kilikini

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> If you're like me and the zucchini patch is overflowing, this recipe is
> good.
>
> Creamy Zucchini Soup
>
> 2 pounds zucchini, sliced
> 1 large white onion, sliced
> 1/4 cup butter
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 1/2 tsp. crushed bay leaves
> 1/3 cup fresh parsley
> 1 cup chicken broth
> 1/2 cup dry white wine
> 1/2 cup evaporated milk
> Salt and pepper to taste
>
> Heat butter in a skillet and saute zucchini and onion until tender.
> Remove from heat and add garlic, bay leaves and parsley. Place in a
> blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place mixture in a
> saucepan and add chicken broth, wine evaporated milk and salt and
> pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve warm.

That's a keeper! Thanks, Patches.

kili

S'mee [AKA Jani]

One time on Usenet, ~patches~ > said:
> If you're like me and the zucchini patch is overflowing, this recipe is
> good.
>
> Creamy Zucchini Soup
>
> 2 pounds zucchini, sliced
> 1 large white onion, sliced
> 1/4 cup butter
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 1/2 tsp. crushed bay leaves
> 1/3 cup fresh parsley
> 1 cup chicken broth
> 1/2 cup dry white wine
> 1/2 cup evaporated milk
> Salt and pepper to taste
>
> Heat butter in a skillet and saute zucchini and onion until tender.
> Remove from heat and add garlic, bay leaves and parsley. Place in a
> blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place mixture in a
> saucepan and add chicken broth, wine evaporated milk and salt and
> pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve warm.

This sounds so good! One question though -- do you peel the zucchini
first? I'm going to try this next week, when the rain moves in...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, VidGamer, novice cook, dieter ~
Jim Davis

This brings up a question. I always try to leave the peel on where
possible, on potatoes, eggplant, zuccinni, etc etc etc. I do it for a
couple of reasons; 1st I'm lazy and 2nd I've always heard that the peels
contained the most nutrients. Also in many cases they are very tasty.
Whadda y'all think?

S'mee [AKA Jani] wrote:

>One time on Usenet, ~patches~ > said:
>

>>If you're like me and the zucchini patch is overflowing, this recipe is
>>good.
>>
>>Creamy Zucchini Soup
>>
>> 2 pounds zucchini, sliced
>> 1 large white onion, sliced
>> 1/4 cup butter
>> 2 cloves garlic, minced
>> 1/2 tsp. crushed bay leaves
>> 1/3 cup fresh parsley
>> 1 cup chicken broth
>> 1/2 cup dry white wine
>> 1/2 cup evaporated milk
>> Salt and pepper to taste
>>
>> Heat butter in a skillet and saute zucchini and onion until tender.
>>Remove from heat and add garlic, bay leaves and parsley. Place in a
>>blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place mixture in a
>>saucepan and add chicken broth, wine evaporated milk and salt and
>>pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve warm.
>>

>This sounds so good! One question though -- do you peel the zucchini
>first? I'm going to try this next week, when the rain moves in...

~patches~

S'mee [AKA Jani] wrote:

> One time on Usenet, ~patches~ > said:
>
>>If you're like me and the zucchini patch is overflowing, this recipe is
>>good.
>>
>>Creamy Zucchini Soup
>>
>> 2 pounds zucchini, sliced
>> 1 large white onion, sliced
>> 1/4 cup butter
>> 2 cloves garlic, minced
>> 1/2 tsp. crushed bay leaves
>> 1/3 cup fresh parsley
>> 1 cup chicken broth
>> 1/2 cup dry white wine
>> 1/2 cup evaporated milk
>> Salt and pepper to taste
>>
>> Heat butter in a skillet and saute zucchini and onion until tender.
>>Remove from heat and add garlic, bay leaves and parsley. Place in a
>>blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place mixture in a
>>saucepan and add chicken broth, wine evaporated milk and salt and
>>pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve warm.

> This sounds so good! One question though -- do you peel the zucchini
> first? I'm going to try this next week, when the rain moves in...

I don't peel the zucchini.

~patches~

Jim Davis wrote:

> This brings up a question. I always try to leave the peel on where
> possible, on potatoes, eggplant, zuccinni, etc etc etc. I do it for a
> couple of reasons; 1st I'm lazy and 2nd I've always heard that the peels
> contained the most nutrients. Also in many cases they are very tasty.
> Whadda y'all think?

I'm with you on the not peeling not because of being lazy but for the
nutritional value. Funny thing, DFIL would not even sit at a table that
had the potato skins still on. He grew up during the war and potato
skins were *pig food* so he would not eat them not even on baked
potatoes! Thank goodness DH will eat the skins except tomato skins. I
peel potatoes only when making a sour cream/cream potato dish or
scalloped potatoes. Other veggies are used with the skins on with the
exception of winter squashes. On a side note, if you leave the skins on
apples when making apple sauce the result is a very pretty pink. I just
stick it through the food mill before serving.

> S'mee [AKA Jani] wrote:
>
>> One time on Usenet, ~patches~ > said:
>>

>>> If you're like me and the zucchini patch is overflowing, this recipe
>>> is good.
>>>
>>> Creamy Zucchini Soup
>>>
>>> 2 pounds zucchini, sliced
>>> 1 large white onion, sliced
>>> 1/4 cup butter
>>> 2 cloves garlic, minced
>>> 1/2 tsp. crushed bay leaves
>>> 1/3 cup fresh parsley
>>> 1 cup chicken broth
>>> 1/2 cup dry white wine
>>> 1/2 cup evaporated milk
>>> Salt and pepper to taste
>>>
>>> Heat butter in a skillet and saute zucchini and onion until tender.
>>> Remove from heat and add garlic, bay leaves and parsley. Place in a
>>> blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place mixture in a
>>> saucepan and add chicken broth, wine evaporated milk and salt and
>>> pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve warm.
>>>

>> This sounds so good! One question though -- do you peel the zucchini
>> first? I'm going to try this next week, when the rain moves in...

Creamy Asparagus Soup Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 19-04-2007 03:46 PM
Creamy Mustard Zucchini Slaw Chef Tamara Recipes (moderated) 0 25-10-2006 04:56 PM
Creamy Pumpkin Soup Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 11-10-2006 11:18 PM
CREAMY BEAN SOUP Tim Recipes 0 08-01-2006 12:10 PM
REC: Creamy Tomato Soup limey General Cooking 2 29-09-2004 11:43 PM