Posted to rec.food.cooking
tintalle

Default Cherry cream cheese cake?

I want to make a cherry cake for the holidays. I'd like one that
includes cream cheese in the batter.. wonderful taste and keeps it
moist. Anyone have any tried and true recipes? Google searches come up
with alot of cherry cheesecakes. What i need is closer to a pound cake.

Thanks,

tint

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rusty

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:11:17 -0330, tintalle >
wrote:

>I want to make a cherry cake for the holidays. I'd like one that
>includes cream cheese in the batter.. wonderful taste and keeps it
>moist. Anyone have any tried and true recipes? Google searches come up
>with alot of cherry cheesecakes. What i need is closer to a pound cake.
>
>Thanks,
>
>tint

Cherries in the Snow Cake II
http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/ChrrsnthSnwCkII.asp

Maraschino Cherry Pound Cake
http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/MrschChrryPndCk.asp

Cherry Pound Cake
http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/ChrryPndCk.asp

Holiday Gift Cake
http://holiday.allrecipes.com/az/HlidyGiftCk.asp

Rusty
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

wrote:

>I want to make a cherry cake for the holidays. I'd like one that
>includes cream cheese in the batter.. wonderful taste and keeps it
>moist. Anyone have any tried and true recipes? Google searches come up
>with alot of cherry cheesecakes. What i need is closer to a pound cake.

This is quite good. It's from the Nordic Ware cookbook I got with my
Bundt pan.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheesy Cherry Bundt Cake

Recipe By :Nordic Ware (Bundt Cookbook)
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : cakes Valentine's Day

8 ounces cream cheese -- softened
2 sticks butter -- softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 large eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup maraschino cherries -- drained and chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

In large bowl, thoroughly blend softened cream cheese, butter, sugar,
and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each
addition. Sift together 2 cups of the flour with baking powder and
add gradually to creamed mixture. Combine remaining flour with
cherries and 1/2 cup nuts; fold into batter. Grease 10 or 12-cup
Bundt pan and sprinkle with 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans. Pour
batter into prepared pan and bake at 325F for 60-65 minutes or until
cake tests done. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; turn out on wire rack or
serving plate to complete cooling. Top with vanilla glaze. Garnish
with cherries and pecans.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Posted by Damsel on February 12, 2001:

I baked this cake today, and while it was good, it wasn't really
right. In the future I'll probably skip the cherries and use orange
zest instead. The tanginess of the cream cheese was at odds with the
sweet cherries. If I make it with cherries again, I'll probably use
almond extract instead of vanilla. Might even add a few drops of red
food coloring.

Don't ask me where the vanilla glaze that's referenced in the recipe
comes from!
--
Wash away the gray to respond.