AT&T Worldnet News

Default Cool think happened. Need advice.

I came home from a work a couple nights ago to a phone call from a Sur la
Table representative who told me I won the $1,000 shopping spree contest I
entered a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, I've psyched to have a big
gift card that I *must* spend in a kitchen store. And yet, $1,000 isn't
really that much depending on how you spend it (like on that Italian ice
cream maker for $800). My wife would like to spend the whole amount on
things that are decorative, but maybe because I'm a guy, I want to spend it
on equipment. Over the years, I've acquired many of the basics, such as a
stand mixer, a food processor, a basic knife set, etc., but what are some
additional tools that can expand a novice cook's ability to prepare foods
faster, easier, and with better quality if not uniqueness. I can think of a
couple good examples might be a mandoline or pasta maker--things not found
in most kitchens, but that are used often by folks that cook for a living or
at least take it seriously.

What did you once splurge on and you've always been glad you did? What did
you splurge on and wish that you hadn't? What would you get with your
$1,000?

PENMART01

wrote:

>I came home from a work a couple nights ago to a phone call from a Sur la
>Table representative who told me I won the $1,000 shopping spree contest I
>entered a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, I've psyched to have a big
>gift card that I *must* spend in a kitchen store. And yet, $1,000 isn't
>really that much depending on how you spend it (like on that Italian ice
>cream maker for $800).
>
>My wife would like to spend the whole amount on
>things that are decorative, but maybe because I'm a guy, I want to spend it
>on equipment.

You need to think about that? You're an idiot.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon