Japhet

Default Elizabeth Craig Electric Cookery 1938

The Way to a Good Table Electric Cookery,Lovely cookbook showing a very
young Elizabeth Craig on flyleaf.Good condition,ex library with a library
sticker and small stamps on leaf (see scan) 1938 .Silver (!) coloured
boards.Good condition,sound copy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...209989479&rd=1
Superb book for the Elizabeth Craig collector,and not one I've seen before.

N. Thornton

"Japhet" > wrote in message >...
> The Way to a Good Table Electric Cookery,Lovely cookbook showing a very
> young Elizabeth Craig on flyleaf.Good condition,ex library with a library
> sticker and small stamps on leaf (see scan) 1938 .Silver (!) coloured
> boards.Good condition,sound copy.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...209989479&rd=1
> Superb book for the Elizabeth Craig collector,and not one I've seen before.

Elizabeth Craig was the rock bottom end of cookery. Her books were for
those that had to spend no more than about 2 bucks a week in todays
money on food. Cheap is being polite.

A typical recipe of hers is Scrapple. I dont have her book to hand,
but it goes something like this:
1 potato, cubed
1 tomato, squashed
any odd bits of lettuce /cabbage /anything green you can find
pinch of gravy powder.
Boil.

I cant seriously imagine there are any 'Elizabeth Craig collectors'
out there! One of her books is enough.

Regards, NT