Von Fourche

Default Mojito Recipe?

I finally got me some mint leaves to make a Mojito. Now I need an easy
and good recipe.

Anybody got a good Mojito recipe? Do I need to actually use a real lime
or is lime juice enough?

Thanks!

Andy

"Von Fourche" > wrote in
ink.net:

> I finally got me some mint leaves to make a Mojito. Now I need an
> easy
> and good recipe.
>
> Anybody got a good Mojito recipe? Do I need to actually use a
> real lime
> or is lime juice enough?
>
> Thanks!

http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/recipes.php#mojito

After a couple mojitos, lime juice isn't your problem!

Andy
nina

Von Fourche wrote:
> I finally got me some mint leaves to make a Mojito. Now I need an easy
> and good recipe.
>
> Anybody got a good Mojito recipe? Do I need to actually use a real lime
> or is lime juice enough?
>
> Thanks!

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/rmojito.html

I like real limes, I keep a small stash here for beverages. But Real
Lime should be ok.

aem

Von Fourche wrote:
> I finally got me some mint leaves to make a Mojito. Now I need an easy
> and good recipe.
>
> Anybody got a good Mojito recipe? Do I need to actually use a real lime
> or is lime juice enough?

Here's a standard recipe. After going to the trouble of getting fresh
mint leaves it would be a pity not to use fresh limes as well. -aem

1 1/2 oz. Light Rum
1 oz. Lime Juice
1 tsp Sugar
3-4 Mint Leaves
Club Soda

Combine lime juice, mint and sugar in a tall glass.
Stir and tap gently to bruise the mint.
Fill glass 3/4 with ice.
Add the rum.
Top with soda. Stir well.

-L.

Real limes (you need the oils from the rind) are a must as is superfine
sugar and light white rum...

-L.

Von Fourche

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Von Fourche wrote:
> > I finally got me some mint leaves to make a Mojito. Now I need an easy
> > and good recipe.
> >
> > Anybody got a good Mojito recipe? Do I need to actually use a real

lime
> > or is lime juice enough?
> >

> Here's a standard recipe. After going to the trouble of getting fresh
> mint leaves it would be a pity not to use fresh limes as well. -aem
>
> 1 1/2 oz. Light Rum
> 1 oz. Lime Juice
> 1 tsp Sugar
> 3-4 Mint Leaves
> Club Soda
>
> Combine lime juice, mint and sugar in a tall glass.
> Stir and tap gently to bruise the mint.
> Fill glass 3/4 with ice.
> Add the rum.
> Top with soda. Stir well.

I got some fresh limes today and just made a mojito. I used the recipe
from Bacardi:

1.5oz rum
12 mint leaves
1/2 lime
4 tsp of sugar
club soda

I put about ten leaves in the bottom. Then put in 4 tsp of sugar. Then
I cut a lime in half. Put one half back in the fridge and put the other
half in a lime squeezer and squeezed most of the lime out. Then I poured
the lime in the cup and then the rum. Then muddled everything until the
sugar was dissolved. Then I cut the one half lime I already used in half
and put one half on the bottom of the glass. Then filled with ice, put in
the other half of the lime, then filled with sparkling water.

I've never had a mojito before in a bar or restaurant so I'm going on
blind taste.

My mojito tastes mostly of mint leaves and lime. I assume that's the
way it's supposed to taste?

aem

Von Fourche wrote:
[snip]
> My mojito tastes mostly of mint leaves and lime. I assume that's the
> way it's supposed to taste?

I don't want to argue with an authority like Bacard=ED, but the recipe I
posted is a lot closer to the way they make them at the Cuban Bistro a
few miles from me. The quantities of mint leaves and of sugar seem
excessive for one tall glass and one shot of rum. -aem

So do you squeeze the lime wedges first and then drop them in? Some
recipes call for the "juice of half a lime". Also, since sugar doesn't
dissolve well in cold liquid, would artificial sweetener be
sacreligious?

OMG Mojito War[_4_] Vegan 1 18-07-2010 09:56 PM
OMG Mojito War[_4_] Barbecue 1 18-07-2010 09:56 PM
OMG Mojito War[_4_] Recipes 0 13-07-2010 12:00 AM
Mojito Judy Bolton Recipes (moderated) 0 24-09-2005 01:08 PM
Mojito Recipe? Von Fourche General 1 29-07-2005 01:38 PM