FoodBanter.com

-   -   Chocolate is healthy (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/73519-chocolate-healthy.html)

maxine in ri 05-11-2005 02:03 PM

Chocolate is healthy

Chocolate is bad for you.
Lead levels in chocolate are not high enough to cause concern on their
own, but added in with other sources in the environment, do cause
concern.

Thus far they haven't a clue as to the primary source.

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20051105/food.asp

maxine in ri

Boron Elgar 05-11-2005 02:51 PM

Chocolate is healthy

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:03:22 -0500, maxine in ri >
wrote:

>Chocolate is bad for you.
>Lead levels in chocolate are not high enough to cause concern on their
>own, but added in with other sources in the environment, do cause
>concern.
>
>Thus far they haven't a clue as to the primary source.
>
>http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20051105/food.asp
>
>maxine in ri

This fully explains my addle-pated state.

I am a long-time subscriber to Science News, as well as a long time
chocolate fan. I am fortunate that I can still read it.

Boron

~patches~ 05-11-2005 02:53 PM

Chocolate is healthy

maxine in ri wrote:

> Chocolate is bad for you.
> Lead levels in chocolate are not high enough to cause concern on their
> own, but added in with other sources in the environment, do cause
> concern.
>
> Thus far they haven't a clue as to the primary source.
>
> http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20051105/food.asp
>
> maxine in ri

I always knew there was something sinister about chocolate! I hate the
stuff. It is horrible & ickky. I hate the taste & the texture & it
makes the back of my throat hurt. This is one food stuff I avoid.

Mark Thorson 05-11-2005 05:10 PM

Chocolate is healthy

~patches~ wrote:

> I always knew there was something sinister about chocolate! I hate the
> stuff. It is horrible & ickky. I hate the taste & the texture & it
> makes the back of my throat hurt. This is one food stuff I avoid.

I'll take your share!

If you must die, this seems like a good way!

maxine in ri 05-11-2005 11:52 PM

Chocolate is healthy

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:53:11 -0500, ~patches~

~maxine in ri wrote:
~
~> Chocolate is bad for you.
~> Lead levels in chocolate are not high enough to cause concern on
their
~> own, but added in with other sources in the environment, do cause
~> concern.
~>
~> Thus far they haven't a clue as to the primary source.
~>
~> http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20051105/food.asp
~>
~> maxine in ri
~
~I always knew there was something sinister about chocolate! I hate
the
~stuff. It is horrible & ickky. I hate the taste & the texture & it
~makes the back of my throat hurt. This is one food stuff I avoid.

That sounds like an allergic reaction. Good thing you don't like it,
so you won't have to worry about repeated incidents.

Wish I could convince my taste buds that it tasted nasty...

maxine in ri