Ninip

Default brandied cherries canning help

Hi Everyone
I am trying to make brandied cherries for the first time. We have a Bing
cherry tree that has produced very well this year. I am confused, so many
different recipes on net. Can anyone give me their tried and true yet
simple recipe that they have used. Want to get started tomorrow morning.
Thanks in advance.

Dave Smith

Ninip wrote:

> Hi Everyone
> I am trying to make brandied cherries for the first time. We have a Bing
> cherry tree that has produced very well this year. I am confused, so many
> different recipes on net. Can anyone give me their tried and true yet
> simple recipe that they have used. Want to get started tomorrow morning.

I didn't realize that they required recipes, though a quick google revealed
some. I have a friend who owns a cherry orchard. He just takes the freshly
picked cherries, sticks them in a jar and covers them with liquor (brandy,
rum, schnapps). I tried them with brandy and thought they needed some
sweetness, so the next time I tired them I dissolved as much sugar as I could
into the brandy and poured than in. The results were excellent.

Brandied Cherries Melba's Jammin' Preserving 3 22-07-2004 01:33 PM
Brandied Cherries The Joneses Preserving 14 17-07-2004 09:19 AM
Light colored cherries for Brandied Cherries? DavidJ01 Preserving 8 05-07-2004 10:25 PM
Brandied Cherries Recipes (moderated) 0 04-07-2004 01:32 PM
Brandied Chocolate Covered Cherries luckytrim Recipes (moderated) 0 24-12-2003 10:51 PM