jmcquown

Default Woo Hoo! (ping Southern USians)

Found some glorious baby turnip greens *and* big smoked turkey wings fer
cheap Oh man, I don't care how hot it is (and it's HOT!) - in the next
couple of days I'm cooking up a pot o' greens with the smoked turkey. I'll
add chopped onion, probably a little garlic, pepper, and at the end a splash
of vinegar and Tabasco sauce. I haven't made a big mess o' greens in years.
I know lots of people would be saying "use smoked ham hocks" (or
alternately, "ewwww!" LOL). Sure, I've made them with hocks but the smoked
turkey wings just called to me.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

sf

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:14:41 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Found some glorious baby turnip greens *and* big smoked turkey wings fer
> cheap Oh man, I don't care how hot it is (and it's HOT!) - in the next
> couple of days I'm cooking up a pot o' greens with the smoked turkey. I'll
> add chopped onion, probably a little garlic, pepper, and at the end a splash
> of vinegar and Tabasco sauce. I haven't made a big mess o' greens in years.
> I know lots of people would be saying "use smoked ham hocks" (or
> alternately, "ewwww!" LOL). Sure, I've made them with hocks but the smoked
> turkey wings just called to me.

You gonna be doing that in the slow cooker, Jill?

jmcquown

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:14:41 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Found some glorious baby turnip greens *and* big smoked turkey
>> wings fer cheap Oh man, I don't care how hot it is (and it's
>> HOT!) - in the next couple of days I'm cooking up a pot o' greens
>>

> You gonna be doing that in the slow cooker, Jill?

Nope, slow simmered on the stove top. We're supposed to have a "cold
snap" - it's only going to be 95 on Monday!

itsjoannotjoann

We're supposed to have a "cold
> snap" - it's only going to be 95 on Monday!

And rain, too!! YIPPPEEE

jmcquown

itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> We're supposed to have a "cold
>> snap" - it's only going to be 95 on Monday!

> And rain, too!! YIPPPEEE

Ya think?! LOL

Jill