biig

Default Pumpkin pie spice

Does anyone have the combination of spices to equal pumpkin pie
spice? I have a recipe for oatmeal cookies that I'd like to flavour. I
have cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, cardamom....thanks
...Sharon
MoM

"biig" > wrote in message ...

> Does anyone have the combination of spices to equal pumpkin pie
> spice? I have a recipe for oatmeal cookies that I'd like to flavour. I
> have cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, cardamom....thanks
> ..Sharon

Pumpkin Pie Spice I
Use this mixture in recipes that call for pumpkin pie
spice. A blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice that
can be scaled to any size. Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes.
Ready in: approx. 20 Minutes. Makes 8 tablespoons (8
servings).
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Penilu
4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
4 teaspoons ground ginger
3 teaspoons ground allspice

Directions
1 In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
Store in air tight container.

LittleGreyPoodle

biig wrote:
> Does anyone have the combination of spices to equal pumpkin pie
> spice? I have a recipe for oatmeal cookies that I'd like to flavour. I
> have cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, cardamom....thanks
> ..Sharon

Uh... why bother when you can buy PPS pre-mixed at every single grocery
store in the country?
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 24 Oct 2005 12:10:55p, LittleGreyPoodle wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> biig wrote:
>> Does anyone have the combination of spices to equal pumpkin pie
>> spice? I have a recipe for oatmeal cookies that I'd like to flavour. I
>> have cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, cardamom....thanks
>> ..Sharon

> Uh... why bother when you can buy PPS pre-mixed at every single grocery
> store in the country?

Uh, just maybe it's because she has all the spices she needs to make it
herself, not to mention that not all "pumpkin pie spice" is the same.

Personally, I prefer a blend called "mixed spice" in the UK.

Sharon, I can post both a recipe for pumpkin pie spice and one for mixed
spice after I get home from work tonight.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
biig

MoM wrote:

> "biig" > wrote in message ...
> >
> > Does anyone have the combination of spices to equal pumpkin pie
> > spice? I have a recipe for oatmeal cookies that I'd like to flavour. I
> > have cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, cardamom....thanks
> > ..Sharon

> Pumpkin Pie Spice I
> Use this mixture in recipes that call for pumpkin pie
> spice. A blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice that
> can be scaled to any size. Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes.
> Ready in: approx. 20 Minutes. Makes 8 tablespoons (8
> servings).
> Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Penilu
> 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
> 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
> 4 teaspoons ground ginger
> 3 teaspoons ground allspice
>
> Directions
> 1 In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
> Store in air tight container.

Thanks MoM I substituted ground cloves for the allspice....Sharon

biig

LittleGreyPoodle wrote:

> biig wrote:
> > Does anyone have the combination of spices to equal pumpkin pie
> > spice? I have a recipe for oatmeal cookies that I'd like to flavour. I
> > have cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, cardamom....thanks
> > ..Sharon

> Uh... why bother when you can buy PPS pre-mixed at every single grocery
> store in the country?

I was in the mood to make these cookies today and live outside of
town...gas at around a dollar a litre here....I don't run into town for
one item. I had all the other stuff to make up the mix, and it worked
out well....thanks.....Sharon
biig

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Mon 24 Oct 2005 12:10:55p, LittleGreyPoodle wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > biig wrote:
> >> Does anyone have the combination of spices to equal pumpkin pie
> >> spice? I have a recipe for oatmeal cookies that I'd like to flavour. I
> >> have cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, cardamom....thanks
> >> ..Sharon

> > Uh... why bother when you can buy PPS pre-mixed at every single grocery
> > store in the country?
> >

> Uh, just maybe it's because she has all the spices she needs to make it
> herself, not to mention that not all "pumpkin pie spice" is the same.
>
> Personally, I prefer a blend called "mixed spice" in the UK.
>
> Sharon, I can post both a recipe for pumpkin pie spice and one for mixed
> spice after I get home from work tonight.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Thanks Wayne ...I made a small test batch with MoM's recipe (I had
to substitute ground cloves for the allspice) and they turned out
great. Cooling as I speak. They are an oatmeal/choc chip cookie I'm
adapting to give out for halloween. I sprinkled them with orange
sugar. We have a reputation for handing out large (6") cookies and the
trick or treaters have come to know what to expect at our house. Thanks
again.....Sharon

> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 24 Oct 2005 12:50:02p, biig wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> On Mon 24 Oct 2005 12:10:55p, LittleGreyPoodle wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:

>> > Uh... why bother when you can buy PPS pre-mixed at every single
>> > grocery store in the country?
>> >

>> Uh, just maybe it's because she has all the spices she needs to make it
>> herself, not to mention that not all "pumpkin pie spice" is the same.
>>
>> Personally, I prefer a blend called "mixed spice" in the UK.
>>
>> Sharon, I can post both a recipe for pumpkin pie spice and one for
>> mixed spice after I get home from work tonight.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> Thanks Wayne ...I made a small test batch with MoM's recipe (I had
> to substitute ground cloves for the allspice) and they turned out
> great. Cooling as I speak. They are an oatmeal/choc chip cookie I'm
> adapting to give out for halloween. I sprinkled them with orange
> sugar. We have a reputation for handing out large (6") cookies and the
> trick or treaters have come to know what to expect at our house. Thanks
> again.....Sharon

Glad it worked, Sharon. Hmm... I should come to your house for trick or
treat! Nothing like that given out around. :-(

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Goomba38

MoM wrote:
> 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
> 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
> 4 teaspoons ground ginger
> 3 teaspoons ground allspice

Huh?? No cloves?
I like the Libby's recipe on the can, except I double everything.
Goomba38

LittleGreyPoodle wrote:

> Uh... why bother when you can buy PPS pre-mixed at every single grocery
> store in the country?

I'd hate to waste the money on someone elses "concoction" when I can
do it myself and have the individual spices for other uses too. That
keeps them used, replaced and fresh.

MoM

"biig" > wrote in message ...

> MoM wrote:
>>
>> "biig" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Does anyone have the combination of spices to equal pumpkin pie
>> > spice? I have a recipe for oatmeal cookies that I'd like to flavour.
>> > have cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, cardamom....thanks
>> > ..Sharon

>> Pumpkin Pie Spice I
>> Use this mixture in recipes that call for pumpkin pie
>> spice. A blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice that
>> can be scaled to any size. Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes.
>> Ready in: approx. 20 Minutes. Makes 8 tablespoons (8
>> servings).
>> Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Penilu
>> 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
>> 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
>> 4 teaspoons ground ginger
>> 3 teaspoons ground allspice
>>
>> Directions
>> 1 In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
>> Store in air tight container.

> Thanks MoM I substituted ground cloves for the allspice....Sharon

My pleasure. I'm not fond of cloves so this one looked good to me.

BTW, where abouts in Canada are you? I'm near Fergus in Ontario.

MoM

biig

MoM wrote:

> "biig" > wrote in message ...
> >

> > MoM wrote:

> >> Pumpkin Pie Spice I
> >> Use this mixture in recipes that call for pumpkin pie
> >> spice. A blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice that
> >> can be scaled to any size. Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes.
> >> Ready in: approx. 20 Minutes. Makes 8 tablespoons (8
> >> servings).
> >> Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Penilu
> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
> >> 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
> >> 4 teaspoons ground ginger
> >> 3 teaspoons ground allspice
> >>
> >> Directions
> >> 1 In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
> >> Store in air tight container.

> > Thanks MoM I substituted ground cloves for the allspice....Sharon

> My pleasure. I'm not fond of cloves so this one looked good to me.
>
> BTW, where abouts in Canada are you? I'm near Fergus in Ontario.
>
> MoM

I'm near Blenheim in SW Ontario. I think I mentioned before that I'm
familiar with your area. My grandfather grew up in Elora and I have
ancestors in Belsyde. (cemetery) My husband and myself participated in
the dollhouse and miniatures show in Fergus and couple of years.
biig

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Mon 24 Oct 2005 12:50:02p, biig wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >>
> >> On Mon 24 Oct 2005 12:10:55p, LittleGreyPoodle wrote in
> >> rec.food.cooking:

> >> Uh, just maybe it's because she has all the spices she needs to make it
> >> herself, not to mention that not all "pumpkin pie spice" is the same.
> >>
> >> Personally, I prefer a blend called "mixed spice" in the UK.
> >>
> >> Sharon, I can post both a recipe for pumpkin pie spice and one for
> >> mixed spice after I get home from work tonight.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> > Thanks Wayne ...I made a small test batch with MoM's recipe (I had
> > to substitute ground cloves for the allspice) and they turned out
> > great. Cooling as I speak. They are an oatmeal/choc chip cookie I'm
> > adapting to give out for halloween. I sprinkled them with orange
> > sugar. We have a reputation for handing out large (6") cookies and the
> > trick or treaters have come to know what to expect at our house. Thanks
> > again.....Sharon

> Glad it worked, Sharon. Hmm... I should come to your house for trick or
> treat! Nothing like that given out around. :-(
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Ya gotta have a costume Wayne....A good one will get you two cookies.
lol.....Sharon

> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Pumpkin/Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee -- NOT A LATTE/Cappuccino lndh777 Coffee 0 26-08-2007 09:03 PM
Pumpkin Spice Bread Tim Recipes 0 26-05-2005 12:10 PM
Pumpkin Spice Bread Read Recipes (moderated) 0 28-11-2004 06:31 AM
Pumpkin Pie Spice MurphAssoc General Cooking 3 09-10-2004 08:57 PM
Pumpkin Pie Spice? tintalle General Cooking 2 23-06-2004 03:30 AM