Debbie

Default Smoked Brisket Result

Well we had our brisket yesterday. It was wonderful. It could have stayed
on the smoker a little while longer, but the gang was getting impatient and
the kids were growing cranky. The heat and the resulting periodic thunder
storms added to the ambience. :-) There was a lovely smoke ring and the
flavour was divine. I followed the directions on the link posted by Victor.
I had previously incorrectly stated that Ed had posted the link. The only
departure from these instructions were I added some red wine to the
garlic/onion mixture I rubbed on the meat and the brisket was removed before
the temp could read 170 in the heel. It had gotten to about 160 or so.

In the pm while waiting for the brisket, we enjoyed canapés of tuna, salmon,
walnut and cucumber, grape and cheese cube kebabs with a mint sauce, cream
cheese stuffed grapes, and layed taco dip with pita chips.

The sides with the main course included:

Baked Beans
Grilled Pineapple as per Alans post on the 11th
Grilled Portabello caps as per Katra's post on the 11th
Potato Salad
Cole Slaw
Taste of Dorset Wild Rice Salad as posted by Barb Schaller on June 11
Onion Ring Salad
Waldorf Salad
Endive and Mandarin Salad with a Honey Orange Dressing

Dessert was Walnut Ricotta Torte
and Watergate Salad as posted by Damsel on the 11th.

There was little food (or wine or beer) left. No-one regretted how they
spent this past Saturday.

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.

Debbie

Katra

In article >,
"Debbie" > wrote:

> Well we had our brisket yesterday. It was wonderful. It could have stayed
> on the smoker a little while longer, but the gang was getting impatient and
> the kids were growing cranky. The heat and the resulting periodic thunder
> storms added to the ambience. :-) There was a lovely smoke ring and the
> flavour was divine. I followed the directions on the link posted by Victor.
> I had previously incorrectly stated that Ed had posted the link. The only
> departure from these instructions were I added some red wine to the
> garlic/onion mixture I rubbed on the meat and the brisket was removed before
> the temp could read 170 in the heel. It had gotten to about 160 or so.
>
> In the pm while waiting for the brisket, we enjoyed canapés of tuna, salmon,
> walnut and cucumber, grape and cheese cube kebabs with a mint sauce, cream
> cheese stuffed grapes, and layed taco dip with pita chips.
>
> The sides with the main course included:
>
> Baked Beans
> Grilled Pineapple as per Alans post on the 11th
> Grilled Portabello caps as per Katra's post on the 11th
> Potato Salad
> Cole Slaw
> Taste of Dorset Wild Rice Salad as posted by Barb Schaller on June 11
> Onion Ring Salad
> Waldorf Salad
> Endive and Mandarin Salad with a Honey Orange Dressing
>
> Dessert was Walnut Ricotta Torte
> and Watergate Salad as posted by Damsel on the 11th.
>
> There was little food (or wine or beer) left. No-one regretted how they
> spent this past Saturday.
>
> Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.
>
> Debbie

Most welcome! :-)
Glad you liked the portabellos.....

I'm going to have to try some cheese stuffed grapes for dad
one of these days......

This list is grand isn't it?

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada

Nexis

"Debbie" > wrote in message
> Well we had our brisket yesterday. It was wonderful. It could have stayed
> on the smoker a little while longer, but the gang was getting impatient
> and
> the kids were growing cranky. The heat and the resulting periodic thunder
> storms added to the ambience. :-) There was a lovely smoke ring and the
> flavour was divine. I followed the directions on the link posted by
> Victor.
> I had previously incorrectly stated that Ed had posted the link. The only
> departure from these instructions were I added some red wine to the
> garlic/onion mixture I rubbed on the meat and the brisket was removed
> before
> the temp could read 170 in the heel. It had gotten to about 160 or so.

<snip>
> Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.
>
> Debbie

Debbie,

Sounds delightful! All this brisket talk has me wanting to make one myself.
Last year, when we had the whole cast and crew here I smoked brisket and
pork shoulder. Was nary a scrap left of either!

kimberly

Debbie

Katra wrote:
>> In article >,
>> "Debbie" > wrote:
>>
>>> Well we had our brisket yesterday. It was wonderful. >>> Thanks to
>>> everyone for all your suggestions.
>>>
>>> Debbie

>> Most welcome! :-)
>> Glad you liked the portabellos.....
>>
>> I'm going to have to try some cheese stuffed grapes for dad
>> one of these days......

They are nice on a warm day. I like the mint dip for the kebabs too on a
hot day. All I do is mince up some mint leaves (to taste) and mix them with
sour cream and let sit to blend.

Debbie

Speaking of Chili, anybody got a Chili con Carne recipe featuring smoked brisket? Chef Juke Barbecue 3 18-08-2006 07:00 PM
Smoked beef brisket Martin Golding General Cooking 14 15-07-2004 07:24 PM
Smoked Brisket Duckie ® Recipes 0 12-02-2004 01:35 PM
Pastrami = Smoked Corned Beef Brisket? Tank General Cooking 1 01-12-2003 03:54 AM