Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis

Default Shopping without a voice...(Are you done shopping yet?)

I had an interesting experience today. I was doing the remaining bits of my
Christmas shopping and about mid-morning, I lost my voice. I could get up to
a slightly louder whisper. It was bizarre! And not easy to communicate with
the cashiers. But on the upside, it made me calm and serene, since I
couldn't yell even if I wanted to! lol

I am happy to say, it's getting a little better, though. It's cracking and
hoarse and hurts, but I can make myself heard I think it was all that
coughing!

So, those of you who celebrate Christmas....
Is all your shopping done??

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Nexis wrote:
> I had an interesting experience today. I was doing the remaining bits of my
> Christmas shopping and about mid-morning, I lost my voice. I could get up to
> a slightly louder whisper. It was bizarre! And not easy to communicate with
> the cashiers. But on the upside, it made me calm and serene, since I
> couldn't yell even if I wanted to! lol
>
> I am happy to say, it's getting a little better, though. It's cracking and
> hoarse and hurts, but I can make myself heard I think it was all that
> coughing!
>
> So, those of you who celebrate Christmas....
> Is all your shopping done??
>
> kimberly

I am tres broke this year, so we just got a few things for our daughter
(and I'm making her doughnuts, bacon, and hot chocolate for breakfast
Christmas morning at her request)and I'm making cookies for everyone
else. I'll be done with those tomorrow. I hope our nephews and nieces
like the gingerbread men

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Carol Garbo

Oh, all of my Christmas shopping was done (and wrapped) by the end of
October! Carol

Our life may not always be the party we would have chosen, but while we
are here, we may as well dance!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

Kimberly wrote:

> So, those of you who celebrate Christmas....
> Is all your shopping done??

Yes, but I only had to go to two stores. Everything else was ordered online.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"sarah bennett" > wrote in message
. com...
> Nexis wrote:
> > I had an interesting experience today. I was doing the remaining bits of

my
> > Christmas shopping and about mid-morning, I lost my voice. I could get

up to
> > a slightly louder whisper. It was bizarre! And not easy to communicate

with
> > the cashiers. But on the upside, it made me calm and serene, since I
> > couldn't yell even if I wanted to! lol
> >
> > I am happy to say, it's getting a little better, though. It's cracking

and
> > hoarse and hurts, but I can make myself heard I think it was all that
> > coughing!
> >
> > So, those of you who celebrate Christmas....
> > Is all your shopping done??
> >
> > kimberly
> >

> I am tres broke this year, so we just got a few things for our daughter
> (and I'm making her doughnuts, bacon, and hot chocolate for breakfast
> Christmas morning at her request)and I'm making cookies for everyone
> else. I'll be done with those tomorrow. I hope our nephews and nieces
> like the gingerbread men

We're in the same boat as you, Saerah, so TFM is making his parents a new
mailbox (sometimes being a carpenter is a *good* thing), he's gotten me a
present, which stunned me! Luckily, we don't really have family to buy for.
What kind of cookies are you making for everyone? (That's presents enough,
if you ask me!)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

kilikini wrote:
> "sarah bennett" > wrote in message
> . com...
>
>>Nexis wrote:
>>
>>>I had an interesting experience today. I was doing the remaining bits of

> my
>
>>>Christmas shopping and about mid-morning, I lost my voice. I could get

> up to
>
>>>a slightly louder whisper. It was bizarre! And not easy to communicate

> with
>
>>>the cashiers. But on the upside, it made me calm and serene, since I
>>>couldn't yell even if I wanted to! lol
>>>
>>>I am happy to say, it's getting a little better, though. It's cracking

> and
>
>>>hoarse and hurts, but I can make myself heard I think it was all that
>>>coughing!
>>>
>>>So, those of you who celebrate Christmas....
>>>Is all your shopping done??
>>>
>>>kimberly
>>>

>>I am tres broke this year, so we just got a few things for our daughter
>>(and I'm making her doughnuts, bacon, and hot chocolate for breakfast
>>Christmas morning at her request)and I'm making cookies for everyone
>>else. I'll be done with those tomorrow. I hope our nephews and nieces
>>like the gingerbread men
>>

> We're in the same boat as you, Saerah, so TFM is making his parents a new
> mailbox (sometimes being a carpenter is a *good* thing), he's gotten me a
> present, which stunned me! Luckily, we don't really have family to buy for.
> What kind of cookies are you making for everyone? (That's presents enough,
> if you ask me!)

well, us grown-ups don't usually exchange gifts, but we always give
gifts to our neices and nephews and my husband's parents (my family is
Jewish, so I don't have to worry about that :>)- except for this year,
we really cannot afford to. (working part-time for minimum wage isn't
paying the bills :<)

Ellie and I made gingerbread men, almond butter cookies and vegan and
regular butter cookies yesterday. Today we are making more butter
cookies, gingerbread circles and "blueberry binkies". maybe some
chocolate chip, too, if I feel up to it, and it's not too late. We are
leaving in a bit to go to the "upscale" mall (I always feel as if an
alarm should go off whenever we enter, heh) to go see Santa. Fun!

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Nexis wrote:
> I had an interesting experience today. I was doing the remaining bits of my
> Christmas shopping and about mid-morning, I lost my voice. I could get up to
> a slightly louder whisper. It was bizarre! And not easy to communicate with
> the cashiers. But on the upside, it made me calm and serene, since I
> couldn't yell even if I wanted to! lol
>
> I am happy to say, it's getting a little better, though. It's cracking and
> hoarse and hurts, but I can make myself heard I think it was all that
> coughing!
>
> So, those of you who celebrate Christmas....
> Is all your shopping done??
>
> kimberly

most of my shopping is done. I made the mistake of telling my mom I didn't get
her the exact brand of something she wanted, but I got a reasonable facsimile.
I was then treated to "well, I guess I can stop and pick it up myself when I
come down to visit" so today I'm off to return her gift, drive across town and
get the one she wants. Sigh.

This is why I like my dogs. Whatever I buy them (and I bought them a lot) they
will like!

Now I need to wrap everything (I hate wrapping) and plan dinner for friday.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:39:46 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

> most of my shopping is done. I made the mistake of telling my mom I didn't get
> her the exact brand of something she wanted, but I got a reasonable facsimile.
> I was then treated to "well, I guess I can stop and pick it up myself when I
> come down to visit" so today I'm off to return her gift, drive across town and
> get the one she wants. Sigh.

What's with this trend of placing orders with people for the gifts you
want? I don't get it.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:39:46 GMT, The Bubbo >
> wrote:
>
>> most of my shopping is done. I made the mistake of telling my mom I didn't

get
>> her the exact brand of something she wanted, but I got a reasonable

facsimile.
>> I was then treated to "well, I guess I can stop and pick it up myself when

>> come down to visit" so today I'm off to return her gift, drive across town

and
>> get the one she wants. Sigh.

> What's with this trend of placing orders with people for the gifts you
> want? I don't get it.
>
> Carol

I don't know, it's making me crazy. I have my amazon wishlist and if people
are unsure what to get me, they can certainly check there, but most of the
gifts I get every year are a surprise!

she also didn't like what I got my grandfather and I might go exchange that
too.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:58:53 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

> I have my amazon wishlist and if people
> are unsure what to get me, they can certainly check there, but most of the
> gifts I get every year are a surprise!

I wish mine were surprises. Crash is insecure enough that he won't
buy me something without first asking if I would like it. Every once
in awhile, he surprises me.

This year, he made me go into the store with him so he'd get the right
thing. I collect porcelain canaries made by Andrea by Sadek. It's
just beautiful. I'll post a picture later.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:39:46 GMT, The Bubbo >
> wrote:
>

>>most of my shopping is done. I made the mistake of telling my mom I didn't get
>>her the exact brand of something she wanted, but I got a reasonable facsimile.
>>I was then treated to "well, I guess I can stop and pick it up myself when I
>>come down to visit" so today I'm off to return her gift, drive across town and
>>get the one she wants. Sigh.

> What's with this trend of placing orders with people for the gifts you
> want? I don't get it.
>
> Carol

my MIL wasks us to tell her what we want.
I'm getting new oven mitts and a toaster oven.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

I'm going shopping in the USA... Aussie General Cooking 0 07-10-2010 10:14 PM
Shopping - Still a joy? Dimitri General Cooking 62 30-05-2008 03:16 PM
Keep shopping. reasons General Cooking 0 13-04-2008 08:23 AM
Shopping at TJ's Harriet Neal General Cooking 26 30-12-2006 10:55 AM