it will come entirely from
outside of the rib cage.Pork chops are simply the loin cut into slices
with the bones (ribs) attached.
The reason the tenderloin is so tender is that it does absolutely no
work being located along the spinal column, inside the rib cage. I
have removed dozens of tenderloins from pigs, deer and cows.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Pandora wrote:

> ...I don't know how you call it, but they give me the part of the pork
> without bones, which is called "Filetto". If I ask to the butcher to give me
> a medaillon, he will give me the final part of the loin. Which is smaller.
> Now you have talked about a certain

Don't worry Pandora. It is not just a language problem. We have been through this thread several times. Someone will post a recipe for "pork tenderloin" and as soon as they mention the weight of the meat some people will pick up on the fact that it is simply too big to be a tenderloin. Most of the tenderloins I
see in the meat counters here max out around 1 pound / half kilo. It's not like a roast where you slice off a portion of a longer chunk of meat to the size you want. When you get a tenderloin you get the whole thing.

As you can see from the meat cut picture link, the tenderloin comes from the loin. Around here, you can get the whole loin or you can the outer piece with the tenderloin removed. Some people opt to buy the whole thing and then remove the tenderloin themselves, which tends to be more economical.

Pork Tenderloin is a very versatile meat.

- slice and marinate to make Satay
- butterfly and marinate in oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic with salt, pepper, oregano and grill
- cut into medallions and then French them, sip in egg then seasoned crumbs and fry
- cut into medallions and fry, then use drippings to make a creamy sauce.... mushrooms, dried apricots, apple, curry
- butterfly and stuff with a nice bread stuffing, or bread and apple
- use a dry rub and grill or roast
- marinate in a honey mustard and bake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Peggy Sullivan wrote:
> Pandora wrote:
> > "Allan Matthews" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> [snip]
> >>Pork Loin is the meat exterior to the ribs and quite close to the
> >>spinal column. Tenderloin is a much smaller muscle that is interior
> >>to the ribs and is located on either side of the spinal column. The
> >>pork loin can be boneless if no portion of the ribs is attached. The
> >>pork tenderloin is generally sold here in the US as a package of two
> >>and would generall not weigh anywhere near 2 Kg. OT.I spent part of
> >>the summer of 1955 in Italy...beutiful country.

> > I Am sorry I understand what you say but I don't undestand waht part of the
> > pork is loin and what is tenderloin. Could you please show me a design?
> > TIA
> > Pandora
> >

> Here is what they say at Hormel:
>
> http://www.hormel.com/templates/know...emid=34&id=309
>
> "The tenderloin is the leanest and most tender cut of pork. It is
> located along the bottom of the loin, starting in the center cut and
> running back through the sirloin end. Because of its leanness, care
> should be taken so that it is not overcooked. It is available whole or
> cut into scallops and medallions."
>
> And here is another picture, with a hand showing the size:
>
> http://web.grcc.cc.mi.us/angus/broad...oadcast09.html
>
> The tenderloin of pork is like the tenderloin of beef, the cut from
> which they get filet mignon steaks. The pork loin is like the beef rib
> roast -- available either with or without bones.

I think pork cuts are explained visually much better here, also
indicates typical weight of each cut:
http://www.lobels.com/store/main/pork.asp

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"PickyJaz" > ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...

> Pandora wrote:
>> For Ophelia and all the people interested.
>> here is my recipe of: PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST....(snipped)
>> Cheers, Pandora

> Thank you so much for this delicious looking tenderloin recipe. I've
> been carefully watching to see your post of it, and I will be making
> this "your way" very soon.

Thank you but choose the proper part of pork! Because I Am not sure that is
tenderloin. perhaps is only a loin without bones!
Cheers
Pandora